NCAA Baseball 06

WAJedi

Banned
Ok, just ran out and got the game and it is AMAZING. I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about a project similiar to the annual one for NCAA Football. I'm wanting to see if someone is making the rosters. If they are, will someone please let me know.

[quote name='$hady']According to the IGN you can't play this on the 360...

:cry: so much for me buying this tomorrow............

:bomb:[/QUOTE]
same here, EA better make some college football ASAP

YEah, this sucks....the 360 gets shafted. Looks like ONE baseball game only for the 360. Glad to see this game is good I guess....I wanted to get it when I first heard about it. Oh well.

You mind giving impressions of not only the gameplay, but more importantly to me, the presentation? Doesn't this have the ESPN presentation and the ESPN Radio feed every often? I read somewhere about the functionality of that w/ the ticker and updated stories if you're on Live.

It really interests me to see how they're taking this approach in regards to future EA Sports titles. Can't wait for the '07 stuff's presentation.

I really like the presentation. I haven't had a chance to test out the Live parts yet because i'm in my dorm and don't have a router to be able to get on Xbox live. I really like the commentary, and I haven't gotten TOO many repeats yet. The only modeled a few college stadiums, but there is a nice variety to the ones they did model. Not really sure what else to address. If you have any questions feel free to ask and i'll let you know.

[quote name='WAJedi']I really like the presentation. I haven't had a chance to test out the Live parts yet because i'm in my dorm and don't have a router to be able to get on Xbox live. I really like the commentary, and I haven't gotten TOO many repeats yet. The only modeled a few college stadiums, but there is a nice variety to the ones they did model. Not really sure what else to address. If you have any questions feel free to ask and i'll let you know.[/QUOTE]

i just read the ign review. they only modeled like 12 stadiums, but its suppposed to have a pretty in depth custom stadium. i wanted to get a baseball title this year for the xbox. anyone know when the 2K title will be out and which one is usually higher quality 2K or EA? i haven't picked up a baseball title since that RBI game on the SNES.

[quote name='gaelan']i just read the ign review. they only modeled like 12 stadiums, but its suppposed to have a pretty in depth custom stadium. i wanted to get a baseball title this year for the xbox. anyone know when the 2K title will be out and which one is usually higher quality 2K or EA? i haven't picked up a baseball title since that RBI game on the SNES.[/QUOTE]

I used to like the EA baseball franchise until the 04 lefty batting glitch. I passed on MVP 05 last year and bought 2K5 instead. This year I think I'm going to go with the NCAA game if that tells you anything.

Team list:

Arizona State University
Arkansas State University
Army
Auburn University
Baylor University
Boston College
Bradley University
Brigham Young University
Bucknell University
Cal Poly - SLO
Cal State Sacramento
California State Fullerton
California State Northridge
Clemson University
Creighton University
Duke University
East Carolina University
Florida International University
Florida State University
Fresno State University
Georgetown University
Georgia Tech
Gonzaga University
Holy Cross
Illinois State University
Indiana State University
Indiana University, Bloomington
Kansas State University
Lafayette College
Lehigh University
Long Beach State University
Louisiana State University
Louisiana Tech University
Loyola Marymount University
Marshall University
Michigan State University
Middle Tennessee State University
Mississippi State University
Navy
New Mexico State University
North Carolina State University
Northwestern University
Ohio State University
Oklahoma State University
Oregon State University
Pennsylvania State University
Pepperdine University
Purdue University
Rice University
Rutgers
San Diego State University
San Jose State University
Santa Clara University
Seton Hall University
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
Southwest Missouri State University
St. John's University
St. Mary's College of California
Stanford University
Texas A&M University
Texas Christian University
Texas Tech University
Troy University
Tulane University
U.S. Air Force Academy
University of Alabama
University of Alabama at Birmingham
University of Arizona
University of Arkansas
University of Arkansas, Little Rock
University of California
University of California Los Angeles
University of California Santa Barbara
University of Central Florida
University of Cincinnati
University of Connecticut
University of Evansville
University of Florida
University of Georgia
University of Hawaii
University of Houston
University of Illinois
University of Iowa
University of Irvine
University of Kansas
University of Kentucky
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
University of Louisville
University of Maryland
University of Memphis
University of Miami (Florida)
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
University of Mississippi
University of Missouri
University of Nebraska
University of Nevada
University of Nevada Las Vegas
University of New Mexico
University of New Orleans
University of North Carolina
University of Northern Iowa
University of Notre Dame
University of Oklahoma
University of Pittsburgh
University of Portland
University of Riverside
University of San Diego
University of San Francisco
University of South Alabama
University of South Carolina
University of South Florida
University of Southern California
University of Southern Mississippi
University of Tennessee
University of Texas at Austin
University of the Pacific
University of Utah
University of Virginia
University of Washington
Vanderbilt University
Villanova University
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest University
Washington State University
West Virginia University
Western Kentucky University
Wichita State University

So yes, the Salukis are in. RiJ, do you go to school there? I have several friends from Springfield who attend the school in Carbondale or have recently graduated.

[quote name='Matt Young']Team list:

So yes, the Salukis are in. RiJ, do you go to school there? I have several friends from Springfield who attend the school in Carbondale or have recently graduated.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the list Matt, no I don't go to school there, but I live about 15 minutes away from it. At the moment I'm saving up money to go back to school during the fall semester. I graduated from a 2 year college (John A. Logan) and I'm either going to transfer to SIUC, or Blackburn which is up by Springfield, so I'm pretty sure you've probably heard of it.

My good friend SIUFan86, is currently going to school at Blackburn, that is my main reason for wanting to go there. Anyways, thanks again for the list of teams, I'm thinking really hard about picking this up from bestbuy with the $10 off coupon.

Also I should be getting Wireless DSL here soon, so there is a chance I might be able to play on XBL now. Though, it is only 256/256 so I am not for sure if that is fast enough or not.

[quote name='Matt Young']Team list:

Mississippi State University
[/QUOTE]

you had me at MS State...is the stadium in the game too? if so i might go get this tonight.

I believe the stadiums are accurate. I got the list from an article at IGN which had a ton of info.

RiJ, give me your Gamertag if you get Live. I hope to see you on there in the near future. Live's an awesome service, and today is actually my 1 year anniversary of signing up.

Finally, here is a link to the rosters for every team, for those who wish to input real player names:

http://www.ncaabaseball2006.tk/

[quote name='gaelan']you had me at MS State...is the stadium in the game too? if so i might go get this tonight.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, Dudy Noble Field is not in the the game. MSU just has a generic stadium. How someone can make a college baseball game without including its best venue is beyond me. (Although admittedly, as a two-time State grad, I may be a little biased... :) )

[quote name='seebelow']Unfortunately, Dudy Noble Field is not in the the game. MSU just has a generic stadium. How someone can make a college baseball game without including its best venue is beyond me. (Although admittedly, as a two-time State grad, I may be a little biased... :) )[/QUOTE]

maybe we can make a custom left field lounge complete with truck bed bleachers.

[quote name='gaelan']maybe we can make a custom left field lounge complete with truck bed bleachers.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Hopefully. I'm going to try to get it as close as the stadium builder will let me.

The real-time scrolling ticker and ESPN radio updates are surreal.. really strange (and awesome) to be playing a videogame while, say, tonight's hockey scores roll across the screen. Besides that and the "web gems" though, the ESPN license is not represented much at all. The presentation is either "appropriately reserved" or "lacking," depending on how generous you want to be. It's a quiet game of baseball, to be sure. But most importantly it's got a really solid baseball engine, a million beautiful animations, and a ton of options if certain things (analog throwing) aren't to your liking.

[quote name='mforge']The real-time scrolling ticker and ESPN radio updates are surreal.. really strange (and awesome) to be playing a videogame while, say, tonight's hockey scores roll across the screen. Besides that and the "web gems" though, the ESPN license is not represented much at all. The presentation is either "appropriately reserved" or "lacking," depending on how generous you want to be. It's a quiet game of baseball, to be sure. But most importantly it's got a really solid baseball engine, a million beautiful animations, and a ton of options if certain things (analog throwing) aren't to your liking.[/QUOTE]

the review i read said "no attitude for a college game". they were referring to the lack of mascots, fight songs and cheerleaders.

Does the home fans in the game go nuts when there are home runs or big plays, or is it just a basic clap/cheer throughout the whole game? That's the only thing I wasn't for sure about from the review.

http://forums.operationsports.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?p=2154426#post2154426

First and formost, I would like to personally thank everyone who helped make this roster possible, whether you helped name players, or just helped in general. Also, if you take the time to download the file, please take the time to thank the people listed below who stepped up and made this happen.

NCAA XBOX COMMUNITY ROSTER STATUS REPORT

Conference - Status
ACC - completed by LikwidG
Big 12 - completed by cubsfan203
Big East - Completed by smurface and bronxct1
Big Ten - completed by LikwidG and cubsfan203
Big West - completed by cubsfan203
Conf USA - completed by cubsfan203
MVC - completed by Likwid G
Mtn West - completed by cubsfan203
Pac 10 - completed by nwbaseball78 and LikwidG
Patriot - completed by goillini03
SEC - completed by 21SEC and cubsfan203
Sun Belt - completed by cubsfan203 and isd71
WAC - completed by Hack22
WCC - completed by ejstory3 and cubsfan203

These rosters are easily 99% accurate, but by no means are they perfect. If you find any players with wrong names or are spelt incorrectly, either start up a corrections thread or send me a PM. Hopefully we'll get a version two out in a couple of weeks or so with all players correct.

If the only reason you are reading this thread is to try to steal these rosters and claim them as your own, you might as well stop now. I made some VERY minor edits to some of the worst players on random teams that you won't be able to spot, to keep people from stealing all of the hard work that went into these.

So, now, my fellow Operation Sports members, it's time to party... or just end it with a lame rhyme that I thought of in two seconds.
Grab a beer, tell a friend, because OS has done it again. (told you it was lame)

I'm out y'all. I would like to try these out myself, but damn I'm tired. I think I'll take a quick nap, so I hope to come back to a few thank yous.

Enjoy,
cubsfan203 (or if you prefer, Tom)

Rosters are up for DL over there. I just downloaded them, but I'm still waiting for the game :(

[quote name='RawisJericho']Does the home fans in the game go nuts when there are home runs or big plays, or is it just a basic clap/cheer throughout the whole game? That's the only thing I wasn't for sure about from the review.[/QUOTE]

basic cheers from what i understand.

they were saying major rivalries are the same fan wise as some off the wall match up.

here's a list of the stadiums

Schools that will have their stadiums on the game include Texas, Ole Miss, Baylor, Georgia Tech, Cal-State Fullerton, Clemson, Florida State, LSU, Rice, Stanford, Arizona, Arizona State, Miami, Nebraska, Southern California, Notre Dame, Tennessee and St. John's. Rosenblatt Stadium will obviously be on the game, as well as a variety of customized stadiums that our team made up.

Swayze Stadium and no Duty Noble? BOOOOO

Hmmmmmmm... So I did my daily "Call Bestbuy and see if the game is in" thing today at around 10:30 this morning. The guy working said that they have 8 copies and transit and that they just got a shipment in and that I should call back in a little while and see if they are in. So I just called back and they haven't checked the boxes in yet.

So hopefully today is the day...

The game is above average at best, and this is after two quick games. I still prefer the 2k MLB game, but maybe I'm just not used to the EA MVP gameplay. the boundless "errors" due to amateur play are a little too frustrating for me, at least they are at this point.

[quote name='lurknomore']The game is above average at best, and this is after two quick games. I still prefer the 2k MLB game, but maybe I'm just not used to the EA MVP gameplay. the boundless "errors" due to amateur play are a little too frustrating for me, at least they are at this point.[/QUOTE]

Just adjust the fielding or error slider.

I'm really liking the game. I ended up turning a triple play tonight in the first game of my dynasty with SIU. I'm still not 100% used to the new batting, but I'm getting there. I'm using the classic fielding controls too.

damn, no EB/Gamestop stores in the SF Bay Area has the xbox version and wont be getting more for a week or two...i'll check BB, but online none have the xbox version for in store pick up...sucks cuz that $10 coupon expires on the 30th

Quick questions:

How hard is it to hit a homerun in this game?

Do runs come a-plenty like most College baseball games?

[quote name='rly723']damn, no EB/Gamestop stores in the SF Bay Area has the xbox version and wont be getting more for a week or two...i'll check BB, but online none have the xbox version for in store pick up...sucks cuz that $10 coupon expires on the 30th[/QUOTE]

Call your local bestbuy. If they don't have it, ask if there are any in transit or on order. If the computer shows some being in transit, keep calling a few times everyday until it shows up there. Like you said, the coupon expires on the 30th, so hopefully they will get a shipment in before then.

[quote name='2fast_2fuhrer']Quick questions:

How hard is it to hit a homerun in this game?

Do runs come a-plenty like most College baseball games?[/QUOTE]

I've hit a few homeruns with the analog batting. It is sorta hard, but feels rewarding when you do hit a home run. I used classic batting for a game and had more runs and also a few HRs.

I played a friend tonight and won by the 10 run rule, so the runs can come aplenty.

bread's done
Back