ESPN NHL 2K5 for $19.99?

I thought the entire 2k5 line of ESPN games are only $19.99 to compete with EA games? Or was it supposed to be only with NFL 2k5?

There was a press release that seemed to indicate that ALL of the games, at least for this year anyway, are going to be $20.

i do see it over at gamestop for 50 bucks, so this might either be a mistake or a really good deal.

i hope it's only 20 bucks this year...its lookin like its gonna be a good year...2k4 was pretty good, but has a bad injury bug flaw in franchise mode...

yeah...i made several posts when they were taking suggestions for next year's game...i just hope they listened to the ones like that...you never know...i saw some stupid ones too...people saying they wanted a game where you could play as one player for a career and sit on the bench when it's not your shift and watch the game...what happens if you wanna be a goalie? or if you get a major injury? anyway...point is there were good ideas and lots of lame ideas...i hope they got it right, which from the previews it looks like they did

Sega announced that ESPN NFL 2K5 will have an msrp of $19.99. At no point did they mention a lower price for any of their other sports titles. They lowered the price on NFL to try and compete more with Madden. Their other sports titles haven't suffered from the same trouble because none of the other sports had an entrenched title like Madden eating up 2/3rds of the market. For the moment, all of the ESPN sports titles other than NFL will have the full msrp of $49.99. It is my opinion that CD Universe probably misunderstood Sega's announcement about NFL 2k5, thinking it applied to all their titles when in reality it only applied to the NFL. That is more than likely the case. If not, than it is just a really good deal.

[quote name='daphatty']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18613[/quote]
Thats for NFL not NHL 2k5...

Anyhoo, I fixed the links in the OP.
I'm all over this at $20, hopefully it is indeed universal.

I emailed the PR person at Take-Two, but have not heard back yet.

i preordered it from gamestop last week when i got spiderman. total price will be 14.99 plus tax after my five dollars down. at least thats what dude told me. if i find out otherwise im bringing my water bottle and going eagle on him. = /

I hope they are all $20 too, but the fact that Take-Two or Sega has yet to say anything official about it all leaves me with some doubts. You'd think if they wanted to really outsell EA in all sports they'd play it up a bit more.

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']I hope they are all $20 too, but the fact that Take-Two or Sega has yet to say anything official about it all leaves me with some doubts. You'd think if they wanted to really outsell EA in all sports they'd play it up a bit more.[/quote]

I think they might be waiting to see how NFL 2k5 sells. I think this is another reason why they pushed the release date up, so they have more time to see if its worth it to sell the other games at such a steep discounted price. I bet if NFL 2k5 sells well all the other games will follow in price.

It's never been said that the official price of ESPN NHL 2K5 will be $19.99, but I'll be happy when Gamestop.com shows it. They usually offer free overnight shipping and stuff.

grrrr...Bestbuy still doesnt have this listed on their site.

I wanna go there and use the $5 GGC when it comes out, they better have it there...

All games released from Sega sports this year will be $19.99 largely due to the fact that Take-two is now publishing the games in america which is costing them close to nothing so in the end we end up winning. So all the games apparently are going to be 19.99 i read it on gamespot.com i can't find the article i'll continue looking for it though

mn

bread's done
Back