Official San Diego Area CAG List

Which one? I went to morena blvd at 8, then grossmont around 8:30. Both were rather tame, especially compared to, probably, any day this week around 5 PM.

I live in San Diego but I go to UC Berkeley...so I kinda live in San Diego.

Currently chilling at Tea Stop in Mira Mesa/Scripps Ranch.

I went to the one on Morenta Blvd this afternoon and not only was is packed, but it also was nearly wiped out of anything but new releases and I found none of the sale games....

i was at the one at grossmont first thing this morning, but they didnt have crap. i managed to find a darkstalkers box, but then when i took it up to the register the guy was all 'sorry man we're sold out of those' -_-. lame.

reppin' chula vista right here.

i didn't hit up any toys r us's today. didn't really see anything i wanted that bad that i didn't already have.

any xbox 360 sightings at any best buy in san diego yesterday?

I was at the one on Morena at 7:30 AM, they didn't have much there but I got Def Jam 2, so I went to Chula Vista which I got Pikmin, Pirates, RE4, then I went to Grossmont and got Unreal Championship 2, Blood Rayne 2, and Wario Ware GC.

I got some DDS over at National City TRU...

I went to Morena TRU a lil' after opening and all the good stuff was already gone... I just picked up Ninja Gaiden...

Did anyone find Tekken 5s anywhere? I wanted another one for my collection lol.

Anyone here want competition in Tekken btw? I'll woop u up. :)

The TRU in Escondido has several Tekken 5s left on Thursday, the Mira Mesa store had 3 MK-D KE and the store off of L St in Chula Vista had several copies of Pirates and Psyconauts. Chula Vista pulled most of thier stock and had it in piles on the floor so you couldn't see it in the cases, so they still might have some games.

I met Nealocus(really cool Cagger) at Morena before 8:00(1st in line), we were shut out of RE 4's. I picked up DDS and Psychonauts. I already traded DDS for Sma. vs. Raw 06.

We then high tailed it over to Chula Vista and were in huge luck as they had 6 RE's and many mnay Pirates. To bad that no-one had any Conkers.

I have to say that this sale has to go down as one of the coolest ever.

The only other one I can compare it to is a Best Buy sale near the end of the DC run that netted $5 off 2 DC games. They had them on clearance so I bought 8 games for less then $40.

Getting games of RE quality for $10 is nothing short of amazing.

Just think, Nintendo, Genesis and Super Nintendo cartridges were $60 or more when they came out.

Heck, Virtua Racing was $80 when it first came out for the Genesis.

We are truly living in great video game times.

Indeed.

Thank god for CAG.

If anyone is near the Escondido area, can they confirm if there are any more Tekken 5s left? I need to get one as a gift for a friend...

Im in Temecula now, but was in Rancho Bernardo until last year. I am still in SD all the time though, as that's where my gf lives =)

i go to school at UCSD, but i'm at home in oxnard for the holidays... i stopped by the TRU here and picked up ff 1&2, SRS, Psychonauts, and Dynasty Warriors 5... didn't really have much of a good selection, but for $40, all of it was a steal... I hear from a friend that the mira mesa tru had crap, save for a couple pikmin 2s and a few doom 3s

I know as of yesterday(Friday), there were still some Doom 3s left at the National City Toys R' Us...

And some King of Fighters: Maximum Impact Maniax...

Reppin Linda Vista! I wonder if anybody except me lives there that's a CAG...

EDIT: I didn't hit up any TRU's at all, not worth fighting the crowd for some games (unless it was a 360 for cheap then it's on!!)

its nice to see some other cags from sd, i live in mira mesa, go to csusm, but didn't hit up any trus. hope the cags here got plenty of good stuff from tru and christmas, happy holidays.

As of yesterday, the TRU in Mira Mesa had a few FF 1 & 2 left. They're pretty much out of all other worthwhile $10 games though. I'm considering hitting up some other TRUs in the area after Christmas but I'm not sure if it'll be worth the gas money...

So anyone going out tomorrow?

I'm probably going to Best Buy in Mission Valley around opening to pick up DragonQuest VIII with a BB Gift Card I Got For Christmas.

I'll also be at the La Mesa TRU at opening (assuming they open at 10:00) to see if they have any of the new 4.98-9.98 Games.

My brother also wants to check out Fry's Tomorrow, so hopefully they'll have some kind of Video Game related deals.

Anyway, Happy Holidays San Diego Cags, and if you're going out shopping tomorrow, hope to see you there and good luck!

fuck man i wish i could spend some money right now... but i cant. i just got a 360 and im going to disneyland this week.

anyone on here from chula vista?

I stopped by the La Mesa TRU today and picked up what I believe were the last copy of King of Fighters Collector's Edition on PS2 and Wario ware inc. Mega Party Game$! on Cube. I also snagged a copy of the Wario ware inc. Mega Micro Game$! on Advance, which I believe there was one or two left after I got mine.

Just in case anyone missed it... there's a coupon going around for $10 off any game $29.99 or above from Best Buy... if you want more info or the coupon itself visit the videogame deals forum.

Looking forward to DoA4. Hopefully it arrives the first week of Jan. I'm aware that it might not ship tomorrow due to some XBL problems.

If anyone is having trouble getting Baten Kaitos at TRU for 9.99 in our area, I had no problem getting the cashier at the National City store to peel the Sticker UPC off and scan the original UPC.

They had at least 8 copies each of Geist and Baten Kaitos left.

i just found out about this deal last night and heard about the cheap ass gamer forums, and man was i glad to know there were deals at TRU. you guys took all the goodies but i was glad to sneak away with 8 decent games. thx guys!

[quote name='vietgurl']Does anyone know if any of the Walmarts in the area are gonna be selling 360s tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

NM my post.

Happy New Year everyone! Well, I've lurked around CAG occasionally in the past, and finally had the urge to register and post.

Anyway, I'm from Paradise Hills. :)

Oh snap, I'm in Paradise Hills too. MarkMan, any TRU's worthy of visiting for some PS2 goodness? I've been busy/lazy to hit any up since the big markdowns.

Yeah, I'm from the SD/CV area and I just heard about this TRU deal on the 29th. FOund out about this site the same day, and man you guys took everything!! I managed to pick up Doom 3, Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2, Killer 7, and Killzone. But anyway what a steal. Sure beats paying $59.99 for a damn X360 game. Thanks again guys.

The National City one is pretty bare since after Christmas... they have a few things though.

I haven't been out since Christmas really.

I've been at home playin fighting games with the homies lol... and tryin out some DoA4 on XBL.

Guitar Heroes is sold out in most places. I was lucky enough to buy it last Friday.

As far as I know, the Gamestop in National City (where I bought mine) had two more in stock. Also, my friend bought it in a Gamestop in Chula Vista on Saturday.

Your best bet is to call the Gamestops around you just to verify that it's in stock...Then go immediately. My friend and I did...And well, when he called CV Gamestop they had 5 in stock. He left right away and arrived with only 2 available.

But if it helps any (even if you're all the way in Mira Mesa), I can vouch for GH being sold out in: Best Buy (Chula Vista, Mission Valley, El Cajon), Walmart (Chula Vista, National City), Fry's, Gamestop/Planet X (Plaza Bonita Mall, Chula Vista-across from DMV).

Hope that helps!

FFMooglestar I saw your post regarding GG repriced at your work... any idea if any other GC stores in SD have them in stock? I really needed to get one of those...

[quote name='Melancholy']Guitar Heroes is sold out in most places. I was lucky enough to buy it last Friday.

As far as I know, the Gamestop in National City (where I bought mine) had two more in stock. Also, my friend bought it in a Gamestop in Chula Vista on Saturday.

Your best bet is to call the Gamestops around you just to verify that it's in stock...Then go immediately. My friend and I did...And well, when he called CV Gamestop they had 5 in stock. He left right away and arrived with only 2 available.

But if it helps any (even if you're all the way in Mira Mesa), I can vouch for GH being sold out in: Best Buy (Chula Vista, Mission Valley, El Cajon), Walmart (Chula Vista, National City), Fry's, Gamestop/Planet X (Plaza Bonita Mall, Chula Vista-across from DMV).

Hope that helps![/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm starting to kick myself for not picking it up earlier. Over a week ago, I saw a table with assorted accessories and found at least 5-6 copies of Guitar Hero and now I can't find one to save my life. This is another post-Xbox 360 addiction/hunt that I must finish.

Looks like I'm going to be constantly bugging Best Buy, GS and EB for the next couple of days, I'm just relying on BB the most for the $10 off coupon and I've heard of some Target sightings too.

^ Good luck, I'm sure you'll find one out there.

Does anyone know where I could find Popolocrois and Legend of Heroes (PSP) for *cheap*, new or used? I found a used Legend of Heroes for $35, but couldn't find Popolocrois. Just giving it a go here instead of getting it for retail price.

[quote name='MarkMan']FFMooglestar I saw your post regarding GG repriced at your work... any idea if any other GC stores in SD have them in stock? I really needed to get one of those...[/QUOTE]

I'm not too sure if any of the stores have them. The only advice I could give you is to call around. The Chula Vista store (E H St.) definitely does not have it as I picked up the only copy we had. Sorry I can't be much more of a help.

If anyone is still lookign for Guitar Hero for the PS2, I saw quite a few available at the Lemon Grove GameCrazy.

$69.99.

If anyone is interested, I spotted two copies of Shadow Hearts: Covenant for $13.96 and two copies of Eye Toy Groove for $3.96 at the Circuit City in National City. I had a copy of each in my hand but decided I wasn't in the mood for another RPG and I rarely use my Eye Toy due to a lack of space/lighting.

[quote name='Sway']If anyone is interested, I spotted two copies of Shadow Hearts: Covenant for $13.96 and two copies of Eye Toy Groove for $3.96 at the Circuit City in National City. I had a copy of each in my hand but decided I wasn't in the mood for another RPG and I rarely use my Eye Toy due to a lack of space/lighting.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I went ahead and picked up one of those copies of Shadow Hearts.

this thread is awesome.

hi don!
hi mark!

friends from norcal have been saying guitar hero is overstocked at fry's or something, not sure if it's true in SD.

East County/Santee here.

I work in La Mesa and the TRU over there is pretty much wiped clean.

bread's done
Back