Louisiana CAGs

[quote name='DaleNixon']Baton Rouge

GameWare is the tits[/QUOTE]

Is that the place on the bottom floor of the mall? if so that place kicks ass.

[quote name='twiztidjester']Is that the place on the bottom floor of the mall? if so that place kicks ass.[/QUOTE]

The one with the arcade?

Baton Rouge and (frequently) Metairie here.

Gameware makes me happy. Gamestop on Siegen is pretty sweet.
The Gametrader locations in Kenner and Metairie are loaded on selection, but man those prices are nuts. Any collectors around?

[quote name='jdejon1']Baton Rouge and (frequently) Metairie here.

Gameware makes me happy. Gamestop on Siegen is pretty sweet.
The Gametrader locations in Kenner and Metairie are loaded on selection, but man those prices are nuts. Any collectors around?[/QUOTE]

Agreed on the gametrader prices :shock: the one over here doesn't even have all that great of a selection either - some copies of Mojo and Breakdown sealed are the usual highlights :rofl:

Does GameWare do trade-ins? I always just thought it was an arcade and new game store like Sam Goody but its brobably been 6 months since I've been the the MoL.

[quote name='twiztidjester']Do you know if the KB in lakeside is boing the BOGO on video games?[/QUOTE]
Really not sure on this one. Last time I went into that KB for some deals I did not find anything of good. For all of my KB deals I used to go to the KB in Elmwood, but it is not there anymore. Good luck though.

I agree about Gametrader. Don't bother with that place unless you're really desperate. I only been there a few times but the employess there are nice.

[quote name='joevan']Agreed on the gametrader prices :shock: the one over here doesn't even have all that great of a selection either - some copies of Mojo and Breakdown sealed are the usual highlights :rofl:

Does GameWare do trade-ins? I always just thought it was an arcade and new game store like Sam Goody but its brobably been 6 months since I've been the the MoL.[/QUOTE]

Sealed Compies of Mojo. *Whistles* I also dont know anything about the sealed copies of Midway Arcade Treasures 2 promo either.

[quote name='twiztidjester']Sealed Compies of Mojo. *Whistles* I also dont know anything about the sealed copies of Midway Arcade Treasures 2 promo either.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I too am responsible for some of their craptactular copies of games - they just give so much credit and every so often they get something good in - I got NFS: MW the other day w/ credit.

[quote name='joevan']:rofl: I too am responsible for some of their craptactular copies of games - they just give so much credit and every so often they get something good in - I got NFS: MW the other day w/ credit.[/QUOTE]

what is funny is they sell them as new with the CC price tags still on them.

the only time i shop there is when i have credit. they werent always that bad i use to go there alot when they were on the wank.

[quote name='twiztidjester']what is funny is they sell them as new with the CC price tags still on them.

the only time i shop there is when i have credit. they werent always that bad i use to go there alot when they were on the wank.[/QUOTE]

yea - for some reason the one over he leaves the EB/Gamestop tags on too - where the price shows up as being several dollars cheaper most of the time :rofl:

exactly on the credit - I usually bring my stuff there first since I try to support local business and one of the guys that works there is a friend of mine from HS - if they have new releases, I usually trade in my stuff and get an above average deal as far as trade ins go but if there isn't anyhing any good, on to CAG it goes.

How much is Gametrader selling Mojo for again? I even never heard of this Mojo game before until I was at the Virgin Megastore. They had a crapload of them in their bargin bin. I think they was selling them for $10 a pop.

Yes Gameware takes used games. I try to buy new games there as much as I can because they are a mom and pop store and they seem to really care about good games vs. selling whatever the flavor of the month is.

I've actually had them tell me stuff like "yea, we just got that game in... but don't waste your money... it SUCKS!" Not the managers, mind you, this is the employees talking!

They import games, import systems, and most of their arcade cabinets are imported as well. Anyone in range should support this store and stores like it unless you want to see more huge corporate gamestores dominate the world.

Hell, where else in town can you get a few sessions of Guitar Freaks and Beatmania in?

Don't mean to change the subject, but curious if any of you guys are camping out this weekend for a 360? What store and what time do you plan on getting there. I think I will be going to the Vets location around 7 ish on Saturday and seeing if there is any line yet, and if it is already bad, then I will head over to the West Bank location where they are getting many more systems. The timing of this and the Louisiana sales tax exemption this weekend couldn't have been any more perfect.

I would but I still have to beat Metropolis Street Racer, Project Gotham, and Project Gotham 2. Maybe next year.

[quote name='CDrebel22']Don't mean to change the subject, but curious if any of you guys are camping out this weekend for a 360? What store and what time do you plan on getting there. I think I will be going to the Vets location around 7 ish on Saturday and seeing if there is any line yet, and if it is already bad, then I will head over to the West Bank location where they are getting many more systems. The timing of this and the Louisiana sales tax exemption this weekend couldn't have been any more perfect.[/QUOTE]

If i go ill be going to the westbank location just to check out whats going on.

[quote name='raveneyes']Metairie here, no idea there were really any CAGs around here.

~b[/QUOTE]

:rofl: i have a feeling we're in the minority - so far less than 10 out of 40K :shock:

[quote name='CDrebel22']Don't mean to change the subject, but curious if any of you guys are camping out this weekend for a 360? What store and what time do you plan on getting there. I think I will be going to the Vets location around 7 ish on Saturday and seeing if there is any line yet, and if it is already bad, then I will head over to the West Bank location where they are getting many more systems. The timing of this and the Louisiana sales tax exemption this weekend couldn't have been any more perfect.[/QUOTE]

how'd it go? anybody have any luck - I went to the BB in Madisonville/Covington at opening and they were already sold out :whistle2:s

[quote name='joevan']how'd it go? anybody have any luck - I went to the BB in Madisonville/Covington at opening and they were already sold out :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
Out of curiosity, I drove by the Slidell BB on my way home around 11:00 Saturday night. I didn't get close enough to take an exact count, but it looked like there were already about 20 people lined up down the building. People are crazy...

Uptown, NOLA here. I got my 360 by waiting 14 damn hrs in the cold, got the very last platinum edition of the system. Wallet had a major headache that day lol. I have not heard of any places receiving anymore systems in as of late. Where are the systems M$ says it is shipping on a daily basis? :whistle2:(

[quote name='bluenatas09']anyone going to the Toys Rus in Slidell?[/QUOTE]
Nah, I've already got most of everything on the list that I'd want. Of course, I paid a bit more than $10 for most of it, but oh well. Win some, lose some.

[quote name='bluenatas09']anyone going to the Toys Rus in Slidell?[/QUOTE]

I'd been considering it - I work in Mandeville and was thinking about dropping by after work one afternoon.

[quote name='joevan']how'd it go? anybody have any luck - I went to the BB in Madisonville/Covington at opening and they were already sold out :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Well, I did manage to get a platinum, but had to wait for 12 hours. Do not regret it however as it actually was not too bad.

[quote name='CDrebel22']Well, I did manage to get a platinum, but had to wait for 12 hours. Do not regret it however as it actually was not too bad.[/QUOTE]

According to people I've talked with the BB on my side of the lake was sold out Saturday night just like the one in Slidell :bomb: I can't wait for mid-January when these are on the shelves regularly.

Congrats on the score though :D Glad you didn't get frostbite in the subartic tempuratures down here :rofl:

[quote name='twiztidjester']anyone get in on the tru action.[/QUOTE]

I tried to go to TRU yesterday after work but it was closed. They had closed at 5:00. I couldn't believe it. Anyways, I think I am going to head there this morning and see what I can find since I'm not working today.

[quote name='CDrebel22']I tried to go to TRU yesterday after work but it was closed. They had closed at 5:00. I couldn't believe it. Anyways, I think I am going to head there this morning and see what I can find since I'm not working today.[/QUOTE]

The one in meterie has nothing.

[quote name='twiztidjester']The one in meterie has nothing.[/QUOTE]

Yep, just found that out today. Was hoping to be able to pick up Cold Fear for myself, and RE 4 for a friend. They had neither and a whole lot of nothing else. Went ahead and just ordered Cold Fear online instead.

[quote name='989boi']Is that TRU yall talking about is the one on Veterans?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

[quote name='CDrebel22']Yep, just found that out today. Was hoping to be able to pick up Cold Fear for myself, and RE 4 for a friend. They had neither and a whole lot of nothing else. Went ahead and just ordered Cold Fear online instead.[/QUOTE]

You might want to try the one on the westbank.

if anybody is interested I have at least 1, and if there is a demand I can get more, free tickets to the I bowl Friday. Let me know if you are interested

bread's done
Back