- - - - -

Employees of all stores--post your stupid customer stories--part III

#121 dude2003   CAGiversary! x 10 CAGiversary!   895 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:50 PM

So yesterday, this guy came in to exchange his GBA game. He had bought a GPG (warranty) and now his game wasn't working anymore. I asked him why the game wasn't working and he replied that he had dropped it in the toilet; he had a stack of games on his toilet roll and when he went to get some toilet paper, they fell and one flew into the toilet. I was like, "oh" and was half shocked. He put the game down on the counter and since I didn't want to touch it, I told him that if he put it out to dry, it probably will start working. He insisted that it doesn't work anymore and wants to exchange it. He was in a hurry because he started yelling at me, why I won't just take it and exchange it, etc. I went to the back to grab a plastic bag, he yelled at me some more for wasting his time (because I spent like 2 minutes in the back trying to find a paper bag), and that he just wanted to get another copy. No way in hell am I touching that thing with my bare hands. Yeah, so, I hope that when my boss goes through the defect box, he'll touch the game with his bare hands :lol:

Oh yeah, somebody threw up on our DS display systems too.

um ew? :puke:
so i shouldn't visit eb stores in berkeley eh?

#122 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1503 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:04 AM

8:55 pm: I'm guarding the door at work, waiting for the last couple of customers to finish up and get the heck out. They are going kinda slow, but I can't kick them out because they were in the store before we close.

9:05 pm: They finally got what movies they wanted and are just about to pay when another guy tries to come in.

Guy: "Hold on please! I just need to get one thing!"
Me: "Sorry sir, it's past 9pm. These are the last customers for the night."
Guy: "But all I want to get is a PS2. Why can't you get it for me?"
Me: "Because you came in after 9, we want to close up."
Guy: "But they are getting stuff."
Me: "They were in here before 9."
Guy: "So you aren't gonna help me? I wanna speak to your manager! Are you the manager?"

This is the fun part, one of the women buying stuff chimes in:

Woman: "Yea I'm the manager and we need to get the heck out of here to go home! You should have gotten here earlier!"
Guy: *Flabbergasted* "Wha? Well... YOU LOST A SALE!" *storms out*

Manager: "...Wow. Thank you very much!"
Me: "Ditto! Thanks a lot and have a wonderful night!"

I still got home later than expected.

#123 Acidbath42024   Master of Awesomeness CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Acidbath42024

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:43 AM

I work at a bowling alley in Virginia. We just had our center redesigned recently so that all of the "House" bowling balls are positioned on shelving units at the front desk, where you get your lane. The bowling balls are in plain view from every single spot in the alley. I have had such questions asked to me as I have been standing at the front counter, surrounded by bowling balls:

"Is this where you keep the balls?" Usually I reply, no we keep those in the bathroom, these are just display boxes.

"Excuse me, do you know where the bowling balls are?" My reply is usually, sorry man, I was just about to ask you the same.

"(Should/can) I walk behind the counter and get my own ball?" I usually dont reply, because that is just stupid.

#124 Acidbath42024   Master of Awesomeness CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Acidbath42024

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:03 AM

Oh yeah, one more thing. This is kinda different, but its still f-ed up. I went to Walmart a month ago and got some groceries and such and when I went to pay for it, the cashier tried to run my bank of america, debit card as if it were a food stamp card. After the transaction didnt go through, I explained to her that she had made a mistake and to try it again. She tried it again and still managed to try and run my card as a food stamp card. I proceeded to tell her that it wasnt a food stamp card and she replied in a loud bellow that "Its not my fault that you dont have any money!" Astonished, I calmly looked her in the eyes and replied "mam, I just checked my bank account online and on my phone and I do have the money, your just running my card through incorrectly." After I said this, she immediatly called a manager over to run my card. The manager did the exact same thing and finally after I lost my patience and yelled "fuck it!", I used my credit card. Guess what, the transaction went through perfectly. On my way home I even stopped to get gas and used my debit card to pay. Idiots.

#125 ajumbaje   West Coast born East Coast raised CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:15 AM

walmart is a cesspool waiting to explode, nuff said

#126 Dragonsbane   Dr. StrangeCAG CAGiversary!   1569 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Dragonsbane

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:26 AM

Oh yeah, one more thing. This is kinda different, but its still f-ed up. I went to Walmart a month ago and got some groceries and such and when I went to pay for it, the cashier tried to run my bank of america, debit card as if it were a food stamp card. After the transaction didnt go through, I explained to her that she had made a mistake and to try it again. She tried it again and still managed to try and run my card as a food stamp card. I proceeded to tell her that it wasnt a food stamp card and she replied in a loud bellow that "Its not my fault that you dont have any money!" Astonished, I calmly looked her in the eyes and replied "mam, I just checked my bank account online and on my phone and I do have the money, your just running my card through incorrectly." After I said this, she immediatly called a manager over to run my card. The manager did the exact same thing and finally after I lost my patience and yelled "fuck it!", I used my credit card. Guess what, the transaction went through perfectly. On my way home I even stopped to get gas and used my debit card to pay. Idiots.

Thats not really a stupid customer story. BTW you shouldhave asked to do it yourself.

#127 greenpea   MMMMMM....Turkey CAGiversary!   2439 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

greenpea

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:35 AM

"(Should/can) I walk behind the counter and get my own ball?" I usually dont reply, because that is just stupid.

To be honest, from the way you explained the setup, I would be wondering the same thing.

#128 ironmouse   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

ironmouse

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:41 AM

bump

#129 S_gamer   Brotherhood of Steel CAGiversary!   1025 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:19 PM

Okay I work as a Clerk at a store called XScargo and i am a clerk here's one of the few stories I have to tell.

I was just walking around and looking to help a person and clean up all the aisles and I do Tests for "defective products" and guess what a customer came with a broken blender so I go to the front to pick it up and and the cutomer what's wrong with it, the person was from china I think and he explained this to me "the item will not blend my beans" so I was like bean's???? I was confused and didintknow what to do so I called my manager "Igor" a cool russian dude, when he came he talked to the cutomer and even turned it on and it was like perfectly fine, so themanger said "no I wont exchange it" and the customer was angry and all and wouldn't give up then my manger just decided to leave the item as it is and go to the office. The Customer decided to be angry for some reason and picked up the item and throw it at my manager but missed him by a bit, so my manger pick the item up and put it's near the entrance and tells him I am calling the cops, MAN did he ever run out of the store!

#130 Kirin Lemon   世界を革命する者 CAGiversary!   5094 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Kirin Lemon

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:53 PM

Okay I work as a Clerk at a store called XScargo and i am a clerk here's one of the few stories I have to tell.

Yes, but are you a clerk?

I was just walking around and looking to help a person and clean up all the aisles and I do Tests for "defective products" and guess what a customer came with a broken blender so I go to the front to pick it up and and the cutomer what's wrong with it, the person was from china I think and he explained this to me "the item will not blend my beans" so I was like bean's???? I was confused and didintknow what to do so I called my manager "Igor" a cool russian dude, when he came he talked to the cutomer and even turned it on and it was like perfectly fine, so themanger said "no I wont exchange it" and the customer was angry and all and wouldn't give up then my manger just decided to leave the item as it is and go to the office. The Customer decided to be angry for some reason and picked up the item and throw it at my manager but missed him by a bit, so my manger pick the item up and put it's near the entrance and tells him I am calling the cops, MAN did he ever run out of the store!

A comma is not an acceptable substatute for a period. Neither is the space bar. I'm faily sure most elementary schools cover this in their curriculum.

#131 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6991 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:50 PM

In Soviet Russia, Blender throws you at Manager (it also uses normal punctuation, eh.)

#132 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13962 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:01 AM

In Soviet Russia, Blender throws you at Manager (it also uses normal punctuation, eh.)

Watch out, he'll sick Hosehead on you. He drinks beer, yaknow.

#133 S_gamer   Brotherhood of Steel CAGiversary!   1025 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:25 AM

A comma is not an acceptable substatute for a period. Neither is the space bar. I'm faily sure most elementary schools cover this in their curriculum.

Dude wtf is your problem, by the way I am from bosnia and no I am not perfect at spelling.

#134 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19261 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:46 AM

Dude wtf is your problem, by the way I am from bosnia and no I am not perfect at spelling.

OK, if English is your second language I think we can cut you some slack. Without knowing that, though, I understand why they said what they did. That was a massive run-on sentence.;)

#135 S_gamer   Brotherhood of Steel CAGiversary!   1025 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 06:27 AM

OK, if English is your second language I think we can cut you some slack. Without knowing that, though, I understand why they said what they did. That was a massive run-on sentence.;)

I agree that is pretty disgusting I need to clean up my writing skills. Still dont hate me cause I suck at writing.

#136 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19261 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 06:19 PM

I agree that is pretty disgusting I need to clean up my writing skills. Still dont hate me cause I suck at writing.

No hate, just some friendly (I hope) teasing.

#137 schuerm26   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4571 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:12 PM

Don't you love it when someone tries to correct another person's english or punctuation but then they screw up the spelling in their own post?

#138 Kirin Lemon   世界を革命する者 CAGiversary!   5094 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Kirin Lemon

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:45 PM

Don't you love it when someone tries to correct another person's english or punctuation but then they screw up the spelling in their own post?

My first typo EVER, I assure you.

#139 Trakan  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:59 PM

Looks like I found #2.

#140 Kirin Lemon   世界を革命する者 CAGiversary!   5094 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Kirin Lemon

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:09 PM

Looks like I found #2.

*laughs* Holy hell, was I ever having an off day...

#141 strummerbs   ® and © CAGiversary!   1186 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

strummerbs

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:19 PM

My personal favorites came when I worked at a calender kiosk in a mall. It was a great job for watching insane Christmas shoppers. For example:

1) A lady walks around the whole thing twice, paying careful attention to the giant rack of various dog breed calenders located right next to the cash register I was sitting at. She then comes over and asks, "Are these some of them old-timey records?" I was so close to just saying, yeah, we have the Labrador Retriever's greatest hits, and the new one by the Bulldogs, and that fine single by the Boston Terriers. Seriously, I know they are about the same size, but come on, its a giant wall of various dog breeds.

2) A woman came in just after getting her nails done, so she kept her hands sort of half-way out with her finger fully spread. She then had me walk around the whole place, showing her the back of each calender (because she couldn't touch anything), picked one out, and then had me get her wallet out of her purse and take out the neccesary cash. She really should be glad I'm a very honest guy.

3) Around the middle of December, we had a guy and his son come in and look at the calenders. The kid got very excited about something, a Pokemon calender, I think, and the father picked it up and told his son, "Now son, why would you want a calender now? It'll only be good for two more weeks."

#142 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19261 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:05 PM

Looks like I found #2.

Maximum ownage!:lol:

#143 sonderiaom   Starry Knight CAGiversary!   1818 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

sonderiaom

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:36 AM

I haven't gotten very many good stories of stupid customers lately as I'm trying to get everyone the hell out of the store but I got one today. I was minding my own business, checking to see if people had a card to get into costco and someone walks up to me with a question. Alright, I can handle it, shouldn't be too hard ya know?

Her: "Do you know where the coupons for the _____ are?
Me: *never heard we had coupons for it* "I'm not sure, it doesn't look like it's in the weekly flyer, why don't you ask the people at membership, they have a book of coupons?"
Her: "I got one of them, it isn't in there. Does it matter if I have the coupon, wouldn't it be just instant?"

Now, if the coupon isn't in the weekly flyer, or the book of coupons that gets mailed out, there would be no coupon for it. As well, We have instant rebates sort of thing, so I thought that it may be that.

Me:"Does it say rebate anywhere on the sign?"
Her:"No, it asks for a coupon, but wouldn't it just be instant, I mean it says it right there?"
Me:"No, you'd need the coupon if it asks for the coupon." *I point her over to Membership again* "Why don't you go talk to those fine folks and they'll figure everything out for you.

I really do hate membership and those bastards hate me, so it's all good.

#144 svrasputin   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

svrasputin

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:10 AM

I work at Target and here's how 90% of my customer interactions go like this:

1) customer comes up to me while I'm working (wearing red and khaki, with a Target name badge): "Do you work here?"

2) customer then proceeds to ask me where the CD's, DVD's, Video Games, iPods, etc are while everything is in totally plain sight just a few feet away from them

3) if we are out of stock of that item, they immediately ask when we will get some in (which, in all honesty, I normally don't know)

4) when I reply with "I don't know," they next ask where else they can get said OOS item; when I answer again with "I don't know," they proceed to stare at me in disbelief that I don't know what other store carries said item

5) sometimes, I'll tell them that they can find the item online, and invariably, the customer either replies with "I don't like to use my credit card online" or "I don't want to have to wait to get it."

Normally, this really isn't a big deal, but this last Christmas was a killer for these conversations. People just could not believe that we were OOS on iPods, XBoxes, PS2's, Gamecubes, and even XBOX 360's. People would get totally flabergasted because we OOS with these items. If I were allowed to shoot stupid customers in my store, half of my city would have been wiped out.

Another one I like is when parents come in to buy something really popular (XBOX 360) for their kid's birthday, and wait until the last minute (like a few hours before the party) to come to Target to get it. When we don't have it, they are in total disbelief ("XBOX 360 just came out, I can't believe you don't have any!"), then it quickly progresses to anger ("This is unbelievable, I want to speak to your store manager!"), and then to sadness or anxiety ("My kid's heart is going to be broken!"). Jeez, if you care so much about your kid, you should have gotten them their presents weeks ago.

#145 svrasputin   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

svrasputin

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:29 AM

OK, here's my annoying XBox 360 post:

What is really annoying is these guys that call every day, sometimes twice per day asking if we got any 360's in that day. We have an operator to screen our calls and she knows that we don't have any. These guys demand to speak to Electronics each time they call. These guys get down right mean if they do not get to talk to me personally. When I do speak to them, they ask if we have any. I promptly reply that we don't and haven't had any in weeks. They always reply that they had heard differently, and that we had some in now. I tell them that we don't, and then they can't believe it. They then cop an attitude and try to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about or that I'm hiding them for myself. I then unpolitely tell them that we don't have any and that I told them the same thing twice last week. I normally then just hang up.

This is getting so damn old. Can't these chumps just get them from eBay? The prices are reasonable now. I don't blame someone for trying to get one for themselves, because I have one, and have thoroughly enjoyed it. But come on! You call me to bitch me out because we don't have the number one entertainment device on the planet? Please...

It's one thing to ask, but it's another to accuse and bitch.

#146 DX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1650 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:48 AM

Why would the cashier be running your card? EVERY Wal MArt has the little kiosk on the checkouts for the customer to scan their own card.

If youre gonna make shit up at least use some facts.

#147 svrasputin   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

svrasputin

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:55 AM

OK...Only one more for tonight...

Several months ago a hurricane came through my town and ripped everything to shreds. Anyway, I was out of work and town for about two weeks because there was no power, water, cable, beer, etc. in my town. When I went back to work, it was totally ridiculous. Not because of having only 12 employees total to work, nor was it the fact that I had to work 7 days a week; it was the total lack of respect that came from the customers. We were only open from 10AM-6PM each day because of lack of employees and a curfew on my town. These people would come in at 5:45 PM and stand around and bitch when we told them that we closed at 6. They bitched because we didn't have enough employees to help them. They bitched when their FEMA or food stamp cards wouldn't work. I guess, in general, they were just bitches.

Common excuses for their bitchiness included sorrow (they just lost their house, possessions, etc.), lack of time (they just got off of work at 5 and were mad because we closed at 6), and just because we owed it to them to stay open and be happy and jolly even though most of the employees lost something in the hurricane also. This was just complete BS. I really saw the bad side of the people in my town. Did they not realize that we lived in the same town as them?
Granted, not everyone was like this, but the ones that acted bitchy really outshine all the customers who came in and got what they needed and then just left. Sorry for the rant, but I had just never seen anything like this before in my damn life. Pathetic...

Anyway, thanks for letting me get this aggression out. I feel much better...

#148 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19261 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:29 AM

Anyway, thanks for letting me get this aggression out. I feel much better...

That's exactly what this thread is for. Post as much as you want.

#149 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1503 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:33 AM

Not much today, except it really fucking sucked that the ASM and I had to stay doing category counts for the ps2. Took us over 3 hours just to get the used PS2 done and the store is still a mess.

Ugh.

#150 Kayden   Banned Banned   17673 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:57 PM

Yes... that is everyone except for those that don't. :roll:

I've been to countless Walmarts over the years and I've only seen those self service checkouts at one about a year ago. It was the funkiest, nastiest, ghettoest Walmart I've ever gone to. All the suburban Walmarts I go to have real people and no self checkouts.

Why would the cashier be running your card? EVERY Wal MArt has the little kiosk on the checkouts for the customer to scan their own card.

If youre gonna make shit up at least use some facts.