Looking for a cheap wireless router

PsyClerk

CAGiversary!
802.11b or 802.11g, either is fine. I'm only wanting the wireless part to use with my Palm. I'll need four wired ports as well. My current router likes to reset when I'm doing any significant downloading (speed hits 400kbps and boom, it goes out for a minute). Best price I'm seeing is about $40 shipped. Looking mainly for an online deal, as all the Targets, CCs, BBs, etc are about an hour's drive from my house.

[quote name='yellowaznboy'][quote name='ajh2298']What would I have to add to this router for my XBOX and PS2 to go wireless?[/quote]

Linksys WGA11B Wireless-B Game Adapter: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...97087-8888848?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

$60.94 shipped. Works for X-Box, PS2, and GameCube.[/quote]

Would I have to but 1 for each my PS2 and XBOX or would one for both do the job? And then what would I need for my PC which would be like 2 feet from the router?

You'd need two game adapters, so you might want to go with spidey's suggestions.

As for your computer, have the router plugged directly into the cable modem with a cable.

I'm not very good with wireless (or even wired) networking...

[quote name='ajh2298'][quote name='yellowaznboy'][quote name='ajh2298']What would I have to add to this router for my XBOX and PS2 to go wireless?[/quote]

Linksys WGA11B Wireless-B Game Adapter: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...97087-8888848?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

$60.94 shipped. Works for X-Box, PS2, and GameCube.[/quote]

Would I have to but 1 for each my PS2 and XBOX or would one for both do the job? And then what would I need for my PC which would be like 2 feet from the router?[/quote]

You need one for each console.

Modem + Crossover cable to Router.

Router + Straight Cable to PC.

Wireless adapter + straight cable to Gaming Console.

[quote name='yellowaznboy']What is the difference between crossover cable and "straight" cable?[/quote]

A crossover is what you use for connecting two PCs or xboxs directly. The straight cable is when you would use a router to connect 2 or more.

Actually it's straight cable between router and modem. Unless you're using some weird modem/router I've never heard of.

[quote name='PsyClerk']Actually it's straight cable between router and modem. Unless you're using some weird modem/router I've never heard of.[/quote]

Most routers comes with uplink ports which are also crossed so modem to router would be straight.

Without an uplink port or auto MDI/MDI-X, you will need a crossover cable.

bread's done
Back