Bay Area heads looking for Guitar Hero?

asianxcore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
The Sony store at the Metreon in San Francisco had a good bunch of them. They also had the new Cherry Red SG guitar (no game unfortunely). The guy I talked to there said they would hold for 24 hours, and sometimes even more. $69.99 for the guitar/game and I believe $39.99 for just the Cherry Red guitar.

Also had a pretty fun setup in their little game room where they had Guitar Hero hooked up to a big DLP setup. You could play with your friends or other people. Really fun :)

Is Guitar Hero hard to find in the bay area? I was fortunate to get mine at Best Buy when they were $60, and when my cousin took a trip here he was trying to find one everywhere but unfortunately didn't get one. Maybe I'll pick one up for him, late Christmas present, hehe.

I'm interested in picking up the cherry red guitar as my second guitar. I was going to order it from Red Octane since they seem to be the only place that has them, but thanks to you, I think I can just pick it up when I go home this weekend.

glad to see I could help. the game is somewhat hard to find in the Bay Area. many stores are out of it right now and when they do it get in, they are gone within a 24/48 hour period. there was one time I was looking at Best Buy's inventory search feature, 9 stores in the Bay Area had it, a little over 24 hours later only 1 had them in stock :)

Over Easy, they had around 8+ Cherry Red SG's at the Sony store, I only saw one with a hold slip behind the register. I think you'll be good in getting one, I'd say just give them a call and have them hold it for you.

Has anyone seen any copies of Guitar Hero around the Bay Area? EB sells it for $79.99 which is a little pricey for me.

[quote name='vietgurl']Has anyone seen any copies of Guitar Hero around the Bay Area? EB sells it for $79.99 which is a little pricey for me.[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen it all the major retailers. Saw a copy of it at Network Video in Burlingame, but I didn't ask how much they were selling it for.

Have you tried calling Fry's or the Sony Store in SF? They seemed to have the most copies at one time than any of the other stores I've checked.

How about any store that's near Berkeley or right next to the BART line? I tried calling Target a bunch of times but the phone just keeps ringing and no one picks up.

I don't have a car :whistle2:( I might stop by the Metreon though to check it out because it's not far from the BART station.

[quote name='vietgurl']How about any store that's near Berkeley or right next to the BART line? I tried calling Target a bunch of times but the phone just keeps ringing and no one picks up.

I don't have a car :whistle2:( I might stop by the Metreon though to check it out because it's not far from the BART station.[/QUOTE]

theres a stop on the Bart that gets off right on Market Street. not that far of a walk to the Metreon, maybe a couple blocks. I'd say call first to see if they have it, I haven't been there since I first made this thread.

I was at Fry's in San Jose a few days ago. They had Guitar Hero for $69.99 and extra guitars for $39.99

[quote name='mj1108']I was at Fry's in San Jose a few days ago. They had Guitar Hero for $69.99 and extra guitars for $39.99[/QUOTE]

Yup there are lots of guitar heroes plus extra guitars at the Concord Fry's as well. Same price as quoted above.

[quote name='vietgurl']Has anyone seen any copies of Guitar Hero around the Bay Area? EB sells it for $79.99 which is a little pricey for me.[/quote]

I thought you worked at EB games...Dont you get a discount?

bread's done
Back