Does anyone live in Orange County or know it well? I'm moving on MONDAY!!

meteors

CAGiversary!
:shock:

The good news: I got a sweet job at a video game company working as an Assistant Producer on a Lucas Arts game!

The bad news: I have to move to the OC and I don't know the area at all. I REALLY need to find an apartment but I don't want to live in a big sprawling apartment complex. I need a studio or one bedroom for $1000 and under. I want a neighborhood, I want to be able to walk a few minutes to get a coffee and paper in the morning. Does anyone know anywhere I could do this? The job is in Newport Beach and right now I'm looking at Huntington Beach, Laguna Beach, Costa Mesa, etc.

Help me find an area/apartment and I'll reward you (seriously)! :)

I have an Aunt who lives in Laguna Nigel, I'll ask her if she knows anything. If you ever need a chiropractor, visit her at Scott Chiropractic!

Sorry i live in NY, but i just wanted to congratulate you on your new job. Lucas arts sounds pretty sweet....allthough they've had some lay offs lateley. I hope your game is a good one (can you tell us what it is?)

Wow, good luck. Any of those places will be $1000+ unless you look for places in the ghetto.

I didnt know LucasArts had an office in Newport Bch. Are they hiring?

I'm actually working for the Collective on a game published by Lucas Arts. I'm not allowed to say what it is yet, but it will be Lucas Arts biggest game next year if that's a hint ;)

The Collective is a very cool studio from what I've seen. The made the Buffy game, the last Indiana Jones game, Wrath: Unleashed for PS2 (I liked it!), and so on.

Great job, great area, but it won't be so great to live out of my Uhaul! ;)

Hey i actually do live in Orange County. I live in Huntington Beach. If you wanna chat hit me up on aim DallasA354 is my screen name.

Laguna Nigel is too far south for me to live and commute up to Newport Beach I think.... but I really have no idea :)

[quote name='meteors']Laguna Nigel is too far south for me to live and commute up to Newport Beach I think.... but I really have no idea :)[/quote]

I emailed her and told her the area that you are looking for. When she responds, I'll let you know. Who knows, maybe she has a place around there...(she tends to buy places and rent them out)

I can't confirm or deny anything about the game, but I do know that it will be a very popular one.

Still looking for help!

The bad guys in You Got Served are from Orange County.

Oh, and once you're done with the game, please bomb the offices of LucasArts for cancelling Sam & Max 2. kthx

[quote name='Storamin']no it's not kthnx. It's kthnxbye.[/quote]

Who the hell made you boss? It can be used either way. Next people are gonna be telling me that I have to vote for Dubya in this year's election.

I'm just telling you, because you are wrong. For the record, you should vote for republicans. Democrates take from the rich and give to the poor. Republicans let everyone keep their own hard earned money.

Who made YOU boss?

[quote name='meteors']I can't confirm or deny anything about the game, but I do know that it will be a very popular one.

Still looking for help![/quote]

I would say check Rent.com or Apartments.com and you can check by city there.

After you see something you like, check ApartmentRatings.com for customer ratings.

Hope this helps.

Rent.com seems to only have big gigantic suburban apartment complexes listed. I want something much smaller scale like an apartment over a restaurant or something like that. I know that's kind of rare in the OC but they have to exist somewhere right!

I don't know about that one meteors... That might take a lot of looking around. You may be better in the suburban apartments until you have time to find a better place.

Yeah, I'm starting to think I'm going to have to do that Storamin. I just love my morning walks for coffee and the newspaper! :(

Thanks LinkinPrime - Apartments.com does have much better search options I'll look around on here for a bit.

Not a problem, just wish it could be easier to find an apt. specially with the way the cost of living is here.

Be sure to check ApartmentRatings.com when you have found some, it really helped my friend find a good apt.

OMG, how embarrassing. Sorry guys, that is my boyfriend.... We're apart for the summer since his mother is a fucking douchebag and wants us to be apart because I called the cops on her since she's abusive (the cops believe her "story" anyway). I'm really sorry. He surprised me on another message board too. How embarrassing.... he should have made another topic. I'm gonna PM him about it.

Again, sorry.

Um, okay.

Thanks for the PMs guys - I'm still looking. Craigs list has some good small properties (as opposed to large complexes) but if anyone knows local landlords or whatnot, let me know too!

I just graduated from school in over in the OC, I didn't get to know the insides and out of the entire county. And I've never had to go apartment hunting. But I can tell you that your most likely not going to find an apt that is built on top of a nice store front. The onlything that I can think that is even close to something like that is some of the newer apt buildings are being built on top of some stores, but when I say stores I mean places like starbucks and curves. There is one of these apt places by edison field. I'm sure that's not what you had in mind.

Are you new to SoCal or just OC ? If you've never been to OC then one of the first places you have to go is the Frys by the 91.

I'm new to California completely! I've visited, loved it, but don't know many specifics.

Where's Edison field?

Edison field is in Anaheim. Close to disneyland. And now that I've had a chance to think about it the apt structure that I was thinking about may be in Costa Mesa. I some times get those areas mixed up since they look the same. And two the most common places I go to is the disneyland area of Anaheim & the south coast plaza.

congrats on the cool J.O.B. PM me with your specifications. (price, lease time, amentities) i have access to realtor boards and i may be able to help you out.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']The bad guys in You Got Served are from Orange County.

Oh, and once you're done with the game, please bomb the offices of LucasArts for cancelling Sam & Max 2. kthx[/quote]

what they canceled sam & max 2???? WTF WTF WTF WTF? OMG....

Quoted directly from my Aunt...

Orange County, well it is expensive but he can try Mission Viejo or Lake Forest or he can go for the roommate deal. He can look in the Penny Saver on line. In my opinion Dana Point and Laguna Niguel or Laguna Beach would be the best.

So take it for what's it's worth I guess. That was her advice.

check costa mesa. the street that runs parallel to harbor blvd to the west has a good amount of smaller apratment complexes, townhomes, and condos. everything on that street is one block over from harbor, which is loaded with coffee shops and other junk like that.
I wanna say its called royal palm but I cant remember.

Sweet Paz9x, thanks! I'll definitely check it out! Costa Mesa is right next to Newport where I work so that could be perfect.

Lstorm34 - I've found plenty of apartments under 1000 :) they're just all in big apartment complexes, something I don't really like.

bread's done
Back