gauntlet backwards compatible?

takingchase

Banned
I'm picking this up this week, I have it preordered at GR but will it play on my 360? I went to xbox.com but couldnt find anything.

We'll probably have to wait until somebody picks it up and actually tries it. At this point, I would lean toward it not being backwards compatible until they add it to the list though. I have this game pre-ordered as well, so I'm hoping it'll work on the 360.

[quote name='takingchase']oh crap, gauntlet is getting bad reviews. Maybe I'll just switch my preorder to something else.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure good reviews or bad reviews, the game will be guantlet. Hard to fuck that up, been the same since the early 80s.

Well it's gotten an 8.0 from Team Xbox and a 5.2 from GameSpot. Are there any more reviews out there yet? It really doesn't matter to me though, as I am picking up the game no matter what and I am fairly certain that I will enjoy it regardless of reviews.

Also according to the beginning of the Team Xbox review, it appears that this title isn't backwards compatible.

If you’re bangin’ away on an Xbox 360 controller right now, you have the option to leave whatever great launch title you are playing and go old school in Xbox Live Arcade. One of the arcade games available for play is Gauntlet, which is a fairly fun yet frustratingly difficult coin-op classic.

If playing age-old arcade ROM’s sounds ridiculous to you, then you could always try playing the latest in the Gauntlet series, but you’ll have to pull out the older Xbox to do so. Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows is Midway’s answer to those that thought this franchise would only live on via MAME, compilations, Xbox Live Arcade, or (gasp) Dark Legacy.

[quote name='shipwreck']Well it's gotten an 8.0 from Team Xbox and a 5.2 from GameSpot. Are there any more reviews out there yet? It really doesn't matter to me though, as I am picking up the game no matter what and I am fairly certain that I will enjoy it regardless of reviews.

Also according to the beginning of the Team Xbox review, it appears that this title isn't backwards compatible.[/QUOTE]

damnit, now I have to switch my preorder.

[quote name='takingchase']I'm picking this up this week, I have it preordered at GR but will it play on my 360? I went to xbox.com but couldnt find anything.[/QUOTE]
who is that in your sig

The gamespot review went on and on about the game's repetitiveness, as if that was something unexpected. At one point, they did bring up the linear design of the levels, and how that was somewhat of a departure from the older games. But to criticize Gauntlet for being repetitive? Come the fuck on.

Of course it is.

[quote name='shipwreck']We'll probably have to wait until somebody picks it up and actually tries it. At this point, I would lean toward it not being backwards compatible until they add it to the list though. I have this game pre-ordered as well, so I'm hoping it'll work on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Tried it today with shipwreck and it is not backwards compatible. Hopefully this will be after the new year along with WPT and Battlefront II.

bread's done
Back