Ps2 Wireless Racing Wheel w/Pedals $19.99($14.99 after ggc) at Best Buy

captaincold

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Ok this is it:

Datel Brand PS2 Wireless Racing Wheel with Pedals for $19.99, of course i got it for $14.99 with the GGC.

Here's a link to a pic of it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=88433&item=5583177351&rd=1

I just got it earlier today so i haven't been able to test it but i did open the box to examine it.

It's powered by 3 Rechargable batteries & a ac adpater is included to charge them.
The pedals have a wire that you attach to the steering wheel.
Apparently works from up to "50 feet away".

I'll be testing it tommorow & will let you guys know the quality.

Ok i've had the chance to use this wheel with the following games:

Nascar Dirt to Daytona
Atv offroad 3
Gran turismo 2

I must say i'm extremly impressed with this & will keep it.

I plan on turning this into my own full fledged racing center, kinda like how people take cheap DDR pads and upgrade them.

Definetely work the $15 i paid.

What you need to do is go find a place that sells gutted arcade cabinets in your area and see if they have any old, beat-up sit-down cabinets like from the old days....

When I was building my MAME cab, I saw a guy who took one of those, installed a 27" TV in the thing, went to the junkyard and got a used adjustable seat from an old car, installed it...then slapped in a steering wheel nad pedals and now he's got his own sit-down racer.
Being enclosed in the environment really makes you feel like you're in the game without any distractions. I think all racing games that aren't arcade-twitch racers (ie: burnout) benefit from this sort of setup.

One of the things I hate about racing wheels is that, in almost every circumstance, who the hell has a low-enough table in front of them...which is also in front of their TV...to properly use the thing..!?

bread's done
Back