Bay Area Toys-R-Us Stock thread -

Xevious

CAGiversary!
I just got back from TRU in Emeryville, CA.

There was about 3 copies of Xbox Fatal Frame 2 (in the glass case, there is no display copy), A few copies of Area 51, and about 4 copies of Sid Meiers Pirates.

I went to TRU today at 8:30 am.

Please post any stock information in this thread for everyone else to see.
------------------------
I am looking for Warioware for the GBA....If anyone of you see it, please let me know.

Went to the TRU in Hayward, Ca at around 6:00 pm

I saw
2 copies of Blood rayne 2
Dead to rights 2
1 copy of Fatal frame 2
Karaoke revolution
1 copy of Ninja Gaiden
4 copies of Pariah
2 copies of Project Snowblind
Tiger Woods 2005

I got Pariah and Project Snowblind. I already had Ninja Gaiden Black so if anyone wants NG, it might still be there.

I was there in Emeryville at about 8AM. Only bought Shaman King GBA and Killer 7 PS2. They had a couple RE4 for GC, probably gone now.

Serramonte TRU (they put it all in a bin outside of RZone):
Project Snowblind
Bards Tale
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Dragonball Z
KOF
Razes Hell
Trivia Pursuit
Polarium
Feel the Magic
Madden 05
World Champ Poker

I only wanted Fatal Frame 2. They have the display cases, but I couldn't find it in the bin. I might try my luck at the SF TRU tomorrow.

No Fatal Frame 2 in the bins in SF TRU; I don't recall seeing it on the paper displays either. But I guess you could ask.

There wasn't anything noteworthy in the bins - there were DBZ sagas, ff: crystal chronicles, maximo, a couple of copies of rise to honor.

I did see tickets for FF1&2 (these were updated with lower price), Pikmin 2 and Golden Sun: Lost City were scattered around. Nothing for the PS2 at all - either the staff pulled them all or some guy cleaned it out. I found a copy of cold fear but I think I'm going to return it.

Did you guys see any Dynasty Warriors or Tekken?

Here's what I got at the TRU in Colma, CA (Serramonte TRU):

PS2:
Killer 7
Killzone

GC:
Resident Evil 4
Pikmin 2

Xbox:
Project Snowblind
Sid Meier's Pirates (x3)

I was going to try my luck at the TRU in SF, but after reading this thread, I guess going there would kinda be a waste of time.

Went back to Hayward Toys R US. They had a ton of Bloodrayne 2 copies there, about 20. They still had the lone copy of Ninja Gaiden and I saw a copy of Area 51.

I went back to the SF TRU and they updated some of the items.

Now they have tickets marked $9.98 for Killzone, transformers, one more copy of Delta ForceBlack Hawk Down.

It looks like all GBA final fantasy tickets are gone. They had some magic quest 3, these were still marked full price but rang up as $10. I was planning to pick it up to see if any CAG wanted it but the guy said he couldn't find it in stock and so I had to wait another 20 minutes to get a refund.

Some other green tagged items:
Van Helsing
Jeopardy (not sure if this is $10)
Crash Wrath of Cortex
Sonic games

I'm so jealous of all the CAGs who found the newer released games, but I guess all, except DDS, will be ~$10 sooner or later.

for all of you Bay Area CAGers checking out Emeryville TRU, have any of you seen Darkstalkers for PSP there? I've been looking for it.

San Rafael TRU has a handful of copies of,

Hamtaro: Ham Ham Games
Area 51
Killzone
Bloodrayne 2 (PS2- a whole lot)
Pikmin 2 (2-3 copies as of a handful of hours ago)
Romance of The Three Kingdoms (?) (1-2 copies)
Puffy Ami Yumi

and a bunch of other stuff. unfortunely no DDS, RE4, DOA: Ultimate, Pirates, Fatal Frame 2, or any of the OOP GBA titles.

San Jose - Oakridge Mall vicinity - at least 5 of each of Bloodrayne 2 and Doom 3 for XBox. Otherwise, appeared to be wiped out, I was somehow able to snag the last Fatal Frame II XBox and Killer 7 PS2 today at 3pm.

I might drop by TRU today just to check out what's left. I'm hoping there will be some good games left from the sale, but I'm not expecting much.

edit: I just came back from the Serramonte TRU and it looks like they restocked. I picked up Geist, Metroid Prime 2, and Final Fantasy 1&2 (1 copy each). As I was digging through the bin I found 5 more copies of FF1&2, and I wanted to pick up a few for CAGs here but I didn't have the funds. If you're looking for FF1&2, the Serramonte TRU has some.

emeryville TRU has tons of copies of FF1 & 2 so if you want it head down to emeryville, Hayward has also restocked on FF1 & 2 so if thats closer go there lol

[quote name='BeAt']emeryville TRU has tons of copies of FF1 & 2 so if you want it head down to emeryville[/QUOTE]

any other good games such as ninja gaiden and re4 left there?

i didnt see any re 4s for GC, ninja gaiden i dunno because i wasnt looking in the xbox section

I just went to the Emeryville TRU at about 2pm. THere were a few new titles on the bargin table:

A few copies of Robocop Xbox
1 copy of Chron of Riddick (I didnt know that this was on the table by mistake)
A few Gamecube Splinter Cells
A couple copies of BloodRayne 2 for xbox
1 FIFA soccer (I dont remember what system but it is not Xbox)
A few Gungrifon Xbox (Is this game any good?)
In the bin, there were a lot of GBA Operation Armor Liberty
1 copy of Project Snowblind

Damn, I never went by the Foster City TRU...I wonder if I should even bother, I haven't stepped in a TRU in years! A Growlanser would make it worth it, but what're the chances, I've been shafted by EVERY retail deal (eg: Best Buy).

[quote name='humidore']Damn, I never went by the Foster City TRU...I wonder if I should even bother, I haven't stepped in a TRU in years! A Growlanser would make it worth it, but what're the chances, I've been shafted by EVERY retail deal (eg: Best Buy).[/QUOTE]

I think it's worth it to drop by and see if the sale is even happening at your local TRU. The prices are too good to pass up and the games are awesome.

Foster City TRU: tons of Syphon Filters (from 2,3 & Omega Strain) and FF:CC's. A couple Metroid Prime 2's...so yeah, nothin.

Winchester (San Jose) has TONS of Final Fantasy: CC games and a load of Geist. The Blossom Hill (San Jose) also had a ton of Geists last I checked the rest is probably garbage.

This was in the past 3-4 days.

ive been to the daly city, sf, and san mateo TRU's none have fight night rd 2 for GC...has anyone been able to find this game...i might check the redwood city TRU, but thats an hour drive away

dude! I found Fight Night Round 2 at the Redwood City store last night! Last copy, and the disc may not be on the holder so it might be scratched, but I'm keeping it for myself anyway, so hopefully it's in good shape.

damn u got lucky..i would go to redwood city..but its an hour+ drive..i was planning to this week, but since u said it was the last one..i guess no point in going then

You want Geist?

Toys R Us
1082 Blossom Hill Rd (x Almaden Expressway)
San Jose, CA 95123
408-266-2600

has 9 more copies as of this afternoon.

anyone hit up on TRU lately?

they did a price drop on Polarium (DS). i just saw is today.

$ 9.99 for Polarium if you missed the $ 8.96 CC clearance.
not bad for an extra dollar, since i didn't get much $ 8.96 games. LOL

[quote name='topnotch97']anyone hit up on TRU lately?

they did a price drop on Polarium (DS). i just saw is today.

$ 9.99 for Polarium if you missed the $ 8.96 CC clearance.
not bad for an extra dollar, since i didn't get much $ 8.96 games. LOL[/QUOTE]

isn't that an old price drop? I remember Polarium, Retro Atari, Mr. Driller, and Bomberman all went for 9.99 all around the same time. I think it was earlier this year?

anyone seen copies of Metroid Prime (GC)? price at the shelves says $9.98, but no copies or stocks.

and also, does anyone know if TRU has Castlevania DoS(DS)? cos i saw one particular store with display boxes, but no copies. what's even weird is that it's on the locked glass storage by the register.

[quote name='topnotch97']anyone seen copies of Metroid Prime (GC)? price at the shelves says $9.98, but no copies or stocks.

and also, does anyone know if TRU has Castlevania DoS(DS)? cos i saw one particular store with display boxes, but no copies. what's even weird is that it's on the locked glass storage by the register.[/QUOTE]

it's actually procedure to keep all of the display copies of the games we don't have behind the register. so that when we get in the game, we can switch them out. also if we didn't do it this way, we'd have to store ALL of the display cases in boxes and then have to search them out when a game came in.

the particular TRU I work at (San Rafael), hasn't had Castlevania DoS in a very long time. Metroid Prime 1 we haven't had in over a year and a half. Metroid Prime 2 we clearanced out before X-Mas of last year if I remember right.

bread's done
Back