EB Games/Gamestop will start PS3 pre-orders!!

amos_82

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
EBGAMES/GAMESTOP HAS ANNOUNCED THAT THEY WILL TAKE PRE-ORDERS FOR THE PS3 STARTING ON FEB. 1st - MUST DEPOSIT $100. They are also saying that current estimates is that the system will release in the U.S. on October 1st for $500!!

I think they are saying $500 so if it does end up being lower, then can easily refund (if someone decides to put the full amount). It would be harder to ask $400, then it releases at $500 and they need $100 more.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I am not sure if I want one at launch, but I will pre-order and decide later. If I don't want it, I can always cancel.

EDIT: If I need to cancel, is it easier to pay cash or credit?

Thank You, Gamestop. Now all of those idiots that keep walking in wondering when pre-orders will start can finally start to save up for it so I know that I will probably be number five on the list because I know a few employees that will be just ahead of me on the list when they start on the first.

I have $100 in store credit so I'll be heading over on the 1st. I can't believe I'll be dropping half a grand on a game console...and Sony hasn't revealed anything yet.

[quote name='amos_82']EBGAMES/GAMESTOP HAS ANNOUNCED THAT THEY WILL TAKE PRE-ORDERS FOR THE PS3 STARTING ON FEB. 1st - MUST DEPOSIT $100. They are also saying that current estimates is that the system will release in the U.S. on October 1st for $500!![/QUOTE]

May I ask where this info was revealed? There was no info at the store about this and nobody has given us the word. Shit, there hasn't even been any worthwhile info on the PS3 since just about E3.

[quote name='jngx80']I have $100 in store credit so I'll be heading over on the 1st. I can't believe I'll be dropping half a grand on a game console...and Sony hasn't revealed anything yet.[/QUOTE]

well look at it this way, you wont spend any money until you hear things

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I would rather just show up 10 hours before midnight at Wal Mart and get in line.[/QUOTE]

why?

[quote name='dpatel']why?[/QUOTE]

dpatel, it is simple really. VanillaGorilla would rather stand in line to purchase one at a retailer where he knows that the system will be in his hands that day instead of may or maynot being able to secure one on launch day with a pre-order through EB/GS like many did with the 360 situation.

Remember, when before the 360 hit they kept messing with people about getting in those pre-orders so they know that they would have their's waiting for them but guess what happened, the systems still are being filled and some people who paid months in advance are still waiting to be called about their system.

So, if you have the cash to put down all at once I agree with VanillaGorilla and just wait in line at a retail store to buy it. But if you like using store credit then I would go the pre-order route because we won't know how many of these Sony will send out to EB/GS.

I was determined to either preorder or wait in line, but I think I'll just pass.

The only reason I want a Playstation is because of Final Fantasy. A few other gems make it worth the purchase in the long run. However, I doubt anything on launch day will be worth playing. I'll just wait until I can pick one up at Wally World without any effort and lots of Blu-ray movies are available, because that will be my only use for it until I get Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts.

Hmm, I wonder how many people will pre-order the PS3 just to sell them on eBay? I'm guessing quite a few.

I'm probably going to pass pre-ordering the PS3, I just can't seem to get excited about the PS3 or even the Xbox 360. Most of my enthusiasm for the next-generation is being geared towards the Nintendo Revolution.

[quote name='yukine']Hmm, I wonder how many people will pre-order the PS3 just to sell them on eBay? I'm guessing quite a few.[/QUOTE]

I think when Sony announces the PS3 price, not only will it sell a lot of Revolutions, but the would be dealers would have to consider the following, "Its already 500-600 retail(lets pretend), am I really gonna get away with marking it UP from there?"

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I think when Sony announces the PS3 price, not only will it sell a lot of Revolutions, but the would be dealers would have to consider the following, "Its already 500-600 retail(lets pretend), am I really gonna get away with marking it UP from there?"[/QUOTE]

You know, I've noticed that a lot of people who already have or plan on buying an Xbox 360 or PS3, will be getting the Nintendo Revolution as their second console of choice. I think with the supposedly "cheap" price of the Revolution and the innovative/creative games we expect from Nintendo; will all definitely help make the Revolution a great selling console.

Good point, but didn't the Xbox 360 sell for well over $1,000+ on eBay? I think that if the PS3 launches at say... $499.99, there is at least $500.00 in profit to be made. And that $500.00 in profit is more than enough for people to hoard PS3s for that sole reason... unforunately.

It will only sell for excessive amounts if there is a shortage. Alot of those $1000+ sales on ebay were fake bidders anyway just playing games. Most of the legit looking auctions did not seem to command nearly as much.

I would like to remind you people before you start pissing away your money almost a year in advance, that Sony may very well use the technology to block used/rental games. I am not even considering it until I know for a fact that they are not using it. Worst case scenerio, I suppose you can just get the deposit refunded from the store, but still. At this point, I'm just curious if you'll actually be able to walk into a store and buy a 360 by the time the PS3 comes out...

[quote name='mietha']I would like to remind you people before you start pissing away your money almost a year in advance, that Sony may very well use the technology to block used/rental games. I am not even considering it until I know for a fact that they are not using it. Worst case scenerio, I suppose you can just get the deposit refunded from the store, but still. At this point, I'm just curious if you'll actually be able to walk into a store and buy a 360 by the time the PS3 comes out...[/QUOTE]

Yes, they will have the ability to do this, but they won't. It would probably mean you have to have your PS3 connected to the internet at all moments to play. Which, won't happen. I believe Sony has stated such.

[quote name='cdeener']dpatel, it is simple really. VanillaGorilla would rather stand in line to purchase one at a retailer where he knows that the system will be in his hands that day instead of may or maynot being able to secure one on launch day with a pre-order through EB/GS like many did with the 360 situation.

Remember, when before the 360 hit they kept messing with people about getting in those pre-orders so they know that they would have their's waiting for them but guess what happened, the systems still are being filled and some people who paid months in advance are still waiting to be called about their system.

So, if you have the cash to put down all at once I agree with VanillaGorilla and just wait in line at a retail store to buy it. But if you like using store credit then I would go the pre-order route because we won't know how many of these Sony will send out to EB/GS.[/QUOTE]

ah ok, that makes sense. I didn't know it was THAT bad. I heard about shortages with the 360, but I just assumed it was from people who pre-ordered later on. I guess I will try to be there as early as I can to pre-order and try my luck with that. I don't really want to wait in line for hours.

[quote name='mietha']I would like to remind you people before you start pissing away your money almost a year in advance, that Sony may very well use the technology to block used/rental games. I am not even considering it until I know for a fact that they are not using it. Worst case scenerio, I suppose you can just get the deposit refunded from the store, but still. At this point, I'm just curious if you'll actually be able to walk into a store and buy a 360 by the time the PS3 comes out...[/QUOTE]

that was a rumor that was debunked a while ago. I don't have a link for it but I can guarentee it won't show in the PS3.

EDIT: can anyone else confirm what OP is saying? Not that I don't believe you, OP, but I think we would all like a confirmation from other users. Regardless, I will be there Feb 1st.

[quote name='dpatel']ah ok, that makes sense. I didn't know it was THAT bad. I heard about shortages with the 360, but I just assumed it was from people who pre-ordered later on. I guess I will try to be there as early as I can to pre-order and try my luck with that. I don't really want to wait in line for hours.

that was a rumor that was debunked a while ago. I don't have a link for it but I can guarentee it won't show in the PS3.

EDIT: can anyone else confirm what OP is saying? Not that I don't believe you, OP, but I think we would all like a confirmation from other users. Regardless, I will be there Feb 1st.[/QUOTE]

Here it is:

http://tinyurl.com/9a4vj

Imagine if all the next-gen consoles were going to have this implemented; Gamestop Corp. would be fucking pissed.

I was at my local EB today and I asked the manager about PS3 preorders....again... ;) He said he has me down already on a "call list" he's made up, so as soon as they find out when preorders will start he's calling the people on that list to give them a heads up to preorder. He also told me $50 would hold the system. I know him pretty well, and if he had known anything more concrete he would have told me.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but there was a thread up just after the 360 launch of someone asking what kind of success people had had preordering at different stores. Several people posted saying they preordered at EB as soon as they let them, and they picked up their system on day one. I think the only people who ran into problems were the ones who waited until a couple months before launch (or less) to preorder.

[quote name='b3b0p']It will only sell for excessive amounts if there is a shortage. Alot of those $1000+ sales on ebay were fake bidders anyway just playing games. Most of the legit looking auctions did not seem to command nearly as much.[/QUOTE]
Believe me, there were more than a handful of people who spent over $1000 to get an Xbox 360, even days after the launch.

[quote name='argyle']Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but there was a thread up just after the 360 launch of someone asking what kind of success people had had preordering at different stores. Several people posted saying they preordered at EB as soon as they let them, and they picked up their system on day one. I think the only people who ran into problems were the ones who waited until a couple months before launch (or less) to preorder.[/QUOTE]

yea, that was my thread :). It seems like you should be okay as long as you get there early. I plan on getting to gamestop the day they start.

[quote name='strayfoxx']Not to doubt the OP, but can this preordering on February 1st be confirmed?[/QUOTE]

I asked this as well and haven't received a confirmation. I saw this the day that I came home from work and there wasn't any indication that this started on the 1st of February.

EBGAMES/GAMESTOP HAS ANNOUNCED THAT THEY WILL TAKE PRE-ORDERS FOR THE PS3 STARTING ON FEB. 1st - MUST DEPOSIT $100. They are also saying that current estimates is that the system will release in the U.S. on October 1st for $500!!

[quote name='cdeener']Thank You, Gamestop. Now all of those idiots that keep walking in wondering when pre-orders will start can finally start to save up for it so I know that I will probably be number five on the list because I know a few employees that will be just ahead of me on the list when they start on the first.[/QUOTE]

can you let us know when they tell you about ps3 pre-orders at your gamestop. I just want a confirmation from anyone else.

[quote name='MADHOUZDV']Look I Just Called Eb Games And They Said I Wont Com Out Till Next Holiday 2006[/QUOTE]
You're one step closer to proper use of capital letters. Don't put them in the front of every word, just the beginning of a sentence and for names.

Next week we'll work on spelling. Thereafter will be the proper use of words to describe a time in the future, but here's a preview: Note that "next holiday 2006" is a time that doesn't exist. There's only one Holiday 2006. There is no second or third one that could be called "next." /obnoxiousjerkism

Back on topic, has there been any real confirmation of this? I'm really kinda surprised we've not heard much about the PS3 from Sony. I'd think the hype machine would start rolling pretty soon if they're aiming for an '06 relelase.

Yeah the only reason I'm questioning is because I have talked to a myriad of Gamestops around the area and they all have echoed the same sentiment: We won't pre-order until a definite timetable for launch is released by Sony.

I came back from my EB store and they've been pretty cool with me. When I asked about the PS3 pre-order, they said there is no new information yet about it yet. So they don't know when they will actually accept them. I also asked about the $100 deposit and they are pretty sure it's going to be $50 to place one.

I kind of agree with what their theory is when to start pre-ordering. It's that they'll start taking orders during or after E3.

[quote name='daroga']You're one step closer to proper use of capital letters. Don't put them in the front of every word, just the beginning of a sentence and for names.

Next week we'll work on spelling. Thereafter will be the proper use of words to describe a time in the future, but here's a preview: Note that "next holiday 2006" is a time that doesn't exist. There's only one Holiday 2006. There is no second or third one that could be called "next." /obnoxiousjerkism[/QUOTE]
You do know that when you write in all caps that it reverts to just having each word capitalized, don't you? ;)

Though I'm not sure why he reposted the OP in the middle of the thread. :whistle2:s

Lokk Asshole Dont Coach Me On My Speeching Go Coach Yo Mama On Speech Smartass Anyway I Called A Local Ebay And They Said They Might Start Preordering In Feb.

(and By The Way My Caps Locks Got Stuck So Talk To Me Got Damn It)

[quote name='MADHOUZDV']Lokk Asshole Dont Coach Me On My Speeching Go Coach Yo Mama On Speech Smartass Anyway I Called A Local Ebay And They Said They Might Start Preordering In Feb.

(and By The Way My Caps Locks Got Stuck So Talk To Me Got Damn It)[/QUOTE]

Wow.

If your caps lock key stuck, then you are holding shift for every word--if it were really stuck, you would just hold shift for the rest of your sentences.

Also, "speeching"?

Anyhow, I've heard absolutely nothing at work--we are taking names for a call list (we'll call once preorders start), but nothing beyond that. Pure rumors here.

I've talked with a GameStop manager and according to him, GameStop will most likely take pre-orders for the PS3 on Febraury 1st. If not the first of the month, it'll definitely be in February. There'll also be a minimum $50 deposit.

well I heard about a conference sony is having with other developers. It isn't open to the press but they may announce more concrete details there. Its either at the end of Feb or beginning of March, not sure. Its called Devstation. I'm guessing pre-orders will start after that.

EDIT: here it is
http://www.devstation.scee.com/

takes place on march 1-2nd. Not sure if they will release any public info since it isn't open to press.

I tell you keep fucking with me I told you dont coach me coach YO MAMA!!!!!!!!What if i didnt want to hold the shift down maybe i like my words like that so fuck off!!!! And I called another gamestop and they said the same thing around the first of Feb. or later on that month

[quote name='MADHOUZDV']I tell you keep fucking with me I told you dont coach me coach YO MAMA!!!!!!!!What if i didnt want to hold the shift down maybe i like my words like that so fuck off!!!! And I called another gamestop and they said the same thing around the first of Feb. or later on that month[/QUOTE]

I work at a GameStop. We have had absolutely no information yet.

I see you will do just fine at these forums. :lol:

[quote name='strayfoxx']I'm sorry but I find Yo Mama jokes funny no matter what....[/QUOTE]

And how.

Time to plunk a preorder down at EB and BB to better my chances of getting one on launch day. No one's allowed to have a preorder at more than one store at the EB's around here; some people tried for the 360 and they had their entire order cancelled.

gamestop just makes up when they think something will be out. there is absolutely no set date for the ps3. gamestop just took a guess on the launch date that way people wont be saying "omg why would i reserve something with no date???" it's a good way to talk people into pre ordering. but it's just a random guess. developers havn't even seen a complete ps3 console. just the empty shell that everyone else has seen. im down to pre order one though. lol.

also, game crazy is taking pre orders and it's 50 dollars down. not 100. just an fyi.

[quote name='MADHOUZDV']I tell you keep fucking with me I told you dont coach me coach YO MAMA!!!!!!!!What if i didnt want to hold the shift down maybe i like my words like that so fuck off!!!! And I called another gamestop and they said the same thing around the first of Feb. or later on that month[/QUOTE]

so this thread was just speculation. They're just saying feb because Sony is suppose to have a couple of PS3 conferences. My EB said they probably would start preorders during CES, but since nothing was revealed they didn't do it.

I have no idea if this has been mentioned or not, but GameCrazy is ALREADY doing PS3/Revolution preorders for $50 down.

[quote name='Socheata']I've talked with a GameStop manager and according to him, GameStop will most likely take pre-orders for the PS3 on Febraury 1st. If not the first of the month, it'll definitely be in February. There'll also be a minimum $50 deposit.[/QUOTE]

Here is one individual that also has proof. The stores that told me are the EBGames in South Bend, IN and Kalamazoo, MI
:)

I was in EB tonight and asked and they had no clue when pre-orders would start. I'm thinking that it's not happening tomorrow.

bread's done
Back