CAGcast #15: 2006 - The Year of the CAG

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Back from our New Year's break, we discuss the latest releases and gaming news, CAG news and video game deals, Xbox 360 reviews (Condemned, Outpost Kaloki x), Logitech hardware reviews (360 Harmony Remote, Z-5500 5.1), your questions from the CAGbag, and more!

iTunes (review us!)
Download - 50 minutes, 23MB

Past CAGcasts

CAGcast Spoilers below!

Show Companion Materials

CAGcast News Blast topics
Bloodrayne Movie Released to Awful Reviews/ Distribution Error
Blind Gamer Takes Skills to Japan
Bill Gates Talks Xbox 360 with Engadget
Forrest Research Report on Gaming Industry

CAG Video Game Deals/News
New Front Page Layout
Shrike Stops Stolen Goods Trader
Cheapy Awards Nominations Open
EB Games Winter Sale 1/13-1/22

Other
Wombat's Outpost Kaloki X Review

The theater that I work at was one of the many that received Bloodrayne but was not set to show it. What a joke.

If you can fix those little parts where you can only hear about half of what Cheapy says, it'll be even better than it usually is. Also, have you guys thought about little music/sound clips to kind of help signify your transitions to other parts of the show? Even just playing the Zelda music would be cool.

Even with those small issues, it's another great show. Keep up the good work and hopefully we won't have to "suffer" two weeks without the CAGcast.

here are some kind words from Stay, the lead programmer at Ninja Bee, makers of Outpost Kaloki X;

Haha... Very funny stuff! Also, it got really gross in the middle, with axes to the face and whatnot. So, you know, bonus!

Thanks a ton for the positive review in the podcast! That was great! I think I'm the only one here who has listened to it so far, but I'm sure everyone will check it out pretty quick... Maybe Jeremy has already heard it.

Regarding "Hooray for Microsoft for that!": I agree! Hooray for Microsoft for giving companies this size the time of day. Smile

-- stay

I'm really enjoying the podcast - thanks for taking the time to do them.

I played through Condemned through the first complete chapter and just wasn't feeling it. From the sound of the review, things don't change much - I think GameFly will be getting this back shortly.

In an effort of clarification about the add-on HD-DVD for the 360:

HD-DVD is a next generation format set to compete against BluRay. It is not referring to watching today's DVDs in high definition. Obviously, there aren't any details, but essentially, the add-on would give the 360 the capability to play media distributed in the new format (WB is releasing movies as early as March of this year). I strongly suspect that it will really only be good for non-interactive media, and it's only to feature-match the PS3's built-in BluRay player. I'd expect it to cost less than a stand-alone HD-DVD player, but who knows what sort of performance, features, or quality it will have.

What I think Gates was saying, though, is that all 360 games are being developed in DVD-9 (current technology), and that's the spec. In the event that some future iteration of the hardware makes the add-on obsolete by integrating the drive into the machine itself, those games would still be playable.

He's hinting that you also would not have to upgrade to play any games, but obviously won't outright say it, lest he be quoted a year from now.

So yeah, anyway. Keep up the good work.

The show continues to not suck. There's a lotta hustle out there, and I like that. Good job, guys!

Cagcasts are friggin great! I just burn them to cd and listen to them in the car. :D

I'm going to grab the demo of Outpost Kaloki x later tonight.

bread's done
Back