New Transformers Optimus Prime Pepsi Convoy coming!

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!
That's right. Optimus Prime's trailer will be towing .... a giant pepsi bottle. Well, if you never had a G1 Optimus, here's an alternative:

post-2609-1133440173.jpg

post-5754-1133348448.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000B5815U/br_lf_t_/250-3827216-9631427

Hmm, it would seem that there are more Trans-Fans on this board than I'd first assumed. That's nothing though, I'm waiting for them to release Soundblaster over here.

If you want one, get it from:

www.tfsource.com

VERY reliable and reputable site from my personal experience and the experience of countless TF collectors. You will be amazed at the packaging.

*pepsi bottle not included.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Hmm, it would seem that there are more Trans-Fans on this board than I'd first assumed. That's nothing though, I'm waiting for them to release Soundblaster over here.[/QUOTE]

I want an iPod Transformer...

Hasbro has discontinued reissues, so your only chance of getting Soundblaster is the Takara version. Takara is much, much better quality and more true to the original molds than Hasbro anyway.

[quote name='oxidative']If you want one, get it from:

www.tfsource.com

VERY reliable and reputable site from my personal experience and the experience of countless TF collectors. You will be amazed at the packaging.

*pepsi bottle not included.[/QUOTE]

bigbadtoystore is another good one, though I didn't check their site for optimus.

[quote name='E-Z-B']bigbadtoystore is another good one, though I didn't check their site for optimus.[/QUOTE]

BBTS is great as well, but a little more expensive. Can't beat them for selection.

Wow. I'm torn between feelings of longing for a G1 Prime and total disgust over the obvious branding.

Colabots, transform and roll out!

[quote name='SpottedNigel']I want an iPod Transformer...[/QUOTE]

Great minds must think alike. I was gonna say I want a Soundwave iPod transformer. I could see a little lcd screen on his chest ..

tfc_soundwavetoy1.jpg

[quote name='1modernboy']Wow. I'm torn between feelings of longing for a G1 Prime and total disgust over the obvious branding.

Colabots, transform and roll out![/QUOTE]

It's kind of an homage because there was a Pepsi Optimus Prime in the 80s. That one had his original trailer with a Pepsi badge on it.

pepsitrailer.jpg

[quote name='oxidative']It's kind of an homage because there was a Pepsi Optimus Prime in the 80s. That one had his original trailer with a Pepsi badge on it.

pepsitrailer.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You should know better than linking form TFU, they have a fragile server.

What I had actually meant by soundblaster was this
img10292065775.jpg

And to those wanting an IPOD transformer, good luck, though there are customs such as this Soundwave Custom with an mp3 player within it.
10.jpg

[quote name='E-Z-B']bigbadtoystore is another good one, though I didn't check their site for optimus.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can definitely vouch for BBTS. I got almost a complete set of the Beast Wars 2 and Neo Japan only figures from them a few years ago. Also, one of them was broken out of the box, and not only did they ship me a new one free, they let me keep the busted one. Great guys there.

I sold my G1 Optimus (w/box and instructions) last year for over $100. It wasn't in great shape - it was my favorite toy as a kid so I was happy to get what I got.

I'm so anti-Astrotrain. How the hell can he fit all the Decepticons inside his space shuttle? It just doesn't make sense - plus he's an evil decepticon. I hate him so much.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm so anti-Astrotrain. How the hell can he fit all the Decepticons inside his space shuttle? It just doesn't make sense - plus he's an evil decepticon. I hate him so much.[/QUOTE]

As opposed to the non-evil kind :lol:

As interesting as it may seem, there are non-evil decepticons, as well as some non-good autobots

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']As opposed to the non-evil kind :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sonderiaom']As interesting as it may seem, there are non-evil decepticons, as well as some non-good autobots[/QUOTE]

Yes, there were not-so-evil decepticons, but they were weak, dammit, WEAK!!

Bludgeon was weak? he was a decepticon, but he was also honorable, a very non-evil trait.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Yes, there were not-so-evil decepticons, but they were weak, dammit, WEAK!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='sonderiaom']Bludgeon was weak? he was a decepticon, but he was also honorable, a very non-evil trait.[/QUOTE]

Honor? Honor has no place in the Decepticon ranks! You gots to be a bad mofo, dammit!

[quote name='sonderiaom']
cokecantransformer.jpg

'Nuff Said[/QUOTE]

I MUST get that. Transformers and Coke, two great tastes that taste great together!

[quote name='javeryh']I'm so anti-Astrotrain. How the hell can he fit all the Decepticons inside his space shuttle? It just doesn't make sense - plus he's an evil decepticon. I hate him so much.[/QUOTE]

It's called Mass Shifting. Just like how Soundwave could turn from a human sized cassette player to a giant robot. Actually, I don't know how it stands now, but the people in charge of the new TF movie thought Mass Shifting was stupid, and as such Soundwave would NOT be a tape player. If the concept CG scene I saw stays true, he is now a helicopter.

A part of my childhood just died.
Between this and Star Wars Episodes I-III, there isn't much left...

Have no fear our fair Cheapy, there shall be a Live Action Transformers movie coming out in 2007.

To be fair, there already was a Pepsi Prime, this is just a homage to the original.

[quote name='CheapyD']A part of my childhood just died.
Between this and Star Wars Episodes I-III, there isn't much left...[/QUOTE]

Last I heard, they're actually entertaining some extent of mass shifting now in the new movie, but that remains to be seen.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Last I heard, they're actually entertaining some extent of mass shifting now in the new movie, but that remains to be seen.[/QUOTE]

Don Murphy is the movie's director and as well, he's also a fan of the community, therefore little details are leaked.

[quote name='Don Murphy'] - Confirmation that there is some mass/volume shifting in the current script but not a lot.
- Arcee is still in the script, but does not appear a lot.
- When asked if things are still OK for a 7/4/07 release, Don responds "stay on target".
- "deals are still being worked out" for most of the alternate modes, so what is in the script now may be subject to change.
- When asked about how far off the casting process is, and if he's discussed this with Michael Bay, Mr. Murphy said "BUDGET is next, it will be a big discussion BUDGET"
- Assurance that "Michael WANTS to make the film." - In response to a question about Michael Bay's level of enthusiasm for the movie.
- And a hint that Don hopes to see furture Transformers Movies after this one, "Suffice it to say, I still believe that this film is gonna be the first of many, many cool Transformers films."[/QUOTE]

Look at the combatacons. They where so evil the decpicons put them in Prison ! Now that is bad ass. What the hell could they have done that was so bad that even the Decepticons wanted them locked up ?

[quote name='KingDox']Look at the combatacons. They where so evil the decpicons put them in Prison ! Now that is bad ass. What the hell could they have done that was so bad that even the Decepticons wanted them locked up ?[/QUOTE]

They were GOOD wich is BAD but being BAD was GOOD so that was BAD so they locked them up?

Has anyone bought any of the new Cybertron toys? I got one for a gift for someone (Vector Prime, I think). It seemed like they put a lot of work into making it.

Still love the alternators, though they're hard to find. Except for Swindle and Battle Ravage, of course.

Some pics of the latest (hard to get) alternators:

Decepticharge (Honda S2000):
at-drag-strip04.jpg

Wheeljack (Ford Mustang):
at-SlicerWheeljack-1.jpg

Swerve (Chevy Corvette):
813253668847_main400.jpg

813255c7c97_a400.jpg

Prowl (Acura Integra RSX):
8133028725ef_Main400.jpg

8133028725ef_A400.jpg

[quote name='E-Z-B']Has anyone bought any of the new Cybertron toys? I got one for a gift for someone (Vector Prime, I think). It seemed like they put a lot of work into making it.

Still love the alternators, though they're hard to find. Except for Swindle and Battle Ravage, of course.[/QUOTE]

I've got all of them so far, except for the repainted minicons (I love minicons, but can't justify buying the umteenth repaints of em). If you liked Vector Prime, then you'll love the line. VP is imho one of the worst. I buy them because I love the engineering/puzzle solving involved in the transformation, and VP is as simple as you can get.

I'd definitely say Cybertron is the best main line since Robots in Disguise, though Energon had a couple great figures too. Check out the Galaxy Force (japanese Cybertron) episodes though, much better than Cybertron.

Oh, and I have all the Alternators released thus far, displayed nicely on an old grocery store display so it looks like a parking garage.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Has anyone bought any of the new Cybertron toys? I got one for a gift for someone (Vector Prime, I think). It seemed like they put a lot of work into making it.[/QUOTE]

I've got Vector Prime, Megatron, Optimus Prime and Sideways. I also got the minicons and small megatron and starscream. Overall I'd say their quality is top-notch, but I'm still waiting for the 10th anniversary Beast Wars.

So what do you guys do with these toys? Do you play with them? I like Transformers and everything but I don't understand the point of owning any. Plus, knowing that asshole Astrotrain is out there somewhere really pisses me off. Eff you Astrotrain.

[quote name='javeryh']So what do you guys do with these toys? Do you play with them? I like Transformers and everything but I don't understand the point of owning any. Plus, knowing that asshole Astrotrain is out there somewhere really pisses me off. Eff you Astrotrain.[/QUOTE]

I do, whenever I need a nostalgic feeling, but generally I just let them adorn my room.

You really have something against Astrotrain don't you? Did you have a traumatic experience when you were little?

What's the point in owning anything other than whatever you need to live on? Entertainment.

bread's done
Back