New Independent Game Store (Austin)

Dr Mario Kart

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Theres a new independent Game Store in town (Who opens one in this day and age, right?).

Its called 'Game Over' (clever name, considering what indy game stores normally end up doing). An EB employee directed me there when I had asked about older games. This store specializes in very old stuff, but they do technically carry bits of everything up to current gen.

I always found some crazy good deals at Gamezone before they went under, and whenever I travel I always enjoy visiting Indy game stores if and when they exist.

http://www.gameovervideogames.com/
[They do trade-ins by mail o_O]

The place was tricky for me to find personally, but I'm bad at that sort of thing.

Not too much that interested me that much, because there wasnt that much newer stuff. I did notice one of the cases had some import stuff, like DS games and some of the older Final Fantasy's.

Since I dont know the values of some of the older titles, I really dont know if they're a good deal or not, but I think its worth a look.

AM Radio Voice ::And tell them Dr Mario Kart sent ya::

Heh, they have a nice Microsoft Frontpage web site.

I wish these type of places success, but it's hard to compete with EB/Gamestop.

you cant compete with eb/gamestop as a store like this. I worked at one last year, and even though the nearest gamestop was a near 20 miles away, every mom who came in with their kid to trade games in would take down a list of trade in credit (my boss loved to low ball people, he told me to offer a kid with san andreas 5 bucks...and he took it, what on earth...) But anyhow, the moms would take down the list, and drive 20 miles in their vans using two gallons of gas just to get 2 more dollars trade in credit.

We have a few of the independent owned game/cd/video stores around the Memphis area, and I always go there first before heading to EB/GS, Best Buy, or really anywhere else. I'd rather support these guys. I'd rather buy a used DVD, game, or music CD with their peel off price sticker, than the massive "OMG TEH EXCTNG" stickers from retail stores.
They will start to remember you, and help you out on trades and such, knock off a few bucks here and there. Not to mention usually nicer, since they have to rely on word of mouth and reputation, not some corporate bankroll that has a store open no matter what.

Usually a used newer game at EB is what, 5 bucks off? VS $45, I'd rather pay around $36 myself. :)

Since they are mostly the used market, they are spotty sometimes with what they have, but help these smaller stores when you can guys. It will only benefit us all in the long run.

been there. great place. kinda small. gamefellas is a bit better, but gameover has that mom and pop feel. plus they have tons of nes games.

bread's done
Back