Questtion for those of you who have used a Skip Dr

Most folks will recommend you avoid it. I used it way back when I worked at a video store. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

it's good for music cds. its worked on games before but i would kick your ass if you used it on one of mine. not that i have any games that are scratched, but it does the job if the scratches aren't too bad.

I have one. I've only used it one time so far, but it fixed my Shrek DVD that wouldn't play at all before. I haven't used it since because people have told me they've had problems with it, but if a disk is already unplayable, I figure I might as well give a shot.

I have the MOTORIZED one and it works MUCH better than the handcrank one. The handcrank one did not repair two DVD-9s in my collection, and they were rare DVDs, so I invested $69 in the complete motorized package and not only did it fix the DVD-9s (thereby paying for itself) but I also used it to fix a GameCube disc with the included ring adapter. So I highly recommend the motorized version.

One of my friends had a handcrank one and a couple years ago I tried it on two of my CD's that were skipping - one hasn't skipped to this day, the other I had to replace last year. So the results are mixed.

And as someone mentioned stores won't buy CDs that someone has used a Skip Dr. on.

I'd skip it... and yes, that pun was intended. :lol:

For CD's, it's a charm and i suggest it. Especially if there's a motorized version. Less chance of error.
Aviod w/ games, since u can't trade them in. However, they did work on a scratched FF7 disk i rented at BB years ago

bread's done
Back