OT- Blank DVD boxes for sets ?

KINGOFOOTBALL33

CAG Veteran
I know there was a thread awhiel back about LOTR:EE boxes for those who already had previous EE dvds.

Well I have a bunch of movies that I wont bother rebuying but can very much be put together as "SetS" myself ((i.e terminator 1-3 , all recent superhero movies in a "marvel universe set" kinda thing)). I would love to have pre made blank boxes so i can store my dvd cases in them. Id prefer white blank ones so I can add pics and such myself.

Anyone have any idea where I can get them ?

[quote name='KINGOFOOTBALL33']I know there was a thread awhiel back about LOTR:EE boxes for those who already had previous EE dvds.

Well I have a bunch of movies that I wont bother rebuying but can very much be put together as "SetS" myself ((i.e terminator 1-3 , all recent superhero movies in a "marvel universe set" kinda thing)). I would love to have pre made blank boxes so i can store my dvd cases in them. Id prefer white blank ones so I can add pics and such myself.

Anyone have any idea where I can get them ?[/QUOTE]

I've wondered the same thing and searched for months now trying to build a slipcase type solution for any anime series I collected the indidvidual volumes of. After a long time I found nothing and resigned to keeping them in larger 6 or 7 disk capacity DVD keep cases and just creating a cover art for them while ditching the old cases. Probably not what you were looking for but it is sort of an alternative.

The LOTR EE Box Slipcase was an official product from New Line. What you're talking about can simply be done by making your own boxes/slipcases out of heavy paper/cardboard.

It would be easy to do, just get some heavy stock paper and cut it out with tabs so you can glue a custom-fit case, then print some art out and slap it on the outside of the cardboard slipcase.

You know what really bothers me? the flimsy slipcase over the DVD case, with the same exact artwork on the slipcase as the case itself like Bambi, Kingdom of Heaven, King of The Cage 10-event set, PrideFC 5-event set, etc. I can't throw out the slipcase for "collector purposes", but I really don't like them. The LOTR:EE box I loved, it was very much worth the $2.95 shipping to have it....

[quote name='Kerig']You know what really bothers me? the flimsy slipcase over the DVD case, with the same exact artwork on the slipcase as the case itself like Bambi, Kingdom of Heaven, King of The Cage 10-event set, PrideFC 5-event set, etc. I can't throw out the slipcase for "collector purposes", but I really don't like them. The LOTR:EE box I loved, it was very much worth the $2.95 shipping to have it....[/QUOTE]

umm, Sin City standard edition anyone? preach on brotha, that shit is whack.

[quote name='Kerig']The LOTR EE Box Slipcase was an official product from New Line. What you're talking about can simply be done by making your own boxes/slipcases out of heavy paper/cardboard.

It would be easy to do, just get some heavy stock paper and cut it out with tabs so you can glue a custom-fit case, then print some art out and slap it on the outside of the cardboard slipcase.

You know what really bothers me? the flimsy slipcase over the DVD case, with the same exact artwork on the slipcase as the case itself like Bambi, Kingdom of Heaven, King of The Cage 10-event set, PrideFC 5-event set, etc. I can't throw out the slipcase for "collector purposes", but I really don't like them. The LOTR:EE box I loved, it was very much worth the $2.95 shipping to have it....[/QUOTE]

That seems like my last resort. Im going to look into which paperboard would be best and easiest.

lol and yes same print on both are downright retarded.

[quote name='scrapdawg02']http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/

and scroll down this page for terminator:
http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/sequels4.html[/QUOTE]

Hes great.

Spoke to him via email today. Apparently he makes his own boxes and doesnt know of anyone that sells those slipcases either. Who knows if its the truth but the thing is I want my own personal artwork. He said he can do that for me also ,but Ill have to see exactly how many ill need before doing a price request.

[quote name='KINGOFOOTBALL33']Hes great.

Spoke to him via email today. Apparently he makes his own boxes and doesnt know of anyone that sells those slipcases either. Who knows if its the truth but the thing is I want my own personal artwork. He said he can do that for me also ,but Ill have to see exactly how many ill need before doing a price request.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, never could get over the fact that he charges a sorta rediculous amount. $35 even for a metal box would be up there, I can normally buy a box with the movies in them for the same price or less.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']I dunno, never could get over the fact that he charges a sorta rediculous amount. $35 even for a metal box would be up there, I can normally buy a box with the movies in them for the same price or less.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I like the idea, but if you combine how much the box costs and selling your old dvds, I think you'd be close to getting the box set from the stuidos, which is more appealing to me.

bread's done
Back