All over me like a cheap suit.

Reality's Fringe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Ok, I'll admit it. I'm almost 19 and I do not own a suit. I never have. I was wondering if any of you had any advice on where to get a fashionable, but relatively inexpensive suit. I'll need one here in the coming months. Any thoughts or stories are welcome in addition to suggestions.

Yeah, but I always had this creepy feeling that some of the suits people were selling were taken of dead people. Don't ask me why. Besides, I'll probably need it tailor-fitted.

I got my first suit at the mens warehouse. I paid $400 after tailoring. If you are a normal size, you can catch good sales at filens and places like that. If you are tall big boned or whatever, you will probably have to go to a "suit" store.

suit? What is this thing you speak of? I'm 29 and have never owned a suit in my life, so don't feel bad. I used to be forced to wear a tie everyday to work, man that sucked.

[quote name='BigNick']I got my first suit at the mens warehouse. I paid $400 after tailoring. If you are a normal size, you can catch good sales at filens and places like that. If you are tall big boned or whatever, you will probably have to go to a "suit" store.[/quote]

I'm a good 6'3" and about 220 lbs. What chances do you think I have of finding one at an Outlet store or already made etc.?

Reality's Fringe said:
[quote name='BigNick']I got my first suit at the mens warehouse. I paid $400 after tailoring. If you are a normal size, you can catch good sales at filens and places like that. If you are tall big boned or whatever, you will probably have to go to a "suit" store.

I'm a good 6'3" and about 220 lbs. What chances do you think I have of finding one at an Outlet store or already made etc.?[/quote]

Slim chance at an outlet store. Outlets usually have the smaller sizes. You need a tall. Check out www.menswarehouse.com and see if there is one near you. They have a good selection with decent prices. Suits come "raw" there is no cuffs on the pants and jacket sleeves. They measure you, see you low you want the cuff, if you want cuffs or plain. The jacket is tailored similar. It doesnt hurt to check the stoes, but I wouldnt get your hopes up.

[quote name='BigNick']
Reality's Fringe said:
[quote name='BigNick']I got my first suit at the mens warehouse. I paid $400 after tailoring. If you are a normal size, you can catch good sales at filens and places like that. If you are tall big boned or whatever, you will probably have to go to a "suit" store.

I'm a good 6'3" and about 220 lbs. What chances do you think I have of finding one at an Outlet store or already made etc.?[/quote]

Slim chance at an outlet store. Outlets usually have the smaller sizes. You need a tall. Check out www.menswarehouse.com and see if there is one near you. They have a good selection with decent prices. Suits come "raw" there is no cuffs on the pants and jacket sleeves. They measure you, see you low you want the cuff, if you want cuffs or plain. The jacket is tailored similar. It doesnt hurt to check the stoes, but I wouldnt get your hopes up.[/quote]

How would you rate the quality of the suit?

Slim chance at an outlet store. Outlets usually have the smaller sizes. You need a tall. Check out www.menswarehouse.com and see if there is one near you. They have a good selection with decent prices. Suits come "raw" there is no cuffs on the pants and jacket sleeves. They measure you, see you low you want the cuff, if you want cuffs or plain. The jacket is tailored similar. It doesnt hurt to check the stoes, but I wouldnt get your hopes up.[/quote]

How would you rate the quality of the suit?[/quote]

I give it a solid B. I probably only wear it 5-6 times a year. Interviews, weddings, funerals. I get it dry cleaned after every use, and its held up great for the last 4 years. Of course, it all depends on the brand and material. I am assuming that this will be an all around suit for you, so you will want a lighter material one. They are all made of wool, so a heavy wool suit will suck in the summer time. I say go with a three button suit. Its not ultra conservative or ultra flashy, nice all around look.

Men's Warehouse has good quality even on their lower line of suits. I have bought many suits there and have never had one go bad. They offer lifetime tailoring as long as you own it. Nice if you lose or gain weight. They treat you really well. I just bought a 700.00 suit from them that is better than most 1000.00 suits I saw.

I have no formal attire for funerals, interviews etc. So I figured I might as well invest in a suit. Not to mention I'm going to be trying to get a micro loan here in a few months, and I doubt the finance manager will be impressed with a kid in jeans.....

You should start with a navy blue suit. It is the most useful since it is considered the "Interview" suit plus it's common for most meetings, like a loan officer.

Cheap and good are never found together in a suit. If you want something fashionable, fitting, and quality you're going to pay out the nose for it.. but a really good suit is easily worth the $1500-$2500 it can cost you.

That said.. Men's Wearhouse does have some excellent deals on decent suits, as said before. I'd stick with them if you don't want to spend a ton on one.

But remember.. a quality suit can make you money when it lands you that six digit job :)

Im 62 and 220 pounds My wife got mine for nordstorms rack a nondstroms clearence store for 25 bucks.! It came with jacket and pants on black tie or shoes but
I had those allready. Try there my friend. If any thing order from their online store.

bread's done
Back