Question for St. Louis CAG's

legendarypegasus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I just recently moved back to St. Louis from Wash DC. I have noticed that shipping takes significantly longer here than DC, which is just ridiculous considering all the security crap packages coming and going from DC go through.

I have tried FedEx, UPS and the Post office but all of them ship extremely slow. Prority takes about a week and a half, FedEx takes anywhere 1 week and a half to 3 weeks, UPS always takes more than a week.

Has anyone in St. Louis noticed this? Its frustrating to spend the money to have something shipped within 3-4 days and have it take 2 weeks.

I haven't had any problems. Could it be the holiday rush? Do you live in the city, or in the county? I live in the city and love how fast things seem to arrive.

things usually arrive pretty fast for me as well and i live in the county. I know magazine subscriptions take longer to get to me than other people sometimes i'll get my egm from last month and people are starting to get theirs for next month.

From what I've noticed, it seems like packages going media mail can take a number of days longer to go from here to somewhere else, and the reverse happens when it gets to this side of the trip.

First class and priority haven't been much of an issue for me, save the occasional package. For the most part, it's been in the normal timeframe I'd expect for shipping.

It might be something specific to your area, so you might try shipping from another PO and see if you have better luck.

All of the UPS, FedEx and DHL main sorting offices are within about a 2-square mile area from one another in Earth City, north of 70, off of Earth City Expressway.

packages always arrive fine, but like onetrackmind said, my magazines seem to take a week or longer more than any of my friends. Of course, most of my friends ALSO live in the st. louis area, so that probably means my mailman just hates me.

for me, all deliveries are usualy on time, excapt for DHL, they only deliver on mondays and thursdays.

i once even paid for next day delivery, and the item arrived on tuesday, and they refused to deliver it, and said that I could come up to st. louis (i live in washington, mo) and pick it up. since i needed it tuesday night, i went up there.

i got my money back though, for the crappy delivery service

Shipping for me seems pretty good except for Gamefly. Transfer time for them was 1-3 weeks from sending game to them to getting new game back. This has been from St. Charles, Ballwin, and Valley Park.

bread's done
Back