EB Games Good & Bad Experience on same order

TurboPascal

CAGiversary!
I guess sometimes as a "Cheap Ass Gamer" you get bitten.

I ordered several "Used" games from EBGames. I have done this for several years.

HOWEVER, I have never done this during the holidays and don't know if I will do this again because I believe in all the madness, things get screwed up or people are too busy to pay attention.

I purchased World Soccer Winning 11 version 8 for the XBox. What I recieved was an XBox case with a "Playstation 2" Disk! I called customer service and they are going to charge and send me out the correct version -- Ok, great. And then they will send me an envelop for the other game. Ok, I can handle the extra charge and then the credit -- seems fair enough on this hiccup

Problem 2: I order Twisted Metal: Black Online. It was $5.95 after various CAG discounts. First off, I only recieved the offline Disk but the Online Manual and case looks like was dragged across the road. They gave me ABSOLUTELY nothing but grief for this exchange. I am stuck with what I have. I played the offline CD and works well and I was able to print out the manual from Sony.com but I am not pleased with the service on this one. For $6 I will bite the bullet

Problem 3: I ordered Prince of Persia 1 & 2. My order was split into two shipments. Great! I only recieved PoP 1 and the tracking # for the 2nd order does not work. Its been 10days. I called EBGames and asked them to look at the order. They tell me because it was shipped media mail that I need to wait 20 days!!!!! before they can do anything about the problem. I told them they should be able to contact USPS to find out what happened to the shipment, they told me they could not -- not until 20 days!! So, I am out waiting for 20 days to see if anything shows up.

One more twist to this story. I ordered Jax 3 and inside the case was someone's EBGames Activated Edge Card. When I type in the # I get the online 10% discount. What happens if I uhm -- borrow someone's online discount #? Should I send the card to EBGames or will that person just be able to get a new card?

I have had worse experiences with GameStop which is why I stopped using them, hopefully this is not a effect of the two companies merging. My experiences with GameFly have been much better but they never have the same deals.

Am I the only one who has had these problems?

EB will not replace a lost "edge" card - so you might as well keep it. Then atleast someone will get some use out of it...... you might want to check the balance on it to make sure there are no useable funds left on it!

Do I need to go into the store for the remaining balance, or is there a way to check online? I don't have my own card so that is why I ask. Plus, the nearest EbGames is about 1hr away because I live in the boons

[quote name='TurboPascal']Do I need to go into the store for the remaining balance, or is there a way to check online? I don't have my own card so that is why I ask. Plus, the nearest EbGames is about 1hr away because I live in the boons[/QUOTE]

https://www.ebgames.com/ebx/cart/checkbalance.asp

EBgames is usually pretty good about fixing things. I ordered Mario Bros. about a month ago and they sent me Super Mario Bros. instead but it was stickered up as Mario Bros. I called customer service and explained the situration and they put me on back order for another Mario Bros. and didn't even have me send back the game in this case since they considered the cost to be more then shipping would have been since Mario Bros. was .99 before discount.

Good: found a boxed copy of Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon at a B&M, and the clerk says, "hold on - I think I have a sealed copy of this in the back." Goes and gets it. I'm so impressed that I buy them both. Also found a complete Grandia at the same place, though I think I paid too much for it - $25. Would be much happier if I hadn't lost my PS1 power cord, because the game is incompatible with PS2s. The place still has an open-box, but still new SMT: Nocturne, and it's the Limited Edition. $49.99.. I have to admit I'm tempted. If the box was perfect, I would probably give in.

OK, now the bad:

I was sold a pirated Tactics Ogre cart. As has been mentioned on this forum, it is a federal crime to sell pirated software, and if I can't get my money back then I'll raise hell.

I tried to take back two used games once, fairly expensive ones, but because they weren't defective, they wouldn't give me a refund. They gave me store credit, which I put on a gift card and later used online to spite the store for their bad practice.

I pre-ordered a Famicom Micro, but at the corporate level the lazy bastards only paid for ground shipping, so the stores got them very late. I had to pay $99.99 too, and later saw it at another EB for $89.99. (I don't think I saw the coupon on those boxes though..)

bread's done
Back