Buy 12 Month Xbox Live Starter Kit at CC and get ANY game free??? YMMV???

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Taken from Fatwallet and posted by Phantasm10.

"This is a BIG YMMV as CC's managers vary widely on customer service and the interpretation. My friend and I were able to get the deal at 3 of 4 CC's we visited in Socal.

In the Dec 4th Sunday Circular on pg 54 there is an ad for a Free game with the purchase of ANY Xbox Live Starter Kit with your choice of Call of Duty 2, Tony Hawk, or some Paintball game up to a $49.99 value. The stores have an ad correction that states ANY Xbox game with the purchase of a Xbox Live 12 Month Starter Kit and not the 3 month starter kit. We we're able to purchase the Xbox 360 Live Starter Kit and get a free Xbox 360 game valued at $59.99. The bundle wasn't in the system so they charged $69.99 for the Starter Kit and priced the game at $.01 and noted in the transaction is was a bundle per page 54 of the ad.

Sale ends 12/10. Good Luck!"

Has anyone seen this corrected ad and tried this?

Is this going to be a pain in the ass to get done? I mean how bitchy are they about this? If this works its going to be amazing but yeah...

[quote name='abhinav']Is this going to be a pain in the ass to get done? I mean how bitchy are they about this? If this works its going to be amazing but yeah...[/QUOTE]

YMMV...your mileage may vary. You may or may not get in on this.

No way in hell does this fly. Deal of the year if it does.
My second year of Live is almost up anyway and I was really looking to get Half Life2 or PoP3 this week anyway- it'd be like profit.

VERY sweet deal for anyone who gets this to go through. And i second the question about WHICH 3 socal cc stores put this through?

I have a sort of off-topic question. Can you buy the XBox Live kit (intended for original xbox) and use the code for the XBox 360 Live? Is the XBox Live the same online service as the XBox 360 Live? Sorry these questions may sound dumb, but I havent read anything about this, and just curious.

[quote name='Rig']YMMV...your mileage may vary. You may or may not get in on this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i know but i am just asking about what certain people have encountered. Has the stores been assholes about this or have they been cool. I mean on average. If its too much of a hastle i am not going to bother this weekend....

[quote name='SOSTrooper']I have a sort of off-topic question. Can you buy the XBox Live kit (intended for original xbox) and use the code for the XBox 360 Live? Is the XBox Live the same online service as the XBox 360 Live? Sorry these questions may sound dumb, but I havent read anything about this, and just curious.[/QUOTE]

yes you can use a xbox live kit for a 360

I did this deal today and they gave me crap about buying the 360 live kit and there was a big line behind me so I just got a regular one and Tony hawk. I'll just exchange tony hawk at walmart for 12 month card of xbox live. 2 years for the price of one.

bread's done
Back