Mario Shills for Parco Department Store

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I'd like to think that Mario was above this sort of thing, but I guess he's not.
I blame Princess Peach and her expensive tastes for forcing Mario to whore himself out like this.

Click through to the Parco Department Store website and press the button that looks like this to watch a short video that is guaranteed to destroy your childhood.

I learned about this promotion through this ad, found on the subway:
marioshills.jpg

that is the most depressing thing i have ever seen. its like a ba bomb with reebok on its shoes. therefore, i blame bob hoskins.....again. at least luigi still has some integrity and wont sell out.

[quote name='Timothyx']that is the most depressing thing i have ever seen. its like a ba bomb with reebok on its shoes. therefore, i blame bob hoskins.....again. at least luigi still has some integrity and wont sell out.[/QUOTE]
and of the two brothers he's in better shape, so one would think they would seek out the non-pudgy brother to save the kingdom.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Oh that wasn't so bad. Now when I saw Mario and Ronald McDonald together, that was creepy.[/QUOTE]

For a moment I was wondering why he was playing an SP with a Mario Kart DS sign in the back...and then I relized he was holding a DS and his hands are the size of small children

[quote name='thorbahn3']Oh that wasn't so bad. Now when I saw Mario and Ronald McDonald together, that was creepy.

mario_ronald.jpg
[/QUOTE]

How did he press buttons with those huge fingers? And it looks like he could eat small children!

ha ha ha, that's great. Then again, lots of famous celebrities who wouldn't whore their images so blatantly in America have no problem with shilling for all kinds of shit in Japan. Maybe it's water...or the sashimi...

According to a comment on Joystiq, "Mario is a whore these days.

With that said, Mario is not promoting a department store... well, sort of. The Parco department store has a museum on its top floor that showcases recent pop&culture trends/icons. Mario was actually an exhibit held there for it's 20th (?) anniversary.

Posted at 1:25PM on Jan 12th 2006 by Darwin"

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/01/12/mario-pimped-for-love-of-mammon/#c923920

Don't know if it's true, but that's what was said.

[quote name='gunm']ha ha ha, that's great. Then again, lots of famous celebrities who wouldn't whore their images so blatantly in America have no problem with shilling for all kinds of shit in Japan. Maybe it's water...or the sashimi...[/QUOTE]
I really don't think this is all that bad. Anyone else remember how Mario was EVERYWHERE in the late eighties and early nineties? The TV show, the cereal, the underwear...those make this look tame in comparison. :)

bread's done
Back