The Official CDtradepost Deals thread (Transformers S1 V1, $7.99)

guardian_owl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
There is a regional chain of used CD and video game sales store called CD Tradepost. Go to the website, type what you are looking for in the search field and find out which stores have it in stock. If you live near the store which has the item, you can pop in to buy it. Or for $3 you can have it shipped from the store. Just call a store that has the item and give them your info. I've ordered from various stores with no problems and been to several of their B&M stores, so they are legit.

Each item also has a category, if you type that category into the search field it will pull up all items from that category in all stores
DVD = dvd
Xbox = Xbox games
PS2 = PS2 games
GBA = Game Boy Advance
TSX = Xbox 360
Cube = Nintendo Gamecube
PSX = Playstation one

If there is a semi-rare game or a new release (you can probably get it for about 1/2 price) you've been looking for, give it a shot, they might just have it in stock. If you come across any good deals while searching that you choose not to use yourself, post them in this thread.

Click here to find the phone number to any CDtradepost store

[quote name='zewone']Thanks, tagging this to remind myself to call tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
No problem, this is how I scored Rez for about $26 bucks shipped from the Hutchinson store about 6 months ago, I had to struggle to restrain my giddiness as I called them up :lol:

FYI, the online inventory isn't live, it's update once a day or so, so there is chance it may not still be there, but if they can't find it, they'll let you know. Also, they open at 10AM CST. For future reference, the code for xbox 360 merchandise category is "TSX" so if you type that into the search field it should pull up all the 360 games, systems, and accesories available in the stores.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Did any of ya'll snag it? If so I'll declare the deal dead.[/QUOTE]
I just got off the phone with them. Came out to $33.12 after shipping and taxes. Thanks again.

[quote name='zewone']I just got off the phone with them. Came out to $33.12 after shipping and taxes. Thanks again.[/QUOTE]
Cool, ok. Keep you eyes peeled over the next few weeks, I'm sure ya'll will see more trickling in (especially after Christmas) as CDtradepost usually offers much better credit and cash for used trade-ins than EB/gamestop and unless the game is rare they usually sell it for about 1/2 the MSRP.

Just putting in my 2 cents:

There are 4 CD Tradeposts within a 15-mile radius of me, and they're a great store. As far as quality goes, they have a magic buffing machine in the back room (A bench-buffer/sander w/a soft buffer attachment and wax), that they use to professionally buff out almost any/all minor scratches from any CD/DVD/Game, and it looks brand new when they're done with it. (the total opposite of the Game Dr. resurfacing, which makes it look worse than it started) It's actually amazing how simple it is to do that.

Everything they sell is in very good to excellent condition, complete with box and instructions. They don't buy junked copies the way EBStop does (and then wait for online suckers to order, so they can't say no). Since they usually have you wait on the phone to physically get the disc you want when ordering, you can ask them the exact condition of it before you even finish the transaction.

Highly recommended, and only $3 ($5 for larger orders) to ship. It's a very small chain store, the size of your average strip-mall single-room store, with only 1 employee usually there at a time.

Few decent Cube deals:
Star Wars: Jedi knight 2: Jedi Outcast for $20 at the Manhattan, KS store
Mystic Heroes for $8 at the Manhattan, KS store
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X for $21.99 at the Topeka, KS (Wanamaker) store
Resident Evil 2 for $35.99 at the Wichita, KS (Pawnee & Seneca) store
Resident Evil 3 for $25.99 at the Wichita, KS (Pawnee & Seneca) store

Also, type "criterion" in the search box and it will pull up all the criterion edition DVDs, the Emporia store has tons and all of them are sold for under $17. Some available are Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Time Bandits, Solaris, Rashomon, Seven Samurai, etc.

Click here to find a phone number to any CDtradepost store

Couple of Xbox 360 games in stock:
Perfect Dark Zero for $39.99 at the Emporia, KS store (they don't specify what edition, the price makes me think it might be the LE, call and ask)

Madden NFL 06 for $32.99 at the Topeka, KS (Wanamaker) store

considering how many people jumped at PGR3 I'm surprised no one is even replying to the thread, PDZ is only an ok deal, but that's a pretty good deal for Madden.

nice site. Gonna save this one. They have great prices on some new stuff but I already have most of what I want. Will look for upcoming games when they come out.

[quote name='zewone']PGR3 finally arrived. Now I know why it took so long. They sent it Media Mail. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
That's something I don't understand, I've done a little trading on the forums here, and when shipping one game priority or 1st class (I forget which) is actually slightly cheaper than media mail. Other than that, quality of the disc and such was good I assume?

[quote name='guardian_owl']That's something I don't understand, I've done a little trading on the forums here, and when shipping one game priority or 1st class (I forget which) is actually slightly cheaper than media mail. Other than that, quality of the disc and such was good I assume?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, mint condition. They put a sticker on the actual DVD box which was lame, but after a little elbow grease I got it off and the sticker residue.

Both PDZ are gone, but now there is a Collectors edition instock for the not so great price of $50 before tax or shipping.

On the plus side, there is a good deal on Condemned: Criminal Origins at the Wichita, KS (21st & Rock) store for $36 shipped before tax.

Take solace that it is buried in the midwest deals thread :) and that it doesn't seem to be catching on too well, I'll make recommendations in other threads, but hardly anyone ever follows through, maybe it has something to do with actually having to tele-order the old fashioned way, over the phone.

Guardian do you know a good place around I can pick up a TG Duo, a Philips CD-i or a 3DO? I already know about Gameco and fat chance finding it there. I'm looking local because I don't feel like getting fucked by eBay.

Nope, I don't really know any places that deal in that vintage of games in my area. Longshot may be an antique mall, they sometimes have some odd nostalgic items. The last time I was at the one downtown (probably 8 or 10 years ago) they had a seller selling a boatload of original Star Wars action figures and vehicles. Check garage sales, and maybe put in a want ad in the paper.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Nope, I don't really know any places that deal in that vintage of games in my area. Longshot may be an antique mall, they sometimes have some odd nostalgic items. The last time I was at the one downtown (probably 8 or 10 years ago) they had a seller selling a boatload of original Star Wars action figures and vehicles. Check garage sales, and maybe put in a want ad in the paper.[/QUOTE]

You know Japan has gotten bad about it too, at least in Akihabara. God what a joke. I never expected some of the Japanese to become scum sucking graphic whores. Sure I am to some extent but i can appreciate the old stuff. My dream old system collection will be: 3DO, Philips CD-i, Marty, Duo, PC-FX and an M2 with D2.

[quote name='Sarang01']You know Japan has gotten bad about it too, at least in Akihabara. God what a joke. I never expected some of the Japanese to become scum sucking graphic whores. Sure I am to some extent but i can appreciate the old stuff. My dream old system collection will be: 3DO, Philips CD-i, Marty, Duo, PC-FX and an M2 with D2.[/QUOTE]
Well it's just economics, in the past in Lawrence it was mostly independent or small chain used video game stores which were in Lawrence, at its height there were 3 small chains in Lawrence. Those did deal in vintage games. Then 2 of those 3 imploded as bigger chains like ebgames moved in on the area. They don't deal in the older stuff because there is little demand for the older stuff.

Might also check craiglist to see if there are any local sellers in your area.

Omaha, NE (84th & Giles) DVD CRITERION COLL: SILENCE OF THE LAMB $15.99

I believe this is out of print, so that's probably a pretty kick ass deal

Wichita, KS (Central & Ridge) DVD CRITERION COLL: MONTY PYTHON'S LIFE $15.99
That is also a new criterion that was added since I last checked

Bradenton, FL (Creekwood) TSX CALL OF DUTY 2 / GAME $32.99

Used Call of Duty 2 for Xbox 360 for about $32.99 before tax + $3 shipping from the Creekwood CDtradepost in Bradenton, FL.

Quite a few others Xbox 360 games in stock in a Topeka store, they might even be willing to give you a better shipping rate if you buy more than one:

Topeka, KS (Wanamaker) TSX DEAD OR ALIVE 4 / GAME $32.99
Topeka, KS (Wanamaker) TSX MADDEN NFL 06 / GAME $32.99
Topeka, KS (Wanamaker) TSX NEED FOR SPEED: MOST WANTED / GAME $32.99

[quote name='takingchase']when you call they dont get mad if you ask them to check what condition its in and everything do they?[/QUOTE]
Nope, they typically don't mind. Discs are usually in great shape as they have an excellent machine which does wonders to get out scratches in most CDtradeposts.

Well to those who are desperate to get some original Transformers on dvd since the sets are OOP, a Wichita store has Season 1, Volume 1 (ie one disc) for $7.99.
Wichita, KS (Central & Ridge) DVD TRANSFORMERS FIRST SEASON 1 / (RMST $7.99

Here is the disc description on half.com:
A collection of original episodes from the 1984 TRANSFORMERS animated series. Each one is digitally remastered and shown in chronological order. "More Than Meets The Eye Parts 1-3," "Transport To Oblivion," "Roll For It," and "Divide and Conquer" are the episodes included.

Also a few more $32.99 Xbox 360 games:
Bradenton, FL (Cortez Rd) TSX DEAD OR ALIVE 4 / GAME $32.99
Bradenton, FL (Creekwood) TSX CALL OF DUTY 2 / GAME $32.99
Bradenton, FL (Creekwood) TSX GUN / GAME $32.99

Well there is one used copy of Amped 3 available for $31.99 + tax and $3 shipping from a Wichita CDtradepost

Wichita, KS (Pawnee & Seneca) TSX AMPED 3 / GAME $31.99

bread's done
Back