Chicagoland, Need XBOX 360 for a Gift?

hero_icon_rolemodel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was fortunate enough to get in on the 360 bundle availability at circuitcity.com yesterday (12/21). I chose the premium shipping and surprisingly the console arrived today. I really don't need a 360 at this time. I decided that since it's the holidays, rather than ebaying it and making hundreds of dollars, I'll sell it to someone at the same price I paid for it ($500). The bundle included the premium system (with hard drive/ remote/ headset/ etc $400) and an additional wireless controller ($50).

circuitcity.com sales breakdown
subtotal: $449.98
shipping: $21.30
total sales tax: $28.12
total current purchase: $499.40

If you feel that you really need to give a 360 for a gift (to someone else, not yourself) this year, PM me your story, and I'll choose one person to sell the bundle to for $500 plus any shipping charges and insurance. Also, if you have an ebay ID, I would like to check your feedback.

If you are willing to drive to Joliet and meet me at the mall, you can avoid shipping charges. I'll accept Paypal (through checking account and I'll wait until it clears before I ship) or cash (in person, $100s only).

If you need pictures of the unopened box, I can send them to you.

I'll PM the purchaser at the end of the day.

if i can pay in 48 lb. bag of nickels you've got a deal. seriously though, very generous offer i'm sure you'll have several responses (though i would suggest posting in the chicago thread as well).

I'm not interested in the system but I just wanted to say that it is very decent of you to not want to make a profit on the system. Not a lot of people would be willing to do the same.

your time for profit is over. the ebay window is closed for the holidays. the auctions are going off at close to retail. may as well rid yourself of it. p.s. lose the whole "TELL ME A SAD STORY" thing, and you'll get more offers.

[quote name='hero_icon_rolemodel']
If you are willing to drive to Joliet and meet me at the mall, you can avoid shipping charges. I'll accept Paypal (through checking account and I'll wait until it clears before I ship) or cash (in person, $100s only).

If you need pictures of the unopened box, I can send them to you.

I'll PM the purchaser at the end of the day.[/QUOTE]

Why the heck does a cash transaction need to be in $100s only???? I can't for the life of me figure that one out....

[quote name='loserboy']Why the heck does a cash transaction need to be in $100s only???? I can't for the life of me figure that one out....[/QUOTE]yeah, it sounds like a bad script for a drug deal on "chips".

[quote name='thagoat']your time for profit is over. the ebay window is closed for the holidays. the auctions are going off at close to retail. may as well rid yourself of it. p.s. lose the whole "TELL ME A SAD STORY" thing, and you'll get more offers.[/QUOTE]

I guess I missed the part where he was making profit, seems he said for what he paid for it. Maybe he's not like the some of the people on Ebay who really need to be kicked in the teeth.

[quote name='howlinmad']I guess I missed the part where he was making profit, seems he said for what he paid for it. Maybe he's not like the some of the people on Ebay who really need to be kicked in the teeth.[/QUOTE]my point was, it s too late to make a profit so he's selling it at face value. but a classy move anyway to let a cag have it.;)

Nobody made any offer and followed through with it, so I ended up doing the dreaded ebay thing. I was able to return the extra controller, so I ebay'd the system only. It ended up selling for $540, so I did end up making a profit. I charged the winner actual shipping costs ($18.60 for priority mail with insurance, tracking, and signature confirmation) so some of you can still be somewhat proud of me. The reason I wanted $100 bills was because I didn't want to count a bunch of fives and singles in a public place (hey, this is cheapassgamer).

bread's done
Back