Finally, a board game for the disgruntled African American (er Japanese)!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
bblife.jpg

I have no idea what Black & Bitter really is...sounds like a brand of coffee or something.

[quote name='CheapyD']

I have no idea what Black & Bitter really is...sounds like a brand of coffee or something.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Sounds like a Public Enemy album title.

um your title is wrong.

African Americans are Africans who moved into the U.S.
We are not African Americans considering that we were born in the U.S.

That goes for other races also.You dont see "white americans" labeled as European americans.

Just thought I would drop alittle knowledge.

[quote name='tyeman64']um your title is wrong.

That goes for other races also.You dont see "white americans" labeled as European americans.

Just thought I would drop alittle knowledge.[/QUOTE]
Shut up, no one cares.

That's true actually. That reminds me of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode "Gee Whiz". They were all talking about Jesus and Frylock said Jesus was a black man. A voice said "not acceptable" and Frylock said, I mean african-american. Meatwad said, "Jesus is american?" :lol:

Wait, what would be the "polite" title for black people, then? Black Americans? African-Descendant Americans?

[quote name='Moxio']Wait, what would be the "polite" title for black people, then? Black Americans? African-Descendant Americans?[/QUOTE]

There is none, you just can't win with some people.

[quote name='Moxio']Wait, what would be the "polite" title for black people, then? Black Americans? African-Descendant Americans?[/QUOTE]

I'm fine with black. I have never once used the term african-american to describe myself but if someone else wants to then fine. I think political correctness is out of hand at times with it.

probably not this

EDIT: linked post was editted...it contained the "n" word before being replaced with ninja

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']probably not this

EDIT: linked post was editted...it contained the "n" word before being replaced with ninja[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Yeah nigger is now auto blocked like fuck is.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I'm fine with black. I have never once used the term african-american to describe myself but if someone else wants to then fine. I think political correctness is out of hand at times with it.[/QUOTE]

I thought the correct term was Afro American, correct me if im wrong, ive heard it used quite a bit.

[quote name='Danro']I thought the correct term was Afro American, correct me if im wrong, ive heard it used quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure anymore. All the political correctness in this world is hard for me to follow. I wonder how it is in other countries like the UK and Canada?

people

Here's a fun thread. Let's each go around and each explain to one another how we, personally, would like to be reffered to ethnically that way no one will ever feel offended, ever.

i choose.... californian-american!

[quote name='tyeman64']

Well not exactly true. More often then not I've heard people described themselves as Italian Americans or Irish American even though they were born here. Even with people who are probably 2nd or 3rd generation American.

Personally, I always assumed that the designation of what type of American you were was in reference to where your heritage lies and not where you, personally are from. That's why I don't have an aversion to being labeled Asian American even though I was born here. But different strokes for different folks. :lol:

Abraham Lincoln once said that 'If you're a racist, I will attack you with the North' and these are the principles I carry with me in the workplace. ;)

/The Office

That is actually untrue. African-American refers not to people who emigrated here, but to their descendants as well.

Here's from Merriam Webster (African-American is defined as Afro-American)

Main Entry: Af·ro-Amer·i·can
Pronunciation: "a-frO-&-'mer-&-k&n
Function: noun
: an American of African and especially of black African descent
- Afro-American adjective

Here are some more:

Main Entry: An·glo-Amer·i·can
Pronunciation: "a[ng]-glO-&-'mer-&-k&n
: a North American whose native language is English; especially : an inhabitant of the U.S. of English origin or descent
- Anglo-American adjective

Main Entry: Asian-Amer·i·can
Pronunciation: -&-'m&r-&-k&n
: an American of Asian descent
- Asian-American adjective

Main Entry: Fran·co-Amer·i·can
Pronunciation: "fra[ng]-kO-&-'mer-&-k&n
: an American of French or especially French-Canadian descent
- Franco-American adjective

Interesting how many people's interpretations of what words actually mean are far from the truth...

In Japan, people would probably use "black" (def 4) or other more offensive words...

Main Entry: 2black
1 : a black pigment or dye; especially : one consisting largely of carbon
2 : the achromatic color of least lightness characteristically perceived to belong to objects that neither reflect nor transmit light
3 : something that is black: as a : black clothing b : a black animal (as a horse)
4 a : a person belonging to any of various population groups having dark pigmentation of the skin b : [size=-1]AFRO-AMERICAN[/size]
5 : the pieces of a dark color in a board game for two players (as chess)
6 : total or nearly total absence of light
7 : the condition of making a profit -- usually used with the -- compare [size=-1]RED[/size]

[quote name='1modernboy']Abraham Lincoln once said that 'If you're a racist, I will attack you with the North' and these are the principles I carry with me in the workplace. ;)

/The Office[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nice.

Nice job on spotting the pseudo-racism too Cheapy. :)

african american is a pretty bad term-- there are plenty of "white" african americans (dave matthews is a famous example) and not all black people are from africa. African american is running a close second to the term "hispanic."

but, who REALLY gives a shit? it's a technicality...like MrBadExample said, "people" works just fine.

anyway, funny stuff cheapy!

[quote name='Heyricochet']A) Wow that is a lot of text for a space in life.
B) The guy between the two rows of game spaces looks like Phoenix Wright[/QUOTE]

You are so right with B)

Originally Posted by rallen
One question about the game...

Can you play the 'race card'?

------------------------

that was funny:) , but the funniest by far was the 'mississippi' comment:lol: .

Greetings to all on this board, I represent Prosperity, a fairly new African American / Black / Afro-American / "People" boardgame that can be found at www.africanamericanboardgame.com

3778775.8c926d.jpg

1) Has anyone here played any "African American Board Games"?

2) Are there any 'professional boardgame reviewers' here?

3) We are looking for 'facilitators' (Prosperity pros) to teach people how to play Prosperity, if anyone is interested let me know.

I remember during my japanese exchange I had dinner round a friends place and she got the game of life out haha!

bread's done
Back