CAGcast #16: The Sweet Sixteenth

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Sweet 16, baby!
We discuss the latest releases and gaming news, CAG news and video game deals, Dead or Alive 4 (Xbox 360), your questions from the CAGbag, and more!

iTunes (If you have iTunes, please review us!)
Download - 45 minutes, 21MB

Past CAGcasts

CAGcast Spoilers below!

Show Companion Materials

Intro Music
Elevator Action (NES version)

CAGcast News Blast topics
Revolution hitting North America by Thanksgiving
Bad Press For Gold Farmers Affects Chinese Players
Online Funeral for Girl in World of Warcraft
Sony Preparing Xbox Live-like Service?

CAG Video Game Deals/News
Escapist Magazine Article - Comrades in Cheap
VG Ads 1/22-1/28

I've listened to the first 5 CAGcasts (my favorite podcast of any I have read) before I got my Ipod, but now that i have one I want to listen to them all over again. By the by, is there anywhere on the site where all the previous CAGcasts are archived Cheapy?

[quote name='Saucy Jack']These are being put out faster than I can keep up. Happy Sweet 16, Cheapy and Wombat! :)[/QUOTE]
It takes you longer than a week to listen to these? :lol:

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I've listened to the first 5 CAGcasts (my favorite podcast of any I have read) before I got my Ipod, but now that i have one I want to listen to them all over again. By the by, is there anywhere on the site where all the previous CAGcasts are archived Cheapy?[/QUOTE]
I include a link to past cagcasts with every new cagcast:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/cgi-bin/mt-search.cgi?IncludeBlogs=2&search=cagcast%20mp3

Also, you should be able to download them all through iTunes.

If you want to download them directly, you can use this format to get them from the CAG server, replacing X with the episode number:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/cagcastX.mp3

[quote name='CheapyD']I include a link to past cagcasts with every new cagcast:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/cgi-bin/mt-search.cgi?IncludeBlogs=2&search=cagcast%20mp3

Also, you should be able to download them all through iTunes.

If you want to download them directly, you can use this format to get them from the CAG server, replacing X with the episode number:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/cagcastX.mp3[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Sorry about that. Hadn't even noticed the link on the front page Do'h! I might try going through Itunes with the CAGcasts, but I transfer all my music and stuff through the Ephpod program.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It takes you longer than a week to listen to these? :lol:[/QUOTE]

A thing called life keeps me pretty busy. ;)

I often sit down and try and listen to a CAGCast, but I have to stop and mark my place because I always have something else to do.

Mighty Man and Yukk

And WWII flight sims?

Heroes of the Pacific?
Secret Weapons over Normandy?

Maybe they weren't the best flight sims, but they certainly aren't slouches.

and don't even get me started on PC WWII flight sims.

Nice Cagcast but like AshesofWake said Wombat is harder to hear. I'm not sure if it was technical or that Wombat was sleepy. If he was sleepy I suggest drinking Mountain Dew, Coffee or something like Red Bull before recording.

Also the talk about Wombat hiding in your backpack before going to see Miyamoto put an instant vision of Yoda training Luke in my head but Chewbacca carrying C-3PO would be more accurate.:):D

update
I also didn't understand why CheapyD thought the Rev. would come out in Japan before the North American launch. With the DS launching here before in Japan you can't just expect that anymore. And a big WTF with Wombat not knowing the Rev. was backwards compatible. It is a pretty well known fact.

In regards to game costs:

http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

If you're curious to see what games cost then vs. now, adjusted for inflation, try punching some numbers in there. It's pretty interesting.

That being said...there were games, especially in the SNES/Genesis era, that were well above $50 - I remember Street Fighter II clocking in around $80, Strider was around $60, etc.

Anyway, great CAGcast. Get those audio balancing issues sorted out and keep'em coming.

The best change on this CAGcast was the volume reduction on Wombat's microphone.

Seriously, what's with the gay jokes? The bored delivery? Are you just phoning it in? (Obviously, you are, but I'm referring to the lack of effort) Also, "You said Cock!" and, "Boobs... heh heh heh". I'm almost expecting his voice to crack from puberty.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']A thing called life keeps me pretty busy. ;)

I often sit down and try and listen to a CAGCast, but I have to stop and mark my place because I always have something else to do.[/QUOTE]
You don't have 30-50 minutes to listen to it while surfing on CAG?;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You don't have 30-50 minutes to listen to it while surfing on CAG?;)[/QUOTE]

Just a few minutes at a time, actually. I'm usually doing several different things. Doing paperwork... talking on the phone... checking on stuff around the house. I really need to make an effort to listen to these CAGCasts. The ones I have listened to were great.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Just a few minutes at a time, actually. I'm usually doing several different things. Doing paperwork... talking on the phone... checking on stuff around the house. I really need to make an effort to listen to these CAGCasts. The ones I have listened to were great.[/QUOTE]
See that you do. :)

Wombat, you should go get Ape Escape 2 to play until Ape Escape 3 drops in price. If only we got Ape Escape 2001 in the US. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Quillion']The best change on this CAGcast was the volume reduction on Wombat's microphone.

Seriously, what's with the gay jokes? The bored delivery? Are you just phoning it in? (Obviously, you are, but I'm referring to the lack of effort) Also, "You said Cock!" and, "Boobs... heh heh heh". I'm almost expecting his voice to crack from puberty.[/QUOTE]

I agree; Wombat is becoming more and more irritating. I also hate the way he constantly interrupts Cheapy to make his lame jokes. Less Wombat please.

[quote name='mario23air']I agree; Wombat is becoming more and more irritating. I also hate the way he constantly interrupts Cheapy to make his lame jokes. Less Wombat please.[/QUOTE]

I also agree, he doesnt know when to keep his big mouth shut, I bet he still wets the bed and he such a Marvel comics fanboy, we all know DC is better, what an ass.

Oh and check out my new bitching avatar, thanks tons WSB :)

I am glad you added wombat to the show' s icon. It seems he felt a little left out in the magazine article. I enjoy his opinion just as much as yours. The show is great, and I look forward to listening to it every week. I like the fact you guys are not censored and are able to speak your mind.

Great show:)

Cheapy wait for another drop on From Russia With Love. It is a decent game but it is just way to short for the price. It plays a lot like EoN put is way to short.

[quote name='mario23air']I agree; Wombat is becoming more and more irritating. I also hate the way he constantly interrupts Cheapy to make his lame jokes. Less Wombat please.[/QUOTE]

Call me a "Wombat-fanboy," but you guys suck. If the CAGcast was just Cheapy reading off the news items, CAGbag, new releases, etc. by himself, I'd be horribly bored.

Wombat adds humor and wit to the show. If you don't like it, don't listen. It's that simple.

dialup9rv.jpg

...please kill me.

I'd rather be: X__X, than have to deal with the craptitude that is Dial-up.

Excellent show as always.

BTW I just downloaded #15 as well. Does anybody have a link to that article or thread where Shrike busted that OfficeMax dude? Thanks :)

[quote name='peteyrose']Excellent show as always.

BTW I just downloaded #15 as well. Does anybody have a link to that article or thread where Shrike busted that OfficeMax dude? Thanks :)[/QUOTE]

Go to the trading forum and look under the stickied threads with the one dealing with TMACDADDY.

[quote name='rallen']The show needs Womb and Cheapy. That's all there is to it.
[/QUOTE]

I agree. Wombat is the perfect sidekick, he adds personality to the show.

bread's done
Back