[BACK]PO Time Crisis 3 w/ Guncon 2 @ EBGames.com

I remember when I got mine a while back, they sent me a copy that was essentially new. The game was even in the shrinkwrap. I'd highly suggest getting in on this deal.

[quote name='BigHow']I remember when I got mine a while back, they sent me a copy that was essentially new. The game was even in the shrinkwrap. I'd highly suggest getting in on this deal.[/quote]

I got a NEW one as well. It was awesome.

Can you trade in just a GunCon by itself? I want this game but I never see a used copy without the GunCon.

I do not have an HDTV, but it is my understanding that it will work with an HDTV, provided that the TV is CRT-based (either a straight CRT, or a CRT rear projection). I have a 51 inch, non-HD, CRT-based, rear projection TV, and it works with GunCon2. I have read posts from people stating that the GunCon2 works with HDTV.

http://www.agoraquest.com/viewtopic.php?topic=8149&forum=44

to summarize:
Hey guys... I've found a way to make the GUNCON2 work with 100hz TV's.

So far I've only be able to confirm Time Crisis 2 and Time Crisis 3.

When on the Calibration screen. Point the GUNCON2 away from the screen. Hold trigger and press the SELECT button (it's on the Left hand side of the gun, nearest the muzzle). This will put the calibration into 100hz mode and a little 100Hz message will appear on-screen to confirm this.

It's then possible to calibrate as normal.

I've done this with my Sony KX32FQ70U 100hz digital scan TV and it works perfectly!

i'm curious if i could get it to work on my mitsubishi ws-55511 rear projection tv...i'd be real interested in purchasing one if it actually could be confirmed that it works

[quote name='BigHow']I remember when I got mine a while back, they sent me a copy that was essentially new. The game was even in the shrinkwrap. I'd highly suggest getting in on this deal.[/quote]

How badly does EB have to fudge things up to send out new copies on orders for used versions. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great -but how the hell does this happen? :?

[quote name='RisingZan'][quote name='BigHow']I remember when I got mine a while back, they sent me a copy that was essentially new. The game was even in the shrinkwrap. I'd highly suggest getting in on this deal.[/quote]

How badly does EB have to fudge things up to send out new copies on orders for used versions. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great -but how the hell does this happen? :?[/quote]

Well I for one did not get a new one. At least none of the product was shrink wrapped but everything looked new. One thing I am happy about is the shipping. I ordered it on Monday and it's already here (Wed.)! Same thing with the logitech wireless controller. Very happy about that! :D

[quote name='hutno']which is better TC 2 or 3?[/quote]

For one person, I like 3 better. For two people, I like 2 better. Mainly because 2 features a "double gun" mode so that two people can play on one screen. If you've got a smaller TV, the split screen becomes very annoying for two people and that's the only way to do two people in 3.

I ordered TC 2 & 3... been wanting them for a while. Vampire Night was fun, but got old pretty fast... still fun though. To anyone considering it, stay away from Ninja Assault... that game is a joke. The TC series has always been the best in my opinion. There's a new one coming out soon which allows you to use two guns in single player mode, which would be really cool... just not sure how they'll implement the duck/cover stuff.

BTW, if you're having problems using the 25% code (for using it too many times already), clear cookies and use a different email address... worked for me. Clearing cookies may be all you need to do... didn't waste much time trying to figure it out.

[quote name='MeGaWC27']For those looking for a cheap brand new Time Crisis 3 w/ Guncon,
I found this while looking through amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...00009XS6L/all/ref=dp_pb_a/002-9860960-2244056

Scroll down till you see the seller: kidzplay_video_games
He's selling it for $40.99, was $39.99 yesterday...
Anyway... I don't know how much the s/h will cost or if he's dependable but just posting for those who are searching for this.[/quote]

that is tempting..for about 10 bucks more than the used copy you can get it brand new with everything guaranteed to be sealed :p

btw, for shipping rates, there's a button in every item saying "see shipping rates"

for vgames it is 3.49 for 4-14 day shipping and 5.49 for expedited

If you like light gun games get NINJA ASSULT, its fun i mean its not as deep as TC3 Or even Vampirenight but its a lightgun game, I love it, but i did only get it for 5 dollars!

yea i kno about the button but I felt lazy and didn't wanna check it :D

I would've tried this if I hadn't bought the used one from eb already which is why I posted it here for other CAGers

[quote name='california1967']If you like light gun games get NINJA ASSULT, its fun i mean its not as deep as TC3 Or even Vampirenight but its a lightgun game, I love it, but i did only get it for 5 dollars![/quote]

I would... but the game itself is pretty expensive isn't it? I mean if it was for 5bucks then I would get it like that but if i was paying for $20 or more for a game I think I'll want to know that I'll really like the game before buying (Cheap Ass Gamer :p )

I've been hearing that most of these light gun games are pretty short. With the functions and the graphics, I don't blame the game for being short, and most of the players are probably buying these games just to shoot something (well I am anyway :twisted: ) so we probably won't care about the length of the game unless its like 1 short stage then its over...

I mentioned it in a different thread but I'll mention it again here:

If you have a Hastings store near you they are selling the TC3 + guncon2 combo for $39.99 new, and if is not in stock you can special order it which takes about 2 weeks.

Hastings Store Locator

Today I also picked up a used Vampire Night with guncon2 for $30 from there since I had some extra store credit and I kept missing the EBgames deal.

haha got mine today, after I ordered it on wed I believe :D
TC3 the game was wrapped in shrink-wrap, the gun and wires were in bags like they were never used before. The gun works fine, I'm so happy I got one like this. ty for the offer daphatty :mrgreen:

I ordered one a few months ago and everything came sealed expect the outer box, nothing was touched, i was very pleased

[quote name='guardian_owl']I mentioned it in a different thread but I'll mention it again here:

If you have a Hastings store near you they are selling the TC3 + guncon2 combo for $39.99 new, and if is not in stock you can special order it which takes about 2 weeks.

Hastings Store Locator

Today I also picked up a used Vampire Night with guncon2 for $30 from there since I had some extra store credit and I kept missing the EBgames deal.[/quote]

i just wanted to say "thank you big time" for posting this again..i had seen the hastings thread, looked at the cities and got annoyed that i didn't have one nearby

today, i looked a little closer after i saw your post and coupled with the fact that i have been in the market for a guncon, i went ahead and drove 1/2 hour to my "nearest" location..

they held tc 3 for me..i got it with the 3 game trade in..what an awesome deal

btw, the hastings offer has been extended till august 7th...might have to do a bump on the hastings thread with this mentioned.

one more thing for the people wondering about Guncon 2 and HDTV

i have a mits 55511 hdtv..the guncon works flawlessly WITHOUT the adapter that namco tells you to buy...again this is on a MITS CRT based RPTV....i have no idea about other makes/models.

How can I get the GunCon2 to work on a s-video setup without losing the s-video's quality? All I ever see is a composite video hook-up on the gun.

dunno... but on the back of the TC3 box it says:
"If using S-Video cable: You need AV adaptor SCPH-10130U"
If you knew this already, I'm sorry for stating the obvious

When i first got my Time Crisis 3 w/ guncon 2 back in january in a trade the guy sent me the Av adaptor Schph-10130U and I always wondered why mine didnt look like my buddies (the bananna looking connector) but i realized that its the adaptor for S-video. I actually would never have even bothered to look unless hollowfreak asked...

Mine...

image.jpg

Ordered Time Crisis 3 yesterday. I chose Eb super saver shipping or something, the cheapest shipping and today I got an e-mail saying it was shipped today. The best part is that they gave me a three day shipping!!!! It should of been "5-10 business days". I wonder if they're being nice to TC 3 buyers or something. Anyway, I'll update on the condition of the stuff when it comes, thanks OP!!

I didn't even choose the free shipping b/c I save more by using the 25% off code and just paying a measly 2 bucks for s/h. But anyway... yeah they sent it to me within 3 days also, so I'm happy :D

Does anyone know of a website that has a convenient list of all gun games for PS2/PS1? I'm strongly considering getting two guns, but I just want to make sure there are enough games to justify it.

I got guns for Dreamcast a while ago... and while I had a blast, I was a bit bummed to find only FOUR gun games for the system -- House of the Dead 2, Death Crimson, Confidential Mission, and Virtua Cop 2 (from Sega Smash Pack). If anyone knows of any more, please let me know! But anyway, I'd imagine there are significantly more games for Playstation, especially when you include PS1 games. But I just want to make sure. Any type of list would be extremely helpful!

all US ps2 guncon games:

time crisis 2
time crisis 3
endagme
ninja assault
vampire night
dinostalker
re:dead aim
starsky and hutch

guncon 2 will not work on ps1 gun games

[quote name='punqsux']all US ps2 guncon games:

time crisis 2
time crisis 3
endagme
ninja assault
vampire night
dinostalker
re:dead aim
starsky and hutch

guncon 2 will not work on ps1 gun games[/quote]
Thanks for the heads up! Hmm, sucks about the backward incompatibility. And I assume the GunCon 1 won't work with PS2 games, right? Are there any other guns that will work on both systems?

ok guns on playstation are a fussy bunch. the guncon will only work on guncon games (i believe there were only 5 or 6 for ps) however there are many light gun games that came out prior to the guncon being around (area 51, maximum force) and those need a ps1 light gun (which is fairly hard to come by)

before you buy anything ps1 gun related do your homework. because if you dont you might end up playing it with a controller ^^

How are the condition of the Guncon for those of you that ordered a PO one and have already received it??

I have a quick question. I got a PO guncon 2 w/ Ninja assult and RE dead aim. When I use the Guncon on the calibration screen (either game), the cross hairs seem to be jumpy. They are always moving a little even if I am sitting still. Is this normal? If not, this is something to look out for when ordering PO. In case it matters, I have a regular 36" TV.

bread's done
Back