Why was my topic locked?

Eggplant_Wizard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
I didn't know where else to post this, but I posted a topic called "ESPN NHL Hockey for $19.99?" and it was locked. Someone directed me to another thread and the front page. The thread was about NFL, not NHL. A few people in the thread said they hope NHL is $19.99, but that's it. The front page was also about NFL. There was no mention of NHL. Now the thread is locked. I don't see the reason for doing this because it was a legit thread.

agreed. I didnt understand why they were saying that its been covered since this is a new deal. I say you just continue the discussion here.

i think when a mod locks a thread, thay should post "locked" in it as the final message, so people know who locked it, so if u have a question you can just PM them about it.

[quote name='punqsux']i think when a mod locks a thread, thay should post "locked" in it as the final message, so people know who locked it, so if u have a question you can just PM them about it.[/quote]

that sounds like a real good idea

just so you guys know, i said that idea before ACTULLY reading the thread in question, where it is perfectly obvious that daphatty locked it.

but i still feel mods should announce it as locked, but in this case, it wasnt too hard to tell.

[quote name='punqsux']just so you guys know, i said that idea before ACTULLY reading the thread in question, where it is perfectly obvious that daphatty locked it.

but i still feel mods should announce it as locked, but in this case, it wasnt too hard to tell.[/quote]

DaPhatty be lock happy?? Noooo say it isn't so.

I've been lobbying for months for mods to be more active in locking duplicate threads, but that was assuming they'd lock the threads that were actually duplicated.

[quote name='Zombie'][quote name='jmcc']edit: removed because of redundancy.[/quote]

I haven't found the redundant part yet. :?[/quote]

He prolly posted a link but found that it was already posted.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I've been lobbying for months for mods to be more active in locking duplicate threads, but that was assuming they'd lock the threads that were actually duplicated.[/quote]

but what would we do without 8 driv3r and 12 megaman topics?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I've been lobbying for months for mods to be more active in locking duplicate threads, but that was assuming they'd lock the threads that were actually duplicated.[/quote]

Ah, so we have you to blame.

Reading through quickly, instead of being locked, it should have been moved to game deal discussions and bragging rights. Only because it's rumored to be a universal price and the hockey game hasn't been brought up as much as football.

I have an update for my original thread. I e-mailed CDU and they said they'll honor the price as long as that's the price it was when you ordered. You can cancel right on their page if it does end up being $19.99 everywhere, so it's all good. :)

i really hope nhl is 20 base price, because i could care less about football, ill pick it up when its 10 or less, but nhl 2k5 day of release 15$ with ggc would be SWEET!

*hopes nfg dosent see me talking about the GGC*

I did nothing different than what CheapyD does. I posted the link to the original ALL ENCOMPASING thread and locked yours. It's nothing personal. Just the way it's supposed to be. It's not done enough around here as others have pointed out in this thread. But seeing has how people have taken to flaming me for doing what I'm supposed to do, I'm only going to get involved with the clear cut cases.

Like I said, it's nothing personal. Just business.

[quote name='daphatty']I did nothing different than what CheapyD does. I posted the link to the original ALL ENCOMPASING thread and locked yours. It's nothing personal. Just the way it's supposed to be. It's not done enough around here as others have pointed out in this thread. But seeing has how people have taken to flaming me for doing what I'm supposed to do, I'm only going to get involved with the clear cut cases.

Like I said, it's nothing personal. Just business.[/quote]

i doubt people were seriously flaming you for it, all in fun and stuff ^^
but this thread was about hockey, and there was no other thread about it, and this one had a link to the only known place on the net selling it for 20 bucks, as i said, i could care less about football, so i didnt read that other topic

I don't mean any offense either, but I agree. It's a totally different game that was mentioned, but wasn't discussed in any real length in the first thread, so I don't see how it was all-encompassing. Also like Punq said it contained a deal which wasn't anywhere else. Perhaps merging the threads somehow (if the mods have the ability) would be a good solution.

You really need to take this less personally Zombie.. its not that big a deal. I agree it shouldn't have been locked.. but as Daphatty said, its nothing personal.

I know it's nothing personal, but the reason for locking it is/was wrong. I don't think many people are going to go into a thread about football to find the latest hockey news. NFL was dropped to $19.99 everywhere around the same time. NHL is only $19.99 at CDU, so I posted about a potentially awesome deal if it ends up being an error. I was just offering some constructive criticism for future thread lockings.

bread's done
Back