TRU $7.99 PS2 deals 6/20

ukhoops

CAGiversary!
YMMV on this one. Just got back from TRU and they had some good deals going:

Still have the unadvertised sale of buy 1 get 1 free on red stickered clearance games and Roadkill for GC for $4.98

Other deal on PS2 games:

PS2 games in a flexible clear plasitc caes(not the hard plastic/acrylic snap close cases) are all $7.99 (they say 9.99-19.99 on the price tag)
They had:
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - $7.99
Crazy Taxi - $7.99
Stretch Panic - $7.99
Sled Storm - $7.99

Just check any game not in the hard plastic snap-close cases, they should be 7.99!

If you find any other $7.99 games @ TRU, post them here!

don't you hate it when you're a newb and you have to learn all of these acronyms for stores and so on?

Sorry should have put it in all caps. If you see an acronym and its underlined in caps, just put your mouse pointer on it and it should tell you what the acronym stands for. My bad for not doing it in the original post. It's fixed now though.

I just got Dark Cloud for $7.99. The sale ends on the 24th of this month. They also had Ready 2 Rumble Round 2, Parappa the Rapper 2 and a bunch of others for PS2, and some XBOX games.

Don't forget to also check and see if these qualify for the BOGO offer they are running. I got 1 GC and 1 PS2 earlier today and it didn't work. If anyone buys 2 PS2 games, let me know if they are good for the BOGO.

I saw Onimusha 2, Ecco the Dolphin and Headhunter all for PS2. All scanned $7.99 but no luck on BOGO deal...

[quote name='yokomoko']I just got Dark Cloud for $7.99. The sale ends on the 24th of this month. They also had Ready 2 Rumble Round 2, Parappa the Rapper 2 and a bunch of others for PS2, and some XBOX games.[/quote]

Whoa...it ends on the 24th?
I thought it was the end of July?

Went to other TRU across town and they had a much bigger selection. Still no good on the BOGO but they had some better games:

King of Route 66
Baldurs Gate : Dark Alliance
Nascar : Dirt to Daytona
Parappa the Rapper 2
Sled Storm
Club world EJAY
Orphen
Reel Fishing 3

These are a few of the highlights. MY TRU had about 30-40 different titles to choose from and I didn't have a pen to write em all down. Happy Hunting to all!

Just grabbed a copy of parappa 2 from my toys r us. Sadly virtua fighter was still $19.99.
Harvest Moon was also in the $7.99 section.

Thanks a lot for posting these deals ukhoops, I've been wanting to pick up parappa 2 for awhile now.

Which Virtua Fighter did you try to get? I think the regular one(blue cover) is still 19.99. I got VF 4 Evolution (white cover) for 7.99

Picked up Headhunter tonight. I've been waiting for a while to get this game.

Thanks for the deal ukhoops!

[quote name='ukhoops']Which Virtua Fighter did you try to get? I think the regular one(blue cover) is still 19.99. I got VF 4 Evolution (white cover) for 7.99[/quote]

I tried to get VF4:Evo. It was the greatest hits version though, so I don't know if that makes a difference. I got one of the employees to scan it just incase but it still came up as $19.99. That's ok though, $19.99 is still a damn good price for one of the best (and deepest) fighting games on the market right now.

Another trick to tell if you'll get it for 7.99, there should be another bar code sticker over the actual barcode on the game itself. If your game has this new barcode(which is apparently a generic PS2 barcode) you should get it for 7.99
Good find on GT3, I haven't seen it yet at the 2 TRU's ive been to.

Yeah -- these deals are very weird -- sometimes, you'll see the same game outside in the BOGO bins as you will inside the R Zone. I picked up Escape from Monkey Island and Sly Cooper for $8 each, but Sly could also be found in the R Zone for $20. The pricing depends on the SKU. The Sly I picked up was the old $50 version with the old cover. Since companies are constantly restocking and SKU numbers change occasionally, I guess the same item goes into clearance even though the item they restock it with is essentially the SAME item -- strange.

front page listings are used mainly for online deals where CheapyD has affiliate progeams set up with. This has been posted twice before, once by myself (which was mocked sarcasticly by fwacce exactly as he/she mocked the initial posting here) and part of a BOGO TRU thread as well. If this posting helped anybody (which it seems to have) then a job well done to you!

Damn right this was a helpful post.

I didn't even know TRU had a BOGO sale until I read this post, so this topic saved you two ways!

By the way I think the BOGO sale is dead at TRU because nobody there knew what I was talking about.

This should be up front for as long as the sale is good for.

[quote name='nattensmadrigal']

I tried to get VF4:Evo. It was the greatest hits version though, so I don't know if that makes a difference. I got one of the employees to scan it just incase but it still came up as $19.99. That's ok though, $19.99 is still a damn good price for one of the best (and deepest) fighting games on the market right now.[/quote]

VF: Evo only came out in GH packaging. BTW...if it comes up $19.99, try it for the BOGO deal cause at my TRU, it was ringing up at $20, but I got it with Clock Tower 3 for BOGO.

Can somebody pick up a copy of Harvest Moon PS2 for me? My TRU didn't have it, and I have Dreamcast and Xbox games for trade. Please PM me if you can do this...

[quote name='nattensmadrigal'][quote name='ukhoops']Which Virtua Fighter did you try to get? I think the regular one(blue cover) is still 19.99. I got VF 4 Evolution (white cover) for 7.99[/quote]

I tried to get VF4:Evo. It was the greatest hits version though, so I don't know if that makes a difference. I got one of the employees to scan it just incase but it still came up as $19.99. That's ok though, $19.99 is still a damn good price for one of the best (and deepest) fighting games on the market right now.[/quote]

Yeah it was still $19.99 here and there was ONE copy of "Harvest Moon" on Saturday. I passed on it at the time and someone got ahold of it( X-( ) however there were THREE copies of "Silpheed" left so I grabbed one of those.
In terms of the expiration date only ONE of TRU around here has it for the sale. The other TRU's are basically running it until all the items are gone.

The BOGO sale is still going on at my local TRU, but the only games of note were Amplitude & Frequency. If you didn't have either, you could get the pair for $30.

The $7.99 display was picked pretty clean, unfortunately.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Sooooooo, is today the last day of the $7.99 sale on value games?[/quote]

Not sure :roll:

It appears some TRU are ending the sale today, while others act like they are going to keep it going until they move all the product out. My TRU doesn't have any signs up saying it stops today.

The TRU in Richmond's West End pulled all of the Dreamcast games out of storage for the BOGO -- they pulled them from the shelves 3 months ago when all the stores were doing DC clearances. I had asked if they had any last month, and they said "no." Well, these are the same damn titles in the same damn quantities they had when they were on the shelf...

They are in the BOGO, but the old prices are all they have, think $19.99 for Quake 3 and Ooga Booga, and $9.98 for Typing of the Dead, others included Soul Fighter, Space Channel 5, and a couple of others -- really not at all special IMHO.

As far as the PS2 and XBox games, nothing really all that special - lots of Mark of Kri in the BOGO, and the $7.99 titles were really picked over - no VF4E, no Hitman, no Onimusha. A copy of two of Metropolisomania, Crazy Taxi, TimeSplitters 1, Mad Maestro, Stretch Panic, ATV something or other, and other stuff I could not get too excited about.

bread's done
Back