Hot Mario Bros. Ad campaign starts in Japan - They don't look so hot to me...

you gotta remember what we think is "cool" or "will sell a product" here is the states is very different there is in asia. So keep that in mind

I don't care, I think that's fucking great stuff. They need a mock Mario and Luigi here(I think Cap'n Lou and....other guy) are too old for it, but I'm sure there's someone who could pull it off.

I take back my first statement the wi-fi ads were hella funny, with the french guy, and the italian guy, funny stuff

The noses look like prosthetics, although I can't see the line of distinction where it is applied.

So either they were expertly put on, or those two guys have huge honkers in real life.

[quote name='Krymner']Hot Mario Bros. indeed.

I think they should air the commercial here in the US, without any translations.[/QUOTE]

Totally - I think that would be a genius move - I would guess that it's not going to happen but I can't believe that they haven't thought of this already - and it would save them some dough on advertising production costs.

[quote name='Strell']For some reason, the first thing I thought of was:

OH NO, BEAR IS DRIVING CAR, HOW CAN THAT BE[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='Strell']For some reason, the first thing I thought of was:

OH NO, BEAR IS DRIVING CAR, HOW CAN THAT BE[/QUOTE]

car full of midgets!

[quote name='Requiem']The noses look like prosthetics, although I can't see the line of distinction where it is applied.

So either they were expertly put on, or those two guys have huge honkers in real life.[/QUOTE]

That's the first thing I noticed too. I guess they think all Europeans have large noses.

[quote name='Strell']Shiggity Shiggity Shwa[/QUOTE]

:applause: Not near enough Group Aycks love around here. Just last night, I made Cereal Bawks my outgoing voicemail message.

And also, the last picture suggests to me that they should switch the actors for the roles, as the "Mario" guy seems to have a much more gaunt face that would better suit Luigi.

[quote name='Strell']I beleive my new avatar says it all.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: My favorite part was when the "American guy says" "Oh no, come on!" while sitting in that greasy diner eating a hamburger and some fries.
fucking genius.

Salmon:

It appears they are flash movies, so go download this IE plugin: http://www.browsertools.net/downloads.html

Then you can click on the icon it makes in the toolbar at the top (looks like a film canister/blue disk), choose SWF Options -> From this site, and then save each file in there. If you save them to your computer - click on the file name at the top, then "Save As.." at the bottom. Then you can just use IE to play them on your computer locally.

I'm sure there's an equivalent for Firefox if someone is using that.

Edit: Looks like this works with Mozilla as well!

Reality's Fringe said:
Man, three marios. I should change mine to "pained expression Luigi".

No! We should get a fourth to be Luigi, and then another to be normally-dressed Mario, and THEN we should make a custom mushroom "Hot Mario Bros" icon.

We'll live like kings! Damn hell ass kings!

[quote name='Strell']No! We should get a fourth to be Luigi, and then another to be normally-dressed Mario, and THEN we should make a custom mushroom "Hot Mario Bros" icon!

We'll live like kings! Damn hell as kings![/QUOTE]

I agree. Any takers? Hot Mario needs more respect Gah'damnit!

mario-jeremy.jpg

:hot: now that's hawt :hot:

also, someone give me a pic and ill be luigi

[quote name='Krymner']Hot Mario Bros. indeed.

I think they should air the commercial here in the US, without any translations.[/QUOTE]

Thats brilliant in my opinion. It would have that WTF factor and get the attention. The game speaks for itself.

[quote name='Strell']No! We should get a fourth to be Luigi, and then another to be normally-dressed Mario, and THEN we should make a custom mushroom "Hot Mario Bros" icon.

We'll live like kings! Damn hell ass kings![/QUOTE]
now that my flash started working again, i got luigi

Useless fact #4329043290:

The two Japanese guys playing Mario and Luigi in the commercial are none other than Ninety Nine...a famous comedy duo. They've done several comedy shows such as Mecha Mecha Iketeru.

Someone go into the third movie and take a capture of when they are looking down at their DSes. That might be the best chance for getting a Mario (he never looks directly at the camera except for the ones we've already taken).

You *could* take it from the very beginning (when their heads...bounce around) but that wouldn't be as good imo.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']If someone wants to get me a Mario, I'll gladly use it as my icon, but I don't know how to do any of that flash-capture business.[/QUOTE]

I just used the Prnt Screen button to get a screen capture at the right moment and I opened up Gimp (or to rich people, Photoshop).

bread's done
Back