BUFFALO, NY RESIDENTS, 360s!!

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
If you are in the area, the Toys R Us in Amherst on Sheridan got in a couple 360 premimums. No on asked ALL last night for them so they are there as of this morning. I think people gave up. If you are in the area, call.

[quote name='Vegan']Run now for your defective merchandise! ;)[/QUOTE]

Lol yes go take a less then 5% chance that you will buy a defective Xbox 360, and if you do happen to get one then it will be replace within a week, buy with caution.

[quote name='bil4ltool']Lol yes go take a less then 5% chance that you will buy a defective Xbox 360, and if you do happen to get one then it will be replace within a week, buy with caution.[/QUOTE]

We've got a thread where over 15% of CAGs got rammed. And mine broke and it took 3 weeks. So yes, buy with caution. My new one still freezes playing PGR3.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']We've got a thread where over 15% of CAGs got rammed. And mine broke and it took 3 weeks. So yes, buy with caution. My new one still freezes playing PGR3.[/QUOTE]

how do you pull out a number like 15%? Im a cag, i have one that works perfect, so i guess that means the number comes down doesnt it?

Dont forget that just because we are the "mouthy" internet mininority, no ones gonna speak up if everything is going fine.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']We've got a thread where over 15% of CAGs got rammed. And mine broke and it took 3 weeks. So yes, buy with caution. My new one still freezes playing PGR3.[/QUOTE]
That 15% is only a realistic number if the sample of voters was decent. Wasn't the title of the thread having to do with how is your xbox 360 working, something along that lines. If I had no problems, I wouldn't bother to look at the thread. Yes, I have sent mine back, but it isn't really that big of a deal. The people that make/design them are human and will make mistakes.

Percentages aside, I just wouldn't support a product that's obviously proven to have a significant amount of shoddy workmanship put into it. Even if that does mean only 5 out of 100 is bad.

Percentages aside, I just wouldn't support a product that's obviously proven to have a significant amount of shoddy workmanship put into it. Even if that does mean only 5 out of 100 is bad.

Just curious, which systems do you own?

Percentages aside, I just wouldn't support a product that's obviously proven to have a significant amount of shoddy workmanship put into it.

By owning a PS2 of ANY sort, you are at least indirectly "supporting" a product which has a terrible record of past problems with DREs. So what? It's what warranties are for. Personally I've had a LAUNCH PS2 and an Xbox with Thompson drive for the past 5 years and I've never had a single problem.

My point being it's silly to take these scattered reports of 360 problems and turn them into hysteria. I've used my launch 360 heavily with no problems. I think this unscientific 15% defective number is bullshit to be honest.

[quote name='ryanbph']That 15% is only a realistic number if the sample of voters was decent. Wasn't the title of the thread having to do with how is your xbox 360 working, something along that lines. If I had no problems, I wouldn't bother to look at the thread. Yes, I have sent mine back, but it isn't really that big of a deal. The people that make/design them are human and will make mistakes.[/QUOTE]

Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So what did the 85% of voters vote for since if it was fine, they didnt vote?

Here's the thread if anyone is interested.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81621

I have an Xbox 360, and love it. But this isnt about how cool it is, its about defectiveness. And my broke in 4 hours. Then I called MS and they told me they would ship me a new one. A week passes and I call again. The new Customer service guy tells me that chick lied and that he would send a box for me to ship the 360 in. But he never did, so a week later I call again and they ship the box overnight, I put it in the box ship it there and they tell me they're gonna repair it instead and that it would take 8-10 days. A week later they stopped repairing and sent me a new one after deleting everything on the HD. And the new one still freezes from time to time. Awesome way to be introduced into the next gen of gaming.

Everyone talks about new technology being buggy, but when do car companies use their customers to beta test? Or what about medical equipment, does a EKG meter overheat and bluescreen? They design new ones of those all the time. But no, if anything less than 1%. You know why? Because they test the item.

Xbox 360s arent born from eggs, they're built from a machine that makes the same one over and over and over again. If 15% of them die, then they SERIOUSLY f'cked up somewhere.

I wont even stake claim in the defective rate of how bad the ps2 DRE's really are. For one all you here is the whining 12 year olds on gamefaqs whine and complain about DREs all day.....but if you think about how many people really own ps2s, then i bet the number overall that got DRE is still alot lower then youd expect.

I still have a launch system that doesnt give me any crap. But i use my slim now.

If people would just keep their systems off the rug , or not put their new xbox 360s on top of their bass units. (not implying anyone here does any of that at all!)

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I wont even stake claim in the defective rate of how bad the ps2 DRE's really are. For one all you here is the whining 12 year olds on gamefaqs whine and complain about DREs all day.....but if you think about how many people really own ps2s, then i bet the number overall that got DRE is still alot lower then youd expect.

I still have a launch system that doesnt give me any crap. But i use my slim now.

If people would just keep their systems off the rug , or not put their new xbox 360s on top of their bass units. (not implying anyone here does any of that at all!)[/QUOTE]

Your grammar is so bad, it broke my mind. Please, for your sake, get of the drugs and stay in school.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Your grammar is so bad, it broke my mind. Please, for your sake, get of the drugs and stay in school.[/QUOTE]

I'm not getting payed to be an editor so why should i be?

Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So what did the 85% of voters vote for since if it was fine, they didnt vote?

The rest of this thread aside, stastically think about it. The people most likely to come into the thread and vote are the ones pissed off that theirs is broken. Most of the others who have a good system could care less and won't take the time to vote. Just kinda human nature.

That's not to discount your own situation either, I'd be just as annoyed if my system had crapped out on me and I was still having problems.

See, but I'm not talking about whiners on Gamefaqs. The 360 problem is so bad, it made mainstream national news.

[quote name='Vegan']See, but I'm not talking about whiners on Gamefaqs. The 360 problem is so bad, it made mainstream national news.[/QUOTE]

only because the 360 was this year's hottest toy.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I'm not getting payed to be an editor so why should i be?[/QUOTE]

Its called dignity. The worst thing anyone can do is glorify ignorance.

bread's done
Back