x rocker chair clearance @ Walmart

deadlite

CAGiversary!
Hey I just picked up the x rocker video game chair at walmart for 40.00.

I got it mainly for ds and psp and I must say lumines ROCKS with this chair.

However the headphone to audio jack adapter doesn't fit the ds very well so you may want to pick up a different one at a radio shack or something.

Burlington Iowa I guess it might not be chainwide. I know they had a ton of them and they just went on clearance here so maybe give it a week.

Yeah, they're still $70 at my store... but we have over 80 left in stock, so I expect them to go down again.

$40 is a great deal on these though...

Personally, if it's the chair that I remember, I hated the thing. It wasn't very comfortable and one of the times it flipped me over backwards. If you like the chair though, $40 is a good price for it.

$70 at my local Wal-Marts a few days ago...It looks decent, with built-in speakers and headphone jacks. $40 IS a great price though.

Where is this chair located in the store??? I was there today and could not find it. I checked electronics and near the games, but no go. It could just be sold out already.

I'm going to have to pass by my Walmart and see if it's the same price. Looks pretty good even if I'm going to be basically playing on the floor.

Sorry Charliee I just checked the other forum and you were the one who posted first but I did see it for that price before then. But credits all yours if you want it. :applause:

It's $70 at my Wal-Mart. I've been keeping an eye on them for awhile now. We have 11 on hand and 12 being shipped to us and these things are not selling at all. So I'm thinking these will be marked down soon.

Just checked and it's $70. The way that Walmart marks down their merchandise, I wouldn't be surprised if it took about another year or so before it got to the $40 that the OP mentioned.

It's too bad that it's not $40.00 everywhere cause for that price it really is pretty cool.

Also I played a few games and watched Batman Begins ( a good 3 hours total) and never got cramped or uncomfortable.

I believe they were $50-60 at the Wal-Mart closest to me in Indy last time I checked. They had about 50 of them though, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them clearanced further.

[quote name='deadlite']It's too bad that it's not $40.00 everywhere cause for that price it really is pretty cool.

Also I played a few games and watched Batman Begins ( a good 3 hours total) and never got cramped or uncomfortable.[/QUOTE]
Hey deadlite, how is the subwoofer on the chair? It's the main reason I'm interested in buying one at $40. I think it'll be a cool addition to my home theater surround for playing games and watching movies.

"Jump into the game with XboX Revolution, PlayStation2, Game Cube, Gambeboy or any other games"

Woah sweet the xbox revolution! when did that come out??

the subs not bad for handhelds and whatnot, but I don't think it would be all that much of an upgrade for your home theaters powered subwoofer. Unless your looking to enhance your experiance by "feeling" the rumble directly on your back.

[quote name='Deadpool']3 Watt speakers?! That can't be right...[/QUOTE]

Yes I'm sure it is right. Most boom box type radios only have 3 watt speakers in them. You can make cheap speakers that sound ok on low power. It's when you what really good sound that speakers are made that require more power.

As a heads up -- in my Wal-Mart Supercenter (Starkville, MS) they have a large stack of the rocker chairs at the front of the store, by the farthest right checkout counter (the highest numbered one). Ours were $50 IIRC. Between that, the $250 DVD recorder marked down to $80, Donkey Konga Jungle Beat w/ Bongos for $20, and a 160GB Seagate HDD for $50 (5 year warranty on it) -- it's the first good clearance deals I've seen at our Wal-Mart in ages.

[quote name='DrHogie']As a heads up -- in my Wal-Mart Supercenter (Starkville, MS) they have a large stack of the rocker chairs at the front of the store, by the farthest right checkout counter (the highest numbered one). Ours were $50 IIRC. Between that, the $250 DVD recorder marked down to $80, Donkey Konga Jungle Beat w/ Bongos for $20, and a 160GB Seagate HDD for $50 (5 year warranty on it) -- it's the first good clearance deals I've seen at our Wal-Mart in ages.[/QUOTE]

Wow, i am actualy more interested in the DK W/ bongos then this deal.
Isnt the chair a little bit uncomfortable without arm rests?

We got a ton at the walmart i work at. Its the one enar the huntington mall in WV. Big end cap of them in housewares across from the toy section.

[quote name='Pinnacle']We got a ton at the walmart i work at. Its the one enar the huntington mall in WV. Big end cap of them in housewares across from the toy section.[/QUOTE]

Are they on clearance for $40 or $70 like most walmarts?

[quote name='sevdustflyer']"Jump into the game with XboX Revolution, PlayStation2, Game Cube, Gambeboy or any other games"

Woah sweet the xbox revolution! when did that come out??[/QUOTE]

Thats classic right there...

Like when I saw a printed ad in Kmart for a Sony Gameboy (well before the PSP was out)

[quote name='Pinnacle']We got a ton at the walmart i work at. Its the one enar the huntington mall in WV. Big end cap of them in housewares across from the toy section.[/QUOTE]

What's the price? I'm going to Huntington tomorrow,..

They have quite a few at the Pontiac, IL Wal-Mart, but they are $70. (Between the electronics and furniture section...)

Anyone who has purchased one of these chairs for $40, could you please post a scan or picture of your receipt? I would like to use it to try to price match at my local Walmart (where the chairs are still $70).

I'll try to scan a copy but not sure how to post a pic. Hope it works.
lastscan.jpg

bread's done
Back