J-McDonald's Filet-O-Shrimp!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There is a sad story behind this photo.
I noticed the date on the banner (11/24) and just ASSumed that was when the sandwich was being launched. Imagine my disappointment when I showed up on the 25th and was unable to sample its shrimpy-goodness.
Maybe thats a good thing.
Feel free to check out the official website: www.ebipuri.com

filetoshrimp.jpg

Until I saw the whole picture, I thought it was a vending machine...

Anyways, I like how they put "ebi" at the beginning, so that it's "Shrimp Filet of!". That being said, that poster shows just how different American and Japanese advertising is. Just so much more stylish and "new". Thinking about it, were this advertisement American, it would probably be the model holding the sandwich with small text somewhere. More emphasis on the airbrusing of the model, less on any sort of formatting or logo or design work.

Just my 2 cents.

I would have thought it would be more expensive. Unless shrimp is super cheap and grows on trees out there?
Or maybe its just super small? - and that's actually a midget modelling the burger?

[quote name='capitalist_mao']Until I saw the whole picture, I thought it was a vending machine...

Anyways, I like how they put "ebi" at the beginning, so that it's "Shrimp Filet of!". That being said, that poster shows just how different American and Japanese advertising is. Just so much more stylish and "new". Thinking about it, were this advertisement American, it would probably be the model holding the sandwich with small text somewhere. More emphasis on the airbrusing of the model, less on any sort of formatting or logo or design work.

Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

To be honest I doubt the an ad for same thing (though no one would eat it here) would even include a model.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']it looks like something is tryin to get out of the sandwich, though the girl looks nice ;)[/QUOTE]

The girl does indeed look nice... :)

For some reason, this thread reminds me of The Critic and the bit about Forrest Gump 2, Gump Harder:

Bill Clinton: "Did you say shrimp? I love shrimp. shrimp cocktail, shrimp scampi, shrimp puffs, shrimp kabob, peanut butter and shrimp sandwiches, shrimp milkshakes, shrimp wine, Count Shrimpula cereal, and blueberry pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a l'il brown sugar, and some shrimp."

Edit: Sound clip can be found here: http://www.leenite.org/thecritic/wavs/parodies/fgump2.wav

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']To be honest I doubt the an ad for same thing (though no one would eat it here) would even include a model.[/QUOTE]

McD's current line of ads are trying to appeal to specific groups of people, rather than trying to promote their food. Showing people in every day situations eating or drinking McD's food.

They actually serve this Prawn Burger at McDonald's locations in Malaysia. It's quite good. That pic is obviously altered to show it's made of shrimp as the burger doesn't have whole shrimp in it, but it's still really good either way.

[quote name='salmonaxxx']LOL, how do you fillet something that has no bones? Looks delicious anyway...[/QUOTE]

Pull the tail off?

Cheapy, how about telling us more about different kinds of food over there? I can't be the only person here interested in stuff like that.

The model is smiling in the picture because she doesn't have to eat it. Notice no bites have been taken from the sammich.

[quote name='CheapyD']There is a sad story behind this photo.
I noticed the date on the banner (11/24) and just ASSumed that was when the sandwich was being launched. Imagine my disappointment when I showed up on the 25th and was unable to sample its shrimpy-goodness.
Maybe thats a good thing.
Feel free to check out the official website: www.ebipuri.com

filetoshrimp.jpg
[/QUOTE]

McDonalds is advertising for Kingdom hearts!

kheartsost.jpg

id eat it..i mean, its a welcome change from red meat...plus the model is pretty damn cute...
asian women > american women (personal preference :p)
my friend said the wasabi sauce was amazing..have u tried it cheapy?

[quote name='greydemise']id eat it..i mean, its a welcome change from red meat...plus the model is pretty damn cute...
asian women > american women (personal preference :p)
my friend said the wasabi sauce was amazing..have u tried it cheapy?[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiousity, how does your mathematical thoery of women account for asian american women?

[quote name='gregthomas77']Just out of curiousity, how does your mathematical thoery of women account for asian american women?[/QUOTE]

I asume from that, that any person of asian decent or with the ethic asain look counts. Damn Cheapy I wanted to know how the ebi burger was. Oh well their is next year.

[quote name='capitalist_mao']Until I saw the whole picture, I thought it was a vending machine...

Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

Good analysis, and very true.

I don't think it's a gross sandwich at all. If I can go to a Sushi resaturant and eat the food, who is to say the "hamburger" must be a patty of beef? It can be whatever the culture wants when you think about it. It all goes down the same

bread's done
Back