Game Crazy - GameBoy Micro 20th Anniversary Edition for $90

D. Monic

CAGiversary!
Game Crazy is selling the Anniversary Edition GBA Micros for $89.99 each. They're $100 most every place else.

And overall, Game Crazy seems to have some good deals on accessories right now. On Monday, I bought two brand new MadCatz light guns for XB for $10 each (probably YMMV). So keep an eye out if you end up going.

Yeah, I picked one up last week from there. Plus it comes with a $10 off sticker on select games (a nice list to choose from too), so even better.

It was the famicom version that you are thinking of, as I saw one last week but I passed on it, since I just couldnt justify having 3 pieces of hardware to play the same iteration of games.

I show it to random customers, and they all say "oooooh, nice!" Even i was surprised at how nice it was. Of course, I imported for the better box, but anyway you put it its a NICE piece of hardware. Havent put it down since x-mas

Official site does mention that silver/black micros are $89.99 at participating retailers (doesn't list them, as far as I can tell, though).

edit: TRU.com is one of the retailers offering silver/black for $89.95. retro is not discounted, but available.

The design of this system is superb! I was going to buy the newer model SP (since the screen is bigger and brighter) but I can't pass this up...

Word to anyone getting it: Might sound silly, but if the Nintendo Sox are still on sale at TRU (can't remember if they stopped on 12/31 or not), they aren't a bad pick up at $2.50. I know they are really, REALLY silly (I mean, it's seroiusly just a sock), but I've found it works great if you just want to take the system with you alone without any accessories or additional games. You can slide it into your pocket easily and it travels very well.

I can't believe that I went from having no Micros to having 3 in less than a month. Damn you CAG and your campaign against my wallet.

(But not really.)

[quote name='Strell']Word to anyone getting it: Might sound silly, but if the Nintendo Sox are still on sale at TRU (can't remember if they stopped on 12/31 or not), they aren't a bad pick up at $2.50. I know they are really, REALLY silly (I mean, it's seroiusly just a sock), but I've found it works great if you just want to take the system with you alone without any accessories or additional games. You can slide it into your pocket easily and it travels very well.

I can't believe that I went from having no Micros to having 3 in less than a month. Damn you CAG and your campaign against my wallet.

(But not really.)[/QUOTE]

I will actually be buying those GBM socks if I get a GBM... it seems to be the best method for storing GBMs at the moment. I usually don't like leather/plastic around my system since heat can lead the material to wear off on the hardware.

The Pelican accessory set (that came with the Costco.com sale from last month) included a small black case, much like a cell phone, that works pretty well. You can find them at Gamestop and I think the set is $20, and it will come with a screen cleaner, earbuds, 2 game cases (the best item in the set), and screen protectors (which I avoided). The travel case fits the system and maybe one accessory, like the charger or 1 GBA game. It's really nice, actually, and very high quality from what I can tell. It has a belt clip on the back as well, something I might try to manually remove, but otherwise it's a great case if you want to go that route.

Here it is: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=802150

[quote name='Drexel923']Yeah, I picked one up last week from there. Plus it comes with a $10 off sticker on select games (a nice list to choose from too), so even better.[/QUOTE]

I will do you one better. It comes with 12 free game/movie rentals from Hollywood Video for 2006.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Do the US released ones come with the black pouch? I find that pouch can carry the system and 1 game quite well[/QUOTE]

Aye, they do.

Do you guys think the LE is big seller? I mean I already got an SP, and a DS. The only reason why I would want it, is because it's LE and it's so cool lookin. Ohh god, every time I see it I contemplate....

[quote name='abhinav']What is gamecrazy paying for a GBA SP? Can the Micro play GB and GBC games?[/QUOTE]

No only GBA.

It says on the website that "GBA Micro now only 89.99 at participating retailers"

I've got a Gamecube I've been meaning to trade in....VERY tempting to get one..

[quote name='Purkeynator']I will do you one better. It comes with 12 free game/movie rentals from Hollywood Video for 2006.[/QUOTE]

I completely forgot about that.

If I get atleast $25 for a Gamecube...I'm sold...

[quote name='uberzone']Am I the only one who thinks that the LE is fugly?[/QUOTE]

Have you seen it in person? I thought it looked ok in its own retro way...but in person its one sleek machine. The red and gold are done in such a fashion that they work with each other and not against.

[quote name='uberzone']Am I the only one who thinks that the LE is fugly?[/QUOTE]

Probably. :)

But seriously it is a cool design in the same way the NES SP is. Only this time they are mimicking the famicom instead of the NES. It's hella cool and if I didn't have a baby on the way (4 days!) I'd be all over this.

yeah i picked mine up the day we got them in at work. i didn't expect it to be so pretty. you get 12 free rentals when you buy any system at game crazy... new or used. it kinda of sucks that it's only one a month. but if you miss a month they can carry over to the next year.

bread's done
Back