Where will YOU preorder your PS3?

Probably EB Games...They won't force me to buy extra accessories or games. And I won't lose my place on the list because some dumbass has already paid their system in full.

has that been known to happen at Gamecrazy?

(this is my first launch that i've been really looking forward to and i'm pretty much new to everything)

Not sure. I don't know where I should pre-order because EB really screwed me over with the PS2 pre-order (don't feel like typing it out but it got to the point where corporate had to get involved) and since Gamestop and EB are the same company by the time PS3 comes out, that leaves them out. FYE is probably going to force a bundle like they did with the 360 and PSP and there are no Gamecrazy or Gamerush stores in my area.

i'm hearing mixed emotions about everything, and i'm sure as hell not waiting outside, i need something shipped to my house, or maybe just buy the system on reserve the day after launch, but I don't know where to reserve one

[quote name='Kaijufan']After DRE PS2s and dead pixel PSPs people still want to get Sony hardware on launch day? ;)[/QUOTE]
I never had a problem with my PS2 launch until god fried it (lightning storm).

I'll probably get mine at TRU like I got my PS2 preorder, no line BS, no waiting at midnight, just picked it up after school along with my games. :)

Well, I'm still waiting for my Xbox360 pre-order from Gamestop so I don't believe I'm going to pre-order a PS3. Maybe I'll try my hand at camping out. Maybe I'll see if my g/f wants to camp with me and attain geek nirvana!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']

I'll probably get mine at TRU like I got my PS2 preorder, no line BS, no waiting at midnight, just picked it up after school along with my games. :)[/QUOTE]

Does Toys R Us still do pre-orders on systems? I know they didn't for Gamecube and I didn't think they did for the 360 either.

has anyone had problems with a preorder at Gamecrazy? ( i.e.- forced to buy a bundle, forced to buy accessories) It's the closest thing to me and i'm interested in what it has to offer

with the troubles i have seen with the first batch of a launch system, i will wait a few more years for fixes/ehancements/price drops. Look at me, i just picked up my first PS2, only 5 years late :)

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Does Toys R Us still do pre-orders on systems? I know they didn't for Gamecube and I didn't think they did for the 360 either.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure if they still do, but it'd be the first place I'd turn to to do it. If not, I'd probably get to EB or GS as soon as I could to try to prevent the kind of situation where my status of getting it day one was questionable.

i actually called them yesterday and i was being recommended to the 360 practically the whole time on the phone,just hearing this guy's opinion, but at the end of it all they arent taking preorders yet :whistle2:/..

did you ask them if they had a waiting list or for an actual preorder?

[quote name='XCutioner93']Is Gamecrazy usually the best in handling preorders? There's one in my area and I might go there.[/QUOTE]

yeah thats what i'm tryin to find out because i can practically walk to my gamecrazy and back, that doesn't mean i'm going to after launch tho :boxing:

Remember though, buying consoles from Gamecrazy'll score you 12 free movie/game rentals to Hollywood Video

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Remember though, buying consoles from Gamecrazy'll score you 12 free movie/game rentals to Hollywood Video[/QUOTE]

yeah thats always true, i think i'll go with them for my first llaunch ,i heard stories that they force you to buy bundles and extra accessories, but no official word on it

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Probably EB Games...They won't force me to buy extra accessories or games. And I won't lose my place on the list because some dumbass has already paid their system in full.[/QUOTE]

So you should come before someone who paid in full, and not just have their name on the list? Please explain that logic.

[quote name='xxxafibenderxxx']has anyone had problems with a preorder at Gamecrazy? ( i.e.- forced to buy a bundle, forced to buy accessories) It's the closest thing to me and i'm interested in what it has to offer[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you guys are saying about all this preorder shyt is true or not. But I called and went in person to preorder from Gamecrazy today and they are very cool. I told them I don't want to be force to take a bundle and he said no I called them twice they gave me the same answer. When I went in person to preorder I asked them again he said no. I was in 21 on the list so people are really starting to get crazy already. They even took down my color I wanted BLACK. I was told I would get the color I want unless they get a shipments of only white or something like that. I can understand that. So, I think all this talk about getting screwed is not that much true. It might be a bit but not much and I would say still better then waiting 10-20 in line for the system.

[quote name='howlinmad']So you should come before someone who paid in full, and not just have their name on the list? Please explain that logic.[/QUOTE]
You're not too bright, so I'll let this one slide.

[quote name='xxxafibenderxxx']how much money did you put down?[/QUOTE]

$50... If they screw me up shyt they better watch out their ass. Looks like you guys just took it softly man I would have just started yelling in the store. Then they will do something and not try to fuk like that. Even though I got it preorder I'm going keep in touch that’s is the important part. If you have it preorder don't just chill and kick back like they going to come and deliver it to you. You have to keep on it and the day when it arrives just give them a call the day before or on that day so they remember you. Then they won't do anything like that just call and tell them something like I have a preorder and here is my info and I'll be there by ... and you better have it and get that person name down shyt you'll never have a problem with it ;) . Pick it up asap don't wait till closing I'm gona go get it when they open.

[quote name='pnjabimunda8']$50... If they screw me up shyt they better watch out their ass. Looks like you guys just took it softly man I would have just started yelling in the store. Then they will do something and not try to fuk like that. Even though I got it preorder I'm going keep in touch that’s is the important part. If you have it preorder don't just chill and kick back like they going to come and deliver it to you. You have to keep on it and the day when it arrives just give them a call the day before or on that day so they remember you. Then they won't do anything like that just call and tell them something like I have a preorder and here is my info and I'll be there by ... and you better have it and get that person name down shyt you'll never have a problem with it ;) . Pick it up asap don't wait till closing I'm gona go get it when they open.[/QUOTE]

Tip

I'm going to pre-order my PS3 at TRU. I have a lot of AMEX points I can redeem at TRU and I'm going to put them all toward the PS3. Anything to help with the $400+ price tag of the system. On the first day TRU starts pre-ordering I'll be there. Hopefully, they won't force bundles on people.

If I do pre-order it, I am making sure to not pre-order it at Ebgames since I haven't even recieved my 360 yet even though i was #15 on the pre-order list. Oh well, Might try pre-ordering it at gamecrazy.

[quote name='xxxafibenderxxx']I think i'll be preordering mine from gamecrazy.. where will you be preordering it?[/QUOTE]

'Gamerush' all the way... DS / PSP orders went without a hitch...

[quote name='MADHOUZDV']Im Going To Order From Fye Because There The Only Store I Know Preordering[/QUOTE]

you havent heard of best buy, eb, gamestop, gamecrazy and gamerush?

I Said It Is The Only Store I Knoe Preordering Not That I Dont Know Any Stores I Dont Have Any Gamecrazys Were I Live.

bread's done
Back