Nintendogs Trainer?

cochesecochese

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
So today I was at best buy and they're selling some sort of Nintendogs Trainer cartridge that apparently unlocks everything in the game. Has anyone seen/heard of this thing?

Basically, I need to know if it unlocks all the content on a cart, not just the version specific stuff. I goddamn NEED to have all three karts. It'd be nice if I could save myself $40 just to put my compulsiveness to rest.

That is really odd. It's the first I've ever heard of this and I though all the publication sites would've at least mentioned it.

Are you sure this wasn't the "Holiday Edition" cartrdige?

$40 for a trainer sounds really steep

i havent heard of it, but i actually seen it at bestbuy(forgot the price, believe its $11.99?)
but yea i think its like thhose gameshark discs that they sell for the consoles that have some game cheats on them, not worth it IMO

Some info I found here

DOGTRAINER_Article_blue.jpg
DOGTRAINER_Article_mario-bg.jpg

:lol: It also comes with Super Mario 64 DS data cheats

I might pick this thing up. I just hope it doesn't damage the official cartridges in any way. I never even knew this technoglogy was possible for DS games

[quote name='Requiem']
I might pick this thing up. I just hope it doesn't damage the official cartridges in any way. I never even knew this technoglogy was possible for DS games[/QUOTE]

Good point. I'll make sure to test it out on my roommate's DS games first.

Don't pick it up.

Just get an Action Replay Max for GBA/DS.

Made by the EXACT same company: Datel.

The Action Replay Max allows you to download saves and there is a save file up already that has everything unlocked.

Plus you can use it for other games. ;)

EDIT - I know this because I own one. Setup is a little tricky, but once it's done it's done (I recommend upgrading the firmware on it as well if you pick one up).

Ouch, either way ($20 for one game, or $35 for all games) this is kinda steep. Although the temptation to get it is big for me. I'd like Nintendogs to be a relaxing game rather than a "I have to unlock everything" game.

[quote name='daroga']Ouch, either way ($20 for one game, or $35 for all games) this is kinda steep. Although the temptation to get it is big for me. I'd like Nintendogs to be a relaxing game rather than a "I have to unlock everything" game.[/QUOTE]

I'd be worried that my incentive to continue playing would be greatly diminished... having more stuff to unlock has kept me playing pretty much every day since the release week.

Still it would be nice to get the Bowser kart and unlock the Jack Russell Terrier breed...

Well, the whole reason I stopped playing is because I KNEW that without buying additional games I couldn't unlock everything. It's the reason I stopped halfway through WindWaker and didn't pick it back up again until the SP came out. For one stupid virtual figurine. Yes, I know I have SEVERE issues but that's not what we're debating here.

When I'm down in the BestBuy area I'm going to pick this thing up and begin playing with my pups again.

I definitely wouldn't pick that up. The whole point of the game is to unlock stuff as a reward for playing. What's the incentive to keep playing if you already have everything?

To each their own.

[quote name='Quigoni']
EDIT - I know this because I own one. Setup is a little tricky, but once it's done it's done (I recommend upgrading the firmware on it as well if you pick one up).[/QUOTE]

Quigoni... does the DS one let you use codes for the DS or just saves? With the information I found about it before, it seemed like just saves... which kind of turned me off of it before, but now I don't know... can you share any more about it with me? Like some of the saves available and what they let you do? Not just for Nintendogs, but all the DS games...

I also recall reading you can store your own saves on it, so you can keep more than one save of a game... is that right? Would that enable you to have more than one town in Animal Crossing?

Ash

[quote name='PleasantOne']Quigoni... does the DS one let you use codes for the DS or just saves? With the information I found about it before, it seemed like just saves... which kind of turned me off of it before, but now I don't know... can you share any more about it with me? Like some of the saves available and what they let you do? Not just for Nintendogs, but all the DS games...

I also recall reading you can store your own saves on it, so you can keep more than one save of a game... is that right? Would that enable you to have more than one town in Animal Crossing?

Ash[/QUOTE]

For GBA games you can use codes, for the DS it's just saves. There are many games available in the database, however there isn't a save for every game.

You can store your own saves. I've just tried both Animal Crossing and Best Friends edition and neither were recognized by the device oddly enough.

Not sure if the Dog Trainer will recognize the Best Friends edition, but keep in mind that the Dog Trainer is a GBA cart. The Action Replay Max is a device that fits in the GBA slot, but you can update the firmware. ;)

Where do you get saves for the action replay? Or the firmware for that matter. Datel's site wasn't real inviting or easy to navigate.

Codejunkies.com

Though the software it comes with accesses a database that you can only see by using said software.

Hrm, I was there the other day... there's no DS saves on it that I've seen. Or are those things you can only get at with the software?

bread's done
Back