cyberpowersystem.com / high end computers

dustyeff

CAGiversary!
I'm thinking about investing in a new comp, looking probably at spending around 2 grand. I'd build one myself, but I don't want the headaches and I'd rather just pay a bit of a premium to let someone else do it.

That being said, I was just curious to know if anyone has had any experience with Cyber Power (cyberpowersystem.com) or iBuyPower.com? They seem to be very similar companies, not sure what the deal is with that, but I was leaning towards Cyber Power if either -- they have better options for what I'm looking at.

So, any experience, or better ideas?

if you are going to put 2 g's into a computer I would go with a major company who has a better chance of being around as well you will get more software and a better warrenty standard, and a better overall package. you could always add the lights later. I have seen then in mag ads alot so I assume their are a good company.

That's a thought. I know one girl who bought a comp through iBuyPower, I believe it was, and she says it's good. Then again, she doesn't use it for gaming or anything, but it was fairly high end.

If your going to drop lots of $ into a gaming pc, then alienware is the only way to go. They just developed some new fancy dual graphic card engine that is miles above the compition...

Dual... Graphic.. Card.. Engine.. I'll put that along with the Emotion Engine and every other BS catch phrase I've heard :p

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Dual... Graphic.. Card.. Engine.. I'll put that along with the Emotion Engine and every other BS catch phrase I've heard :p[/quote]

Hee Hee

Cyberpowersystems is actually a very reputable firm. A few of my old co-workers ordered about 6 PCs from them around the time that BF1942 and AOM came out. Their systems were dreamy...

And, for the pundits, I've heard and read that a dual graphics card set up does in fact boost graphical performance by something along the lines of 20 - 35%. Just what I heard, for the straight dope google it yourself.

Good luck with the PC hunting.

check out Hypersonic PC they have some good deals on high end systems. Alienware has expanded their market so they have some lower priced systems now. Or else theres always Falcon NW =P~ check out the Talon systems

After reading some of the reviews of cyberpower on resellerratings.com, I decided I'd just rather build my own. That way, if something gets farked up, at least I know it's my own fault and no one's just trying to screw me. Heh.

I've always built my own systems, but if I had to buy a pre-built system, it would be Alienware by a mile. I appreciate how they've always routed cables and power lines to maximize airflow the same way I do. And every component they use is top quality, just like I do. And finally, they build AMD systems. I'd be all over their new AMD 64-bit monster... if I bought pre-built systems. :)

bread's done
Back