Many 360 games region free

[quote name='JimmieMac']He's getting a USA 360. It's en route.[/QUOTE]
And now he might not have even had to do that. I hope Japanese games are region free too... I'm sure Cheapy could tell us as soon as his gets there.

But at least we know for sure that theres not a blanket regional lockout, its dependant on the publisher.

[quote name='LiquidNight']Its not like there's too many foreign made games to import for the xbox like there are for sony and nintendo systems[/QUOTE]

Yeah there are. Hell, Japan's even got Shin Megami Tensei on XBox with Live support

[quote name='LiquidNight']Its not like there's too many foreign made games to import for the xbox like there are for sony and nintendo systems[/QUOTE]
There were plenty of Japanese exclusive Xbox titles... Tons of dating sims, RPG's, mech games, 2d shooters...

[quote name='dafoomie']And now he might not have even had to do that. I hope Japanese games are region free too... I'm sure Cheapy could tell us as soon as his gets there.[/QUOTE]

He'e there already, his Xbox from the US is on it's way.

If he got a J-Xbox the menus and such would be in Japanese and without his wife around, he doesn't read it so good.

[quote name='JimmieMac']He'e there already, his Xbox from the US is on it's way.

If he got a J-Xbox the menus and such would be in Japanese and without his wife around, he doesn't read it so good.[/QUOTE]
I know he's there, but the 360 isn't. I'd be very interested to know if he's going to grab a couple Japanese games and try them out.

Isn't the language selectable in the dashboard?

[quote name='JimmieMac']He'e there already, his Xbox from the US is on it's way.[/QUOTE]
That's why he said "HIS" not "HE'S"

Actually, the 360 is still en route to my parents house.
Now I am really confused...
Its going to cost me about $100 to ship that sucker to Japan (if I want to see in in 2005), but on December 10th, I'll have no problem picking up a Premium Japanese 360 for about $330 US.

I don't know if the language is selectable in the dashboard on the 360, but I checked my original Xbox and i see that it is. :whistle2:k

Here is the Japanese Xbox 360 Launch Lineup:

Dead or Alive 4
FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup
Ridge Racer 6
Every Party
Tetris: The Grandmaster Ace
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Perfect Dark Zero

I don't know if the language is selectable in the dashboard on the 360, but I checked my original Xbox and i see that it is.

Gives you an option to change the language when you boot up, yep.

[quote name='Scorch']Gives you an option to change the language when you boot up, yep.[/QUOTE] Do you see an option that looks like this?
[font=&quot]日本語
added screen cap in case you don't have japanese installed on your PC
[/font]

You'll have to inform us if the Japanese titles work, Cheapy.

If not, $330 for the platinum version? W/ the FFXI beta? Shit, I might jump on that anyway.

[quote name='CheapyD']Do you see an option that looks like this?
[font=&quot]日本語
[/font]
[/QUOTE]Bump..can some one check that for me?

[quote name='CheapyD']Do you see an option that looks like this?
[font=&quot]日本語
[/font]
[/QUOTE]

Like they said, its hip to be square! :) :bouncy:

I don't think I've checked my Xbox language settings in years, but I am 90% sure that Japanese is available.

It may be the Sierra Nevada talking, but I am certain of that much.

bread's done
Back