Delaware?

Flyersfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
What state is that in?

Anywho, has anyone been in the gamestop in gov. square? I went in there today, and, as usual, the employees in there tried to get me to buy more items than I needed. Had to reassure him 3 times that i did not want a ps2 headset.

Anyone from de?

I think I was in that one last weekend (there are so many in that area I get them all mixed up). If it was that one I picked up GB copies of Castlevania Legends and Bonk's Revenge.

Ya gotta love a state where everything's TAX FREE ---except for cars :whistle2:x
I buy all my big ticket items there.

Well what do you expect, the US stationed all their troops there and the natives didn't like it.

Edit: Wait, I'm thinking of Iraq.

Born in Wilmington. The big news when I moved, circa 1992 (I was 7) was that Dover was getting the state's first, I think, Wal-Mart. Baby!

Delaware is most definitely the shiznat though. No sales tax? Better than TN's assreaming of 9.25%, yes sir.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Woo Hoo for 60% increase in electrical utilities! Huzzah![/QUOTE]

fuck Delmarva Power!

The biggest surprise for me when I moved from Newark (where I spent the first 17 years of my life) to Manhattan was that they sold beer in grocery stores.

The second was that you can't buy tasty-kakes in new york :(

I'm from DE, ONC Stand Up!
and yes the gamestop in Gov Square Does suck, can't aruge with the Little Ceasers though always hits the spot after fishing down the road.

So who works in a store that sells games so I can have a referrall (sp?)

I need some discounts and I'm tired of working in a supermarket, lol.

Delaware raised right here, returned after 5 years of schooling in PA to take a job at CSC.

Any charter kids here? (if your in northern delaware, you know. you probably beat one of out sports teams :) )

Flyer stick with the supermarket, gamestore jobs are much more hype then you think. (Unless you work at the GS in suburban plaza, that store is always dead)

Thank God I live within Newark City Limits, no electric price hike for me.

haha, charter.. GO FORCE HORSE, I got a couple of friends who went to charter, But anyway im off to hit up the farmers market for some saturn and PS1 games

woot @ there being a delaware thread.

I'm from Middletown, and i agree the Gov Sq gamestop is the worst ever. With the Peoples Plaza one in for a close second.

And about peoples plaza....the In The Groove 2 machine has been down for like 3 weeks now. agag.

I forgot about this thread...

I hope it wasn't one of you punks who raided the Concord Pike CC on the day the GBA/DS games dropped to $8.96. I knew there were at least 4 copies of Tales of Phantasia the day before, and after work I headed to the store and they were all gone - with every other desirable title. I had to get my Tales of Phantasia from the KOP CC the next day, though it wasn't all bad as I do work up there.

As far as current deals, that Concord Pike CC had 3 copies each of Total Overdode and Project Snowblind for $3.96 each in the clearance bin. This was as of Thursday night.

I heard a rumor that a new store that sells games is opening on route 40, by gov. square. Of course, I heard this from an EB employee, but who knows?

at that new shopping center with no store names yet, near Hollywood Videos.

[quote name='Flyersfan']I heard a rumor that a new store that sells games is opening on route 40, by gov. square. Of course, I heard this from an EB employee, but who knows?

at that new shopping center with no store names yet, near Hollywood Videos.[/QUOTE]

Several years back I remember there was an indie game shop in the Prices Corner shopping center. It's no longer there now, of course. In fact, I think the EB there took it's place as it appears to be in the exact same location.

This thread deserves a bump, us Delawareans need to stick together ;)

Has anyone bought a game at the EB Games store in the Christiana Mall and then turned around and headed to the other store (I think its called EBX, by Auntie Annes in the foodcourt) and traded them in? I'm thinking of doing it tommorow or Friday for the $10 extra trade, but I don't know if they communicate with each other or something. I was also going to head over to the K-Mart in Gov. Square and see if I can find any cheap games.

The only thing I hate is that my car died on me a while ago and I don't have the funds to get a nice new car. So I have to take DART buses everywhere, and if anyone has ever been on those in the morning with crazy people talking about their previous work day or their current work day to and from lunch, I feel your pain.

I'm really starting to hate the EB games in the Christiana mall (the big one, not the one by Auntie Annes, that one is great, best one I've ever been in)

Its Turning into the one in Gov. Square.

Edit*

I meant to say how the employees act, how they are informed, etc.

[quote name='Flyersfan']I'm really starting to hate the EB games in the Christiana mall (the big one, not the one by Auntie Annes, that one is great, best one I've ever been in)

Its Turning into the one in Gov. Square.

Edit*

I meant to say how the employees act, how they are informed, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, some of the employees there are pricks.

For some good EB employees, check out the Prices Corner store.

[quote name='Josef']Yeah, some of the employees there are pricks.

For some good EB employees, check out the Prices Corner store.[/quote]

Yeah, I'll do that. I usually just go to the Christiana Mall or Gov. Square eb/gamestops because they are so close to my house. not even 5 minutes away for either (well, maybe 10 minutes to the gov. square one on a bad day, since the light at 40 and walther road never seems to change.)

I've been to the EB Games in the mall twice in the past week, around 11-12 in the morning, and those employees were horrible. I was waiting at the desk to trade some stuff in and they were sitting there talking about how they were going around Salem Woods looking for something. I couldn't believe that I was just standing there and none of them came forward until I asked for help.

Anyone going to the Toy's R Us off of 95 next week? The one by DelTech campus.

Better hope you get their before I raid the place :)

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Here's a fun fact about DE. In the DC Universe, Metropolis is offciially in the Stat of Delaware. In fact, it's Wilmington. :)[/QUOTE]

Metropolis is actually shown to be just about where Lewes, DE is located.
Gotham City is located in Southern Cape May County right near Wildwood, NJ.

http://www.karridian.net/dcusa_ne.html

Anyone going to the Christiana Mall for the 3 AM opening friday? I'll be there :) Gotta get some shopping done and they'll have good deals early. Then I'll head out to best buy, cc and the like.

And yes, all by the fucking DART Buses. :(

FYI - I saw 2 PS3 60gb bundles at Costco last night as they were closing. They were in the "cage" where they keep everything so I don't think that people knew they were available.

I can't stand the EB Games staff. I got my revenge by returning a used accessory I had, got full refund price, and bought another case for my PSP. Sweet. That's how slow some of them are. The only place I really buy games from is Best Buy nowadays, unless I want an older title.

We won't be seeing Wii Remotes for a good while, thanks to everyone who bought a system on 1/21 and snatched up all the accessories. Including me.

The TRU in Christiana...

Is that near Borders? I was going to go there during the clearance sale but never really got a good chance to go.

[quote name='Flyersfan']The TRU in Christiana...

Is that near Borders? I was going to go there during the clearance sale but never really got a good chance to go.[/QUOTE]

There are actually some good clearance games left there still. I was able to get a Godfather CE for $9.98 and I saw at least 3 more Atelier Iris 2's for $9.98. They also still had a bunch of Samurai Champloo ($9.98) and The Tower SP ($9.98). I was quite surprised with the amount of clearance stuff they still had left.

Has anyone been to the CC near Christiana Mall?

I've been in there 3 of the 4 past days trying to get CoD2: GoTY edition at 13.56. They've never had it.

I'm wondering if any of you had gotten it.

:/

[quote name='Flyersfan']Has anyone been to the CC near Christiana Mall?

I've been in there 3 of the 4 past days trying to get CoD2: GoTY edition at 13.56. They've never had it.

I'm wondering if any of you had gotten it.

:/[/QUOTE]

I was actually at that CC a couple of times in the last two weeks. The only things I managed to get were a Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max (PSP) for $13.56 and a Super Monkey Ball Adventure (GC) for $15.99 - both prices after the 20% off for the weekly sale. I don't believe I saw any Call of Duty 2's in stock.

[quote name='Josef']I was actually at that CC a couple of times in the last two weeks. The only things I managed to get were a Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max (PSP) for $13.56 and a Super Monkey Ball Adventure (GC) for $15.99 - both prices after the 20% off for the weekly sale. I don't believe I saw any Call of Duty 2's in stock.[/quote]

Well if you or anyone else here manages to see Call of Duty 2 in stock for the bargain price, let me know!

I haven't had a chance to go since I posted and probably won't for a good while. I might be able to go wed. depending on how much snow we get, if we even get any.

Nothing whatsoever to do with video games, but as a Delawarean born and bred (a bitter newarker), you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get the basic necessities of life in NYC. I've been here since '99 and people still haven't heard of Herr's potato chips, or Tasty Kakes, or Old Bay.

I still think that as the first state, DE should have the right to kick the other 49 out. Too bad Joe Biden keeps screwing things up... we could've had our first real presidential contender since Pete duPont.

I spent a good chunk of my younger years, 1990-97 in Newark, and currently live in Jersey. My videogame memories revolved around two stores on Kirkwood Highway, the old Funcoland near the Lowes/A.C. Moore shopping center.[quote name='Flyersfan']I wish an indepent game store would open near here :([/quote]The second was owned by my friend's uncle in the early 90s in the Sears shopping center near the Cranston Heights Fire Co (On a side note, my Uncle is the President of CHFC).

Costco at Christiana has Wii bundles in stock as of noon today. There were about 7 bundles left when I was there.

Bundle includes:

Wii
Extra Controller
Zelda

for $329.99, plus the excellent Costco return policy :)

bread's done
Back