Should I buy a PO XBOX?

danny-o

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I just got the GMR with the coupon for it to be 99.99 plus a 20 mail in rebate. I would like an XBOX for a game or two but generally not very interested in it too much. How much is a new XBOX? and im not talking about any special edition garbage. How good is EB with PO systems?

If you're not going to use live you can always install the softmod and use emulators/homebrew/media center/backups. $80 is a nice deal, just make sure you pick one with a Samsung dvd-drive. You can tell from the serial # but I don't have the link here.

Will it be used or refurbished?

I like my xbox but really don't have very many games that aren't on PS2 or GC. Xbox Live is a good reason to get an Xbox. The online play is fun and exciting and is very easy to find someone to play with.

hey...we dont talk about emulators or roms...they are not supported on this site...and if you want to know about PO Xbox just search and youll find a crap load of threads about them...to lazy to find em

[quote name='sj41']Will it be used or refurbished?

I like my xbox but really don't have very many games that aren't on PS2 or GC. Xbox Live is a good reason to get an Xbox. The online play is fun and exciting and is very easy to find someone to play with.[/quote]

It has to be used. I guess I can try my old trick. Buy it PO and say it doesnt work well and get a refurb. And if thats not perfect, I can keep bitching and returning until the finally give me a new one. Thats what they did for my ps2 last year anyway. But the lady doesnt work there anymore I dont think. Just dumbass kids now.

[quote name='dafoomie']
hey...we dont talk about emulators or roms...

I didn't say how or where or with what. He asked for a reason to buy an Xbox and I gave him one.[/quote]

The only thing I really want for the XBOX is the SNES and maybe MAME. And I am really just asking if this system works well being PO or craps out like a PS2

It works better used than a PS2, a lot better. Just make sure which kind of dvd-drive it has before you buy it and it'll be fine. It's not like the PS2 with that common disc read error problem over time.

[quote name='dafoomie']It works better used than a PS2, a lot better. Just make sure which kind of dvd-drive it has before you buy it and it'll be fine. It's not like the PS2 with that common disc read error problem over time.[/quote]

How can I tell I got the good drive? I saw the post about the serial Number so How do I check?

bread's done
Back