V for Vendetta

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
I just saw the preview for this movie last night before Hostel. It looks awesome and I'm definitely pumped to see it but I cant say I've ever heard of it before (it appears to be derived from a comic book series). Is anyone a fan of this comic or know alot about it? And for those of you that have seen the previews, what are your thoughts and opinions on how the movie will be?

I'm sure it will be as great as every other Alan Moore movie. Especially with both Wachowskis on board.

[quote name='Maklershed']I just saw the preview for this movie last night before Hostel. It looks awesome and I'm definitely pumped to see it but I cant say I've ever heard of it before (it appears to be derived from a comic book series). Is anyone a fan of this comic or know alot about it? And for those of you that have seen the previews, what are your thoughts and opinions on how the movie will be?[/QUOTE]

Do yourself a favor. Go out and buy the graphic novel. Now. It is seriously top-notch stuff.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Do yourself a favor. Go out and buy the graphic novel. Now. It is seriously top-notch stuff.[/QUOTE]

V is absolutley top notch. Alan Moore is a master.

And while your out, buy a couple 100 Bullets graphic novels.

I'd assume Watchmen would be right next to V, making the proper purchase that much easier.

[quote name='jmcc']I'd assume Watchmen would be right next to V, making the proper purchase that much easier.[/QUOTE]

Unless they arrange graphic novels according to title or character (ie all Batman books together, etc.)

[quote name='jmcc']I'm sure it will be as great as every other Alan Moore movie. Especially with both Wachowskis on board.[/QUOTE]

Eh.... Well, truth be told, few (if any) of the movies based on Alan Moore's work had his explicit approval. IIRC, when League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was being made, Moore said he specifically did not want any part of it. I don't know about From Hell though. And I remember there was a bit of drama w/ the exec producer & Moore concerning Moore's endorsement. If Watchmen gets made, I hope to any deity out there that Uwe Boll doesn't get his grubby lil mitts on it.:cry:

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Unless they arrange graphic novels according to title or character (ie all Batman books together, etc.)[/QUOTE]
Even by title, how many other "v" titles are there?

[quote name='jaykrue']Eh.... Well, truth be told, few (if any) of the movies based on Alan Moore's work had his explicit approval. IIRC, when League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was being made, Moore said he specifically did not want any part of it. I don't know about From Hell though. And I remember there was a bit of drama w/ the exec producer & Moore concerning Moore's endorsement. If Watchmen gets made, I hope to any deity out there that Uwe Boll doesn't get his grubby lil mitts on it.:cry:[/QUOTE]
Oh, I'm aware. I was being quite sarcastic. On a related note, though, I wonder if the one Wachowski brother has finished up becoming a woman yet.

[quote name='jaykrue']Eh.... Well, truth be told, few (if any) of the movies based on Alan Moore's work had his explicit approval. IIRC, when League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was being made, Moore said he specifically did not want any part of it. I don't know about From Hell though. And I remember there was a bit of drama w/ the exec producer & Moore concerning Moore's endorsement. If Watchmen gets made, I hope to any deity out there that Uwe Boll doesn't get his grubby lil mitts on it.:cry:[/QUOTE]

You're right, he's vocal about not supporting any of the movies based on his work. I remember him saying the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen would suck, and lo, it did. He's already distanced hiself from this one too, and considering what the Wachowski...siblings... did with the Matric, I'm quite pensive about the whole thing.

[quote name='jmcc']Oh, I'm aware. I was being quite sarcastic. On a related note, though, I wonder if the one Wachowski brother has finished up becoming a woman yet.[/QUOTE]

Hehe. Sorry, sarcasm is difficult to read when there's no voice to go w/ it. :lol:

[quote name='jmcc']Even by title, how many other "v" titles are there?[/QUOTE]
Well there's the new new series, "Very Superman", he's 20% more indestructable.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Well there's the new new series, "Very Superman", he's 20% more indestructable.[/QUOTE]

Plus, have you ever visited a Barnes and Noble graphic novel section? I worked there for a while, and let me tell you, no one give a shit what order the graphic novels are in, so long as they're on the shelf.

The movie got great reviews over on Aint it Cool News. Apparently the only Alan Moore adaptation that hasn't been messed up, even though he disapproved of it.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the recommendation and to recommend to anyone who hasnt gotten it yet to check it out. The movie is gonna be awesome but something tells me it wont trump the novel.

Also, can anyone recommend any more good graphic novels?

[quote name='Maklershed']

Also, can anyone recommend any more good graphic novels?[/QUOTE]

Like more Alan Moore stuff or just in general? Do you have certain tastes in comics or are you open to just about anything?

[quote name='Maklershed']I just wanted to thank everyone for the recommendation and to recommend to anyone who hasnt gotten it yet to check it out. The movie is gonna be awesome but something tells me it wont trump the novel.

Also, can anyone recommend any more good graphic novels?[/QUOTE]

Which ones have you read already?

Any of Neil Gaiman's Sandman stories are good. And everyone needs to read Frank Miller's 'The Dark Knight Returns' before they die. There's also J.O'Barr's 'The Crow' and I personally enjoyed Kevin Smith's Daredevil storyarch, which is out in trade paperback.

[quote name='Maklershed']Doesnt need to be Alan Moore. I'm open to anything. And I dont really have a taste in comics.[/quote]

i suggest picking up some 100 Bullets graphic novels. AMAZING!
batman: the long halloween is also very good.

bread's done
Back