Cheap racing rig? - or, where you keep your wheels?

CocheseUGA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
Since search is FUBAR here and on TXB, I'm in need of some help. Just picked up a wheel for my Xbox tonight and want to have some sort of setup. Something easily stowable but sturdy.

Thoughts?

Also, where do you keep your wheels at if you don't have a permanent setup? Don't want the kids messing with them.

Damn, I found my own post. I can't believe no one responded. I now have a DFP, a MadCatz wheel for my Xbox, and the Saturn wheel. I need a setup badly...but I also need to fold it down and stow it as well. I know someone has some ideas...

I wonder how well one of those wheels would work being attached to this. It would probably be easy to put away, but I have no idea how sturdy it is.

Hmm, maybe. I was thinking of something a little lower, though. More of a Corvette-style seating arrangement, butt close to the floor.

[quote name='erehwon']I wonder how well one of those wheels would work being attached to this. It would probably be easy to put away, but I have no idea how sturdy it is.[/QUOTE]
I had the same idea, but it didn't work worth a fuck for me. The force feedback was so strong it nearly knocked the table over every time I would turn the wheel. There are companies out there that make racing seats you can mount your wheel to, but thay are kinda pricey. And not so easy to store when your done.

Perhaps one of these would fit your driving needs... http://www.force-dynamics.com/. Just a thought.

)-(

Thanks for the links.

I got an AK Rocker 100 for free from my dad, and it's very comfortable. I've been doing some experimentation with the TV stand I'm currently using to get proper height and angles.

Hopefully I can start work on it soon.

I've looked into this before, a few months ago. I cant say that i found anything i really liked, nor anything within a reasonable cost.

tbh, I found it cheaper to buy an old arcade/mame cabinet that was built for racing via ebay or something similar, and modify it to more modern equiptment(new tv, console & wheel)

It wont stow-away, but i doubt you'll find stability in a stow-away mount either.

bread's done
Back