Legallizzeee it

Mono`

Banned
hawaiian_marijuana.jpg

Don't lie, there must be some gamers out there that love to spark up before enjoying their games.

If not what do you think about it, I think it's a great way to relive stress and enjoy yourself. No it doesn't make you stupid unless you're inexperianced aka (wuss). It's traditional to hate it so I realise some of you that haven't tried it think people who use it are stoners or druggies. A strong arguement that isn't heard out is it's much safer than alchol.

Hurt you lungs? Yea yea yea, what about cigarettes, and plus you can also eat it.
BC-Vaporizer.JPG

Technology has come far, this little buddy is called the vaporizer, you set your mix into the tray and it heats the ingrediants untill they are released but creating no smoke, that's why they call it vapor you're inhailing air.

:O~

Counterpoint: we've already had this dumb topic several times. It's bad and you should feel bad.

I'm going to take my parents' word for it - people who have known stoners all their life, have done their share of drugs, lived through the 60s AND 70s, and experienced pretty much everything relevent to pop culture of America during those decades, and also who never sugar coat shit - when they say it, at the least, fucks up your ability to remember things. They have friends who don't remember them any better than what they had for breakfast. Kind of a scary thought.

Take that as you will. I still want to at least try it but meh. There's little evidence it is detrimental/beneficial outside of a lot of testimonial anecdotes, so until I feel like we've got a scientific basis on it, I'll approach with caution.

Have fun if you want I suppose. No argument from me.

If not what do you think about it, I think it's a great way to relive stress and enjoy yourself

I think people that smoke it every day are trash. I don't smoke it at all. I have a friend that lays around all day and smokes the shit 24/7 and I think she's absolute trash. I wouldn't tell her that, of course.

No it doesn't make you stupid unless you're inexperianced aka (wuss).

..just.. wow.

I knew some guys in college who were a waste of space, doing drugs, smoking pot 6-7 times a day. The ones that put it past them after college cleaned up their acts, the others, remain wastes of space. One of my roommates now smokes up, often, especially when watching Eagles games-loves the vaporizer. By often I mean everyday, and on weekends several times each day.
He is fairly intelligent and he does not get stupid when he is high. BUT. He would be a smarter guy if he was not smoking, more on the ball, better able to focus, reason things out and problem solve. Better able to react and make decisions, better able to listen, carry a long conversation and be aware of the start, middle and the need for a resolution.

I don't see it being any safer than alcohol, especially if you think it is safe. Neither are safe, and both can potentially hurt yourself and those around you. If you are in relative control, you should be relatively fine, but control is also illusionary whenever you use any drug, illegal or not.
As far as whether gaming high makes you better, this is laughably false. If everyone I have gamed against while they are high (and most usually think they are better), tend to have tricked themselves into believing they are more focused, or less distracted. The truth is, it is infinitely easier to rattle someone who is high when you are gaming against them. Distractions, especially anything that would break a routine, becomes a huge advantadge. The newness of a situation, when you take someone out of their comfort zone, can be a disaster for the person who is high.

I had a least 2 good friends that lost their IQs to pot. I think if you smoke it everyday like them your bound to be an idiot.

I have not touch the fuck in over a year and a half.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Wow, congratulations OP.. you are the first person I've decided was worth the effort to put on my ignore list.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you just say that to someone the other day?

I'm not even going to get into detail since I got shit on for asking about passing a drug testin August, but yeah, it should be legal. If people don't want to smoke it, I respect that, and there certainly are negative effects as a result of smoking, but those who bash the stuff are usually people who believe government issued propaganda and don't know the real facts.

As for loss of intelligence, I smoked for years and still am as sharp as ever.

I smoke maybe once a month now, if that, because it makes me tired and I just don't have much of a desrie to smoke anymore, but marijuana is less harmful than alcohol (which I love, hehe) and cigarettes, and the government could make a ton of money from selling it, so it should be legalized.

Pot doesn't ruin people's lives or make them stupid. The people who end up like that would have turned out that way, pot or no pot.

For a country that calls itself the "land of freedom", I find it interesting how greatly government propaganda and the culture of fear has influenced and shaped the general perception of non-prescription drugs in a relatively short timeframe. It's also telling that a government originally founded on the precept of offering individuals as much freedom from authoritarian influences as possible has recently seen fit to appoint a "drug czar". Add that to the fact that George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, two of the most influential and heroic founding fathers, willingly partook in a relatively harmless recreational activity that would now land them in jail, and it's obvious that puritan and xenophobic legislation has significantly increased in the past century. Taken anecdotally, the results of this thread are rather dissappointing to any true advocate of freedom.

i don't really care about it either way.. i'd rather get drunk.

[quote name='jmcc']Jesus Christ, here we go...[/QUOTE]

Heh, that's what I was thinking.

I've said my piece, but these debates never turn out well, and people aren't going to change their beliefs, so in the end it's just one big argument that only wastes time.

[quote name='Matt Young']I If people don't want to smoke it, I respect that, but those who bash the stuff are usually ignorant fools who believe government issued propaganda and don't know the real facts.[/QUOTE]

But all the people who use it are just repeating the same thing their druggie friends told them in the first place.

Don't call people ignorant who choose to not use it. That instantly dispells you "respecting" that decision, which you say not 10 words prior.

There's no proof on either side of the story. None. As I said, it's all anecdotal. "Well I'm still sharp..." Ok. That's good for you. That doesn't speak anything about any possible effects that may result from continued usage. None. And all those stories and facts you can pull out - the same ones I've heard for years from other people on the internet - are suspect as well.

Same goes with all the defensive remarks - "WELL WHAT ABOUT CAFFEINE? AND ALCOHOL? THOSE R LEGAL N DANGROUS." That's not what we're discussing here, so please don't retort with something as hilariously weak as that.

The only problem I have with drug users is that they apparently have this huge beef with non-users and instantly attack at the slightest provocation. They're not alone though - people from other groups/organizations/associations do it as well, claiming those opposed "haven't seen the light" and other nonsense. I'm not going to name suspects but they aren't hard to divine.

It's amazing, really. Isn't this stuff supposed to calm you down? Then why all the brutish lashing out?

As for the previous topic months ago, did you honestly think you'd have a defense? You did drugs, you may have lost a job. There's no victim in that situation, unless you want to say the company you had applied to would have been wasting their time, and continue to waste their time weeding out people that they feel would be poor employees.

Haha, no pun intended.

I rarely did it in college years ago (had the stoner roomie who did it DAILY)... havent touched the stuff in over 12 years... i actually LIKE to have control of myself...

The worst was doing it one night... and realizing after I did, I didnt want to be stoned... the next half hour felt like 8 hours... and so on

Those who chain smoke and drink heavily are no better IMO

Well lets see, Im 30 and Im a pothead, I have a regular 9 to 5 job, M-F, Have a house at the BEACH ( purchased, not renting, I do have a mortgage) have a decent car (04 accord) , run 2 miles 5 days a week( I know its not much but I hate running) and MMA train 4 days a week, 2 1/2 hours per class( thats were I get all my cardio from).. I smoke at least a bowl everyday ( dont do joints, in my opion its a waste) and guess what, Im fine, you would never even know I smoked unless I lit up right in front of you... I dont smoke cigs and only drink beer and thats normally just on the weekends. Weed is fine as long as you, wait for it,,, DO IT IN MODERATION and be responible about it.. dont go over board, dont wake and bake , treat it like drinking, there is a place and a time for it,, some people just dont grasp that concept and thats thier faults. Im not defending the OP or anything, I could careless if its legal or not because I will still get it when ever I want it, I just find it funny how everybody still thinks that anyone who smokes will become an idiot... and a FYI,, that vaporizer in the pic sucks, I have one I got out of Canada,, waste of $75, sticking to my bubbler...

[quote name='Matt Young'] those who bash the stuff are usually people who believe government issued propaganda and don't know the real facts.

[/QUOTE]

You mean it doesn't fund the terrorists????

[quote name='battleroyal33']I smoke at least a bowl everyday ... Weed is fine as long as you, wait for it,,, DO IT IN MODERATION and be responible about it... [/QUOTE]

hmmm... I can't be the only one confused by this can I?

[quote name='zman73']The worst was doing it one night... and realizing after I did, I didnt want to be stoned... the next half hour felt like 8 hours... and so on[/QUOTE]

Oh, how I can relate to that statement. Icky.

[quote name='javeryh']hmmm... I can't be the only one confused by this can I?[/QUOTE]

I am as well. Pot is bad and will remain evil for the rest of Earth time.

I find it laughable that the government can say that smoking something that grows naturally is a crime. This is a plant that has grown for thousands of years, previous civilizations have smoked it. How it (or any "illegal" drug) can be considered a crime is beyond me.

I love it when people say "I don't do drugs" when they smoke and drink on a regular basis. You are deluding yourself if you think you are "better" than someone who takes something which is considered illegal by our government. People drink and smoke to alter their mood (i.e. get "high") yet balk when someone fires up a joint for the exact same reason.

People can go to excess with anything. If someone smokes weed all day, every day, that person is overdoing it in the same way an alcoholic is. Smoking weed doesn't make anyone a loser any more than someone drinking a couple beers.

BTW, this is coming from someone who doesn't smoke at all. This is not a knee-jerk response from a pothead, it's just common sense, IMO.

[quote name='javeryh']hmmm... I can't be the only one confused by this can I?[/QUOTE]

Come on, your a smart guy, you know exactly what Im saying, but lets try this then, treat it like drinking, having 1 or 2 drinks a day is ok for you( this is the moderation part) but a 6pk or more a day is bad, hence dont over do it.. same thing with weed,, smoking a bowl or 2 a day( I usually do it at night after work, class, ect) no problem there.. I think the problem occurs when you have someone who smokes constantly through out the day, before, during, after work/school and then comes home and continues all night long, now thats clearly not very good for you,

[quote name='battleroyal33']Come on, your a smart guy, you know exactly what Im saying, but lets try this then, treat it like drinking, having 1 or 2 drinks a day is ok for you( this is the moderation part) but a 6pk or more a day is bad, hence dont over do it.. same thing with weed,, smoking a bowl or 2 a day( I usually do it at night after work, class, ect) no problem there.. I think the problem occurs when you have someone who smokes constantly through out the day, before, during, after work/school and then comes home and continues all night long, now thats clearly not very good for you,[/QUOTE]

A bowl or 2 a day just sounds excessive to me and it doesn't seem normal for someone to get high every single day.

[quote name='battleroyal33']smoking a bowl or 2 a day( I usually do it at night after work, class, ect) no problem there.. [/QUOTE]

This is purely for my own curiousity and please do not take it as an attack/insult, as I have no ulterior motive and it's purely for my own knowledge:

If you theoretically couldn't smoke one day, would that cause you to go into withdrawel or anything like that? Or would you just shrug it off and not worry about it?

I think non-smokers are confused by your statement because you call it moderation. If someone doesn't drink a beer a day, for the most part they are going to be just fine.

Again, my question is not meant to sound insulting. It's just something I'm curious about, and I assure you I won't twist your answer into something negative or anything like that.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']Didn't you just say that to someone the other day?[/QUOTE]

I've suggested people use the ignore list, the latest episode being one of U2K's threads. But no, this would be my first personal experience.

Ive never smoked weed and prob never will, im too broke buying games. I will say that I firmly believe that weed is far less dangerous than reg cigs and beer etc etc. Call weed a gateway drug and you could say the same about beer. Get tired of beer, move up to liquor.

[quote name='lebowsky']I find it laughable that the government can say that smoking something that grows naturally is a crime. This is a plant that has grown for thousands of years, previous civilizations have smoked it. How it (or any "illegal" drug) can be considered a crime is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

It took me a while to decide how to respond to this due to its inherent lack of logic or thought. But, murder has happened for thousands of years, previous civilizations have murdered, and since its done by people who are natural beings.. how can the government say its illegal?

The only underlying question is whether the government has the right to pass laws simply to protect us from ourselves. And since its been proven again and again and again by the highest court in our land that they do.. they have every right to illegalize marijuana smoking.

[quote name='Stink_Pickle']Ive never smoked weed and prob never will, im too broke buying games. I will say that I firmly believe that weed is far less dangerous than reg cigs and beer etc etc. Call weed a gateway drug and you could say the same about beer. Get tired of beer, move up to liquor.[/QUOTE]

Get tired of weed, move to cocaine, heroin, LSD and/or crack (to name a few). Get sick of beer move up to liquor (and thats about it). You think hard liqour is somehow as bad as those drugs?

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Get tired of weed, move to cocaine, heroin, LSD and/or crack (to name a few). Get sick of beer move up to liquor (and thats about it). You think hard liqour is somehow as bad as those drugs?[/QUOTE]

You're telling me drug addicts dont start with beer? I'm willing to bet most drug addicts start with beer/licquor and cigarettes, and then maybe weed, and then on to their drug of addiction.

EDIT: By the way, I dont care one way or another if weed gets legalized. Everyone I know who wants to smoke it, gets it and smokes it anyway, without regard for the law.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']It took me a while to decide how to respond to this due to its inherent lack of logic or thought. But, murder has happened for thousands of years, previous civilizations have murdered, and since its done by people who are natural beings.. how can the government say its illegal?

The only underlying question is whether the government has the right to pass laws simply to protect us from ourselves. And since its been proven again and again and again by the highest court in our land that they do.. they have every right to illegalize marijuana smoking.[/QUOTE]

It's not illegal to actually take any drugs. It's illegal to possess them.

since this is now a vs thread:

pros: the hemp plant has tons of useful applications and should be investigated more as a valuable resource. I realize hemp products are legal, but it needs to get more mainstream recognition.

cons: smoking it turns you into a moron. it also decreases your self-awareness if you smoke it regularly, so you can't see yourself turning into a moron. if you are reminded of how out of it you really seem to those non-stoners around you, you'll just forget about it over another bowl. This also makes it easy for you to believe that the world would be better off if everyone would just sit back and smoke a bowl (if i had a nickel for every time i heard that..)

that's not to say that there aren't functional smokers:

[quote name='battleroyal33']Well lets see, Im 30 and Im a pothead, I have a regular 9 to 5 job, M-F, Have a house at the BEACH ( purchased, not renting, I do have a mortgage) have a decent car (04 accord) , run 2 miles 5 days a week( I know its not much but I hate running) and MMA train 4 days a week, 2 1/2 hours per class( thats were I get all my cardio from).. I smoke at least a bowl everyday ( dont do joints, in my opion its a waste) and guess what, Im fine, you would never even know I smoked unless I lit up right in front of you... I dont smoke cigs and only drink beer and thats normally just on the weekends. Weed is fine as long as you, wait for it,,, DO IT IN MODERATION and be responible about it.. dont go over board, dont wake and bake , treat it like drinking, there is a place and a time for it,, some people just dont grasp that concept and thats thier faults. Im not defending the OP or anything, I could careless if its legal or not because I will still get it when ever I want it, I just find it funny how everybody still thinks that anyone who smokes will become an idiot... and a FYI,, that vaporizer in the pic sucks, I have one I got out of Canada,, waste of $75, sticking to my bubbler...[/quote]

grammatical errors and misspellings aside, he's got money and he exercises, so his addiction is completely justified by our society on that level.

on the other hand, there are functional alcoholics too.

but functional addicts are the MINORITY.

I think it should be legalized and respected for the right reasons: medical use and as a valuable, pleniful natural resource. I couldn't give less of a shit about the guys who just want their escapism to be justified through the legal process and don't believe America needs any more outlets to remove them from reality. they could ease up on the punishments for possession though :)

As long as you don't allow it to take over your life, you should always be in control. I let it take over my life for some time, but i've been getting better since i've come to realize that i was depending on it. But in all honesty i feel that marijuana's bad rep comes from all the gov't propaganda, which is fed by those tobacco lobbyist's pockets. Don't get me wrong, marijuana is bad for you, as is most anything else in the world today, but i think alot of people have the wrong impression.

All vices can destroy you. Food, cigarettes, video games, alcohol, pot, gambling, even surfing the internet. As long as you stay in control, do all things in moderation, you will not destroy yourself and others around you. I don't see a problem with the ol' ganja as long as it does not become you reason for living - then, it is a major problem and I did see that in a few friends in college. Very sad because there must have been a reason for them getting stoned everyday. Getting high and partying once in awhile is alright, don't get me wrong, but some of my friends would light up all day, with or without friends, and play games or watch TV. C'mon, that's fucked up. What's the difference with an alcoholic who just drinks all day?

[quote name='Strell']This is purely for my own curiousity and please do not take it as an attack/insult, as I have no ulterior motive and it's purely for my own knowledge:

If you theoretically couldn't smoke one day, would that cause you to go into withdrawel or anything like that? Or would you just shrug it off and not worry about it?

I think non-smokers are confused by your statement because you call it moderation. If someone doesn't drink a beer a day, for the most part they are going to be just fine.

Again, my question is not meant to sound insulting. It's just something I'm curious about, and I assure you I won't twist your answer into something negative or anything like that.[/QUOTE]

I fully understand your question and its not a problem,,, the answer to your question is no, I dont flip out, go into withdrawls or anything like that, Im still me, no mood swings or anything of that nature... since I dont grow my own, I buy from people I have known since Highschool and they run out all the time, so that means I might have to go a few days or even a week or so in between refill. When that happens I just wait for my buddies to get some back in, simple as that, I dont scurry around town trying to find a bag, hit or anything like that, I just wait. My life still goes on.. Hope that helps...

How does it fund terrorists when it's grown locally and sold locally that makes no sense....

People think it's evil because the goverment conditions you to be that way.

Do you know why the goverment doesn't allow it:

Because they are greedy and don't make money off it. (because there is no tax on it)

D
o you actually think the goverment gives a shit about your health, if they did care greasy slop Mcdonalds woulden't be in biz.

No thanks never have and never will put anything into my lungs. I'm fat I can't smoke, I'll die :lol:

In a way part of me thinks it should be legalized. Most people that I know that smoke weed don't do other drugs. They are "good" people even though yes they are breaking the law by smoking this. However I think if it's legalized their will be a drop in crime over time. Drug dealers who are owed money will disapear and people will not have to go through shady means of getting it.

Battleroyal33: Thank you for the reply, appreciate it. :) It was very well thought out and I respect the fact that you took the time to give me that information.

[quote name='mtxbass1']rofl. This now explains all of the OP's threads.[/QUOTE]

And posts.

[quote name='Mono`']The true American way would be if once the President was elected they dumped his old baggy wife for a huge breasted USA flag bikini wearing bimbo. That would be awsome.[/QUOTE]

Sheer brilliance. :roll:

[quote name='battleroyal33'][quote name='Apossum']

grammatical errors and misspellings aside,

Yeah got me there,[/QUOTE]

wasn't trying to "get" you on anything dude. what followed was even a roundabout compliment. :roll:

bread's done
Back