Favorite video game devolper?

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
For me their truly is too many, but if i had to say it would be between Namco, squaresoft, capcom, and Nintendo. Probably Nintendo first followed by Squaresoft and capcom and namvo as last.

First off Capcom is a horrible developer. they make a good game and then make it bad. I.E Devil May Cry and Resident Evil, and lets not forgot Onimusha. Sega also is not as good as they used to. Lets see Sonic Heroes. Billy Hatcher, Phantasy Star, WOW those are some good games. The two best developers that i know of are Ubi Soft and Nintendo. Ubi Soft with games like FarCry, Prince Of Persia. Beyond Good & Evil, Splinter Cell. Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, need i say more. Nintendo these guys are the gods of games, Mario, Metroid, Star Fox. Pikmin, F zero, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Pokemon, and my personal favorite game series The Legend of Zelda.

[quote name='NateWhs152']First off Capcom is a horrible developer. they make a good game and then make it bad. I.E Devil May Cry and Resident Evil, and lets not forgot Onimusha. Sega also is not as good as they used to. Lets see Sonic Heroes. Billy Hatcher, Phantasy Star, WOW those are some good games. The two best developers that i know of are Ubi Soft and Nintendo. Ubi Soft with games like FarCry, Prince Of Persia. Beyond Good & Evil, Splinter Cell. Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, need i say more. Nintendo these guys are the gods of games, Mario, Metroid, Star Fox. Pikmin, F zero, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Pokemon, and my personal favorite game series The Legend of Zelda.[/quote]

I'll admit that Capcom knows how to run a series into the ground. But at least they produce good games. How many companies release only crap? And Sega still makes some amazing games. Panzer Dragoon Orta?

Oh, i forget to include my separate favorite devlopers. For instance, Shegeru Miyamoto, Sid Meir, American McGee, John Carmack, john Romero, ed boon, (really there's too much to list, i've like studied these people, but anyways), yu Suzuki, can't think of his name but the game from Team Ninja that does DOA, Hideo Kojima, and PEter Molyneux. If anymore come to mind i'll tell you guys.

This topic can be for anything, specific companies or particular devolpers themselves. Whoever or what ever you like.

sega makes some good games like panzer dragoon orta. But they should not be on a list great developers. Same with Capcom. Honestly how did they mess up mega man. Are u going to buy mega man battle network transmition blue/white 4 card battle revolution i mean come on

remedy, atari
Ea (and I am will be a fanboy but the new 007 is awesome)

anyone thats says rockstar should get smacked they made 1 good series (GTA) and one good idea (red dead)

[quote name='Sheik Rattle Enroll']Actually red dead revolver wasn't rockstar's idea, they bought the rights from Capcom if i remember correctly.[/quote]

Yeah, it was something like that. Capcom was developing RDR for a while and decided to toss the project because they felt it wouldn't have been profitable once it made its way to the market. Rockstar bought it up, either from Capcom or from the individual developer, and finished the project up.

Sega and Nintendo are at the top of the heap. They deserve to be. Bungie is great, as is Bioware... Tecmo has some awesome stuff (Ninja Gaiden and DOA)...

As for Capcom--these guys know how to make a fucking videogame when they try to (see Viewtiful Joe, Devil May Cry, or MvC 2), and I have the utmost respect for the gaming company. The problem is that, as has been stated before, they rehash old crap as new, rather than coming up with incredible, high-quality titles. Nothing wrong with a franchise or anything, but Megaman is just the same old half-hearted crap in a new box. Capcom, I still love the bluebomber to death, so give me a high-quality, excellent Megaman X game (finish the damn series already) or a new Legends game. Please?

Atlus and Working Designs.... just to go off the beaten path a little. Not so great now, but on the PS they ruled.

bread's done
Back