Cheap anime boxsets

[quote name='Rihan']Bootlegs!!!!!!!!!!!! For The Love Of God, Stop Buying Bootlegs!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
What he said. Do NOT buy these! I mean, Jesus H. Christ, they don't look anything like the official releases. How could you be so stupid?!

Lol, had no idea, I've never really bought any boxsets of anime,always thought they were too steep in price. Thanks for the heads up though. Sorry.

anime is the one thing that I dont have a problem buying bootlegs of, I know alot of people complain about this but when I go to conventions and I can find a seller who has burned anime dvds in a case with a copied cover for $5-10 a dvd, I going to buy that instead of spending $15-25 on the original.

But if you're just gonna get burned disks, you might as well use an online Rental service (like BB/Netflix/Rentanime) then burn them yourself.

[quote name='Bezerker']But if you're just gonna get burned disks, you might as well use an online Rental service (like BB/Netflix/Rentanime) then burn them yourself.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Bootlegging things yourself is one thing, but the problem begins when you start lining the pockets of those that are out to make a quick buck off of other peoples' hard work.

So the boxart was the giveaway? Lol, glad I found this out or the family would've been getting burned dvds for Christmas... I'm not an anime fan myself so I wouldn't have even known. Guess you just have to watch out on ebay. :whistle2:(

Darn, I thought this would be a convenient alternative to my other thread. I would like to see some actual cheap boxsets, though, if anyone knows any.

[quote name='battleroyal33']anime is the one thing that I dont have a problem buying bootlegs of, I know alot of people complain about this but when I go to conventions and I can find a seller who has burned anime dvds in a case with a copied cover for $5-10 a dvd, I going to buy that instead of spending $15-25 on the original.[/QUOTE]

If you wait for the box sets, it frequently works out to less than $10 (and sometimes less than $5) per DVD.

[quote name='eldad9']If you wait for the box sets, it frequently works out to less than $10 (and sometimes less than $5) per DVD.[/QUOTE]

thats good advice, thanks

[quote name='eldad9']If you wait for the box sets, it frequently works out to less than $10 (and sometimes less than $5) per DVD.[/QUOTE]

Especially if you can double-up with a fantastic deal from, say Right Stuf International (usually through a Weekly Sale) or Deep Discount DVD. Ahhh...it was nice to grab the Big O boxsets for less than $30 apiece, picking up Urusei Yatsura volumes for less than $11 apiece...

Outrageously cheap, R1 anime is most definitely out there. The only problem is waiting for it, at times. I'm still waiting around a little bit longer to flesh out my RoD TV collection but...hey, I've already seen the series, so it's not so much a priority, at least!

I have the FX copies of chobits and trigun. I bought them for less than 20 bucks a pop. The series are also condensed into 3 disc. Its cheaper, looks nicer and takes up less room. I only trust FX bootlegs. Most others are crap.

I used to buy a lot of bootlegs but not any more since anime has gotten so cheap when you are patient about it. I have so many legit anime DVDs now from buying them cheap at online sales and at cons that I have a drawer filled with approximately 200 discs that I haven't even watched yet.

My brother bought a bootleg Trigun boxset. I didn't know he ordered it until it arrived so I couldn't do anything about it.

Animenation had a bundle of the original 8 Evangelion dvd's for $26.99. Unfortunately it sold out already.

ADVfilms.com is supposedly going to start having random sales every day. They always have really good deals on boxsets during their holiday sales. Might wanna keep a lookout. I sure wish Geneon would do sales like ADV does.

Region 1 anime is so cheap nowdays, all you gotta do is look for it. Buying bootlegs is the biggest waste of money ever, if you really don't want to pay for anime, then just use the other method, at least you get a good translation that way and you're not supporting thieves.

On eBay I can see quite a few R1 boxsets that are cheaper than the shitty bootlegs.

bread's done
Back