GameSpotting Article with Defender's Theory

[quote name='evilmax17']http://www.gamespot.com/features/6100961/p-2.html

Pretty much what Defender was talking about.[/quote]

His theory that ginger ale is really just Coke and Sprite mixed?

This is not a new issue. It's been around in music and movies for a long time now, and games as well but people don't recall those days apparently.

It's just a more competitive market, and until companies start to scale down to quality over quantity like Square Enix and Tecmo, some companies will die but probably most will be able to stick it out.

I don't think it's dangerous because the winners will be winners and well the losers will be losers just like it's always been.

I also had a lot of bargain bin games on the SNES while it was still strong before any CD based system had come out if they didn't sell. Maybe people have forgotten how cheap some games got that stunk up the market 10 years ago or even further back in the NES days.

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']One thing is for sure: it will be interesting to see how all of this shakes out.[/quote]

interesting like a fox

I just read it and was just about to post this....

I wonder if Jeff Gerstmann is a CAGer. It wouldn't suprrise me if he frequents here regularly.

[quote name='opportunity777']It's just a more competitive market, and until companies start to scale down to quality over quantity like Square Enix and Tecmo,[/quote]

ROTFL :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I just read it and was just about to post this....

I wonder if Jeff Gerstmann is a CAGer. It wouldn't suprrise me if he frequents here regularly.[/quote]

one of them wrote an article for gamespoting and plugged CAG

[quote name='jmcc']His theory that ginger ale is really just Coke and Sprite mixed?[/quote]

It may not be intended to be, but on several occassions I received Coke/Sprite or Tonic Water/Coke instead of ginger ale when I ordered it at restraunts.

[quote name='elprincipe'][quote name='opportunity777']It's just a more competitive market, and until companies start to scale down to quality over quantity like Square Enix and Tecmo,[/quote]

ROTFL :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

AGREED'D

Well, not 100%, but yeah, not the examples I would use.

I've had the chance to read Defender's and the above theory, but never read either of them through, so I don't know what it all comes out to. If this does happen, this "crash", or whatever you wanna call it, what will happen? Will gaming go under, or will games just become cheaper (*fingers crossed*)?

Sega had to do something to try to get people to buy their sports games. They have sold so few compared to EA, I think they're gambling that at $20, they might sell quite a bit more, and end up exceeding their take when they sell very few copies at $50. I know I for one am approximately 2.5 times as likely to purchase a new game at $20 as I am at $50. This way, they're also cutting into the used game market, which of course they get no cut of, because people who under normal circumstances would buy it used to save some scratch perhaps would not be as compelled to do so at $20. I think it's a smart move in a competitive (and healthy) marketplace. Rumors of its demise have been greatly exaggerated.

It wouldnt be the first time that something I said was put into an article.

Personally I want to start a class action suit against developers and distributors for price fixing and unfair business practices. These assholes sell me a game for $42 one week and then they change price to $17 without any warning or price protection. Basically making any in-stock items worthless. They price drop whenever they feel like it too. I am sure that places like BB and walmart get deals while most smaller stores get the shaft. I have lost a ton of money in recent years and I am fed up along with some other retailers. It may be time for action.

[quote name='XboxMaster']I've had the chance to read Defender's and the above theory, but never read either of them through, so I don't know what it all comes out to. If this does happen, this "crash", or whatever you wanna call it, what will happen? Will gaming go under, or will games just become cheaper (*fingers crossed*)?[/quote]

Remember that you get what you pay for. If games do get cheaper..most likely so will the quality.

bread's done
Back