The official lets bitch because we're still in college THREAD!

the3rdkey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
81 credits...

5 years...

Associates degree...

That is all I have accomplished. I have 13 credits this semester and will be close to breaking the 100 mark. How are my fellow college people?

[quote name='the3rdkey']81 credits...

5 years...

Associates degree...

That is all I have accomplished. I have 13 credits this semester and will be close to breaking the 100 mark. How are my fellow college people?[/QUOTE]
78 credits, one and half years. I have 18.5 credits this semester and should finish next year. I'm a psycho though.:)

112 credits
A.A. in 8/97

They don't even make a shirt for the amount of years I've been in school. But man can I tell you some stories...

[quote name='docvinh']78 credits, one and half years. I have 18.5 credits this semester and should finish next year. I'm a psycho though.:)[/QUOTE]

Tell me the secrets of this .5 credit you have? I do not know why... but it made me laugh.

I had to have 128 credit hours to graduate but I think I made it with 132 or so. I did it in 4 and a half years. I was only supposed to go 4 years, but I tacked on an extra semester so I could cut back on classes and have a job.

Why is it taking you guys so long to get up there? I'm not cutting you down or anything, just kinda wondering? Are you all not full time students?

And docvinh... 78 credits in a year and a half? Wouldn't that be 26 credit hours per semester? Maybe less with summer school but... I thought there was always a max at 21?

I'll be graduating in the fall of '07 with a slim chance of graduating in the spring of '07. I don't really care if I graduate on time or not, I'm more concerned with doing well in my classes and doing internships. I am probably taking a couple summer courses to help my cause.

In college since 97. About half finished with my second masters degree. I figure if I stay in school forever, maybe I won't have to pay back the loans.

[quote name='docvinh']78 credits, one and half years. I have 18.5 credits this semester and should finish next year. I'm a psycho though.:)[/QUOTE]

I've always thought that people who take more than 16 credits were a little wacky;)

[quote name='shieryda']What's your situation? Why can't you go?[/QUOTE]

Mom was a single mom, Waitress and I grew up without being able to even buy school photos... then I dropped out of High School, became a webdesigner, then went to an alternative school, got my diploma, and I've just been busting my ass to the top. I'm a Sysadmin for GE, making 45,000 a year. Decent for a dropout, but God, I fucking hate computers.

I thought the money would allow me to goto school, but being 25, I'm finding it extreamly hard. I dont even know where to start anymore.

Maybe you could try doing some basics at a community college? They're fairly easy and you'll probably need them when you finally decide what you want to do. That's what a lot of people do at my community college.

Myself, I'm in my fourth semester working towards my AA in Fire Science. I take about 12 Hours a semester, not trying to fly through, I have 32 credits, and I'll have 46 after this semester, so it should only be another year or two and then I'll start working towards my paramedic.

[quote name='daschrier']Or we can bitch about being out of college for almost 3 years, making crap pay, and not liking your job :D[/QUOTE]

I'd post in that thread!!!

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Mom was a single mom, Waitress and I grew up without being able to even buy school photos... then I dropped out of High School, became a webdesigner, then went to an alternative school, got my diploma, and I've just been busting my ass to the top. I'm a Sysadmin for GE, making 45,000 a year. Decent for a dropout, but God, I fucking hate computers.

I thought the money would allow me to goto school, but being 25, I'm finding it extreamly hard. I dont even know where to start anymore.[/QUOTE]

Have you looked into financial aid? FAFSA.org and all of that? You can get school loans, but you have to pay it all back.

Plus, $45K a year is better than most Bachelor degree holders start out with. Trust me.

Ahh, the joy of college life. I have 91 credits, and I'll be done in December. Although, I do share in the3rdkey's pain as we attend Espanol 102 together. Haha!

[quote name='TurkeyOnRye']Have you looked into financial aid? FAFSA.org and all of that? You can get school loans, but you have to pay it all back.

Plus, $45K a year is better than most Bachelor degree holders start out with. Trust me.[/QUOTE]

I agree...I have a BS in biochemistry and started out at 26k...in BOSTON! After 2.5years I'm at 31k...which is still well below the average salary for boston.

[quote name='daschrier']I agree...I have a BS in biochemistry and started out at 26k...in BOSTON! After 2.5years I'm at 31k...which is still well below the average salary for boston.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that the BS just isn't good enough anymore. You have to go all the way. Get your master's degree, or even your PHD.

95 credits, taking 16 right now. I hope to graduate in December but if I get a summer internship it will be next spring then.

I have 2 years left after this semester. I'm pretty close to joining ROTC, but my university doesn't have a chapter, so I'd have to commute a god ways for Military science classes. It would be worth it, since I'd be guaranteed a job upon graduation...except for all of those flying bullets.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']American needs free college and health care for all.........[/QUOTE]

I agree with the college part being free but the health care is a bigger issue. Look at Canada it can take up to 17 weeks to see a doctor and most of their doctors and nurses are working in the U.S. Socialized health care does not work!

[quote name='daschrier']Or we can bitch about being out of college for almost 3 years, making crap pay, and not liking your job :D[/QUOTE]

Sign me up for that!

Took me 6 1/2 yrs. for my bachelor's degree. And it hasn't helped. That's what I get for getting a degree in something I'm interested in as opposed to something marketable.

Now it's back to school for me, for a master's I can actually used.

Assuming I can pass the admissions test...:whistle2:#

82 credits after 2 and a half years......then i made the mistake of transfering.............now i have like 43 credits. Son of a bitch. College sucks.

38 credits after 1 and a half years, not counting the semester I dropped out. I'm double majoring, so I'm fully expecting to be here another 3 and a half years...then straight into grad or law school.

Been in college 1 1/2 years, have 50 hours complete and am only taking 10hrs this semester due to the fact that I can only transfer 60hrs from community college. So I need to get around to applying to some universities so I can go to summer school. I want school to be over with so bad.

It's like you read my mind! I'm definately on the same boat, want to do something new but don't know what. Well hopefully this year gets better!

[quote name='javeryh']No college student should bitch about anything ever. You're in freaking college! I'd kill to go back...[/QUOTE]Elementary School > Middle School > High School > College > Real Life. It's fucked but it's true.

[quote name='daschrier']College is nice, but not having homework or tests and shit to do after work is nice as well...[/QUOTE]

... except if you work 14+ hours a day and get home and go right to sleep.

[quote name='daschrier']College is nice, but not having homework or tests and shit to do after work is nice as well...[/QUOTE]
I thought that might be the case as well. Until you realize that for the next 40 years or so, you will be working approximately the same hours with no 3 month summer break, 1-4 week Christmas vacation, and only a limited number (starts at 5-10, maybe up to 20-30 or so) of days off every year. That's the real kicker.

I hate school. I finish after the summer. I don't ever want to go back again. I find nothing redeeming here.

All the kids at this school are stuck up asshats.

[quote name='capitalist_mao']I hate school. I finish after the summer. I don't ever want to go back again. I find nothing redeeming here.

All the kids at this school are stuck up asshats.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to disappoint you but it only gets worse. At least in college you can surround yourself with people you like (or no one at all). You are just thrown together with random people for work and believe me, 95% of them will suck.

[quote name='javeryh']Sorry to disappoint you but it only gets worse. At least in college you can surround yourself with people you like (or no one at all). You are just thrown together with random people for work and believe me, 95% of them will suck.[/QUOTE]

Too true. And you'll find out that regardless of who you know and how hard/much you work, someone else always knows someone higher up and that always counts more.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Mom was a single mom, Waitress and I grew up without being able to even buy school photos... then I dropped out of High School, became a webdesigner, then went to an alternative school, got my diploma, and I've just been busting my ass to the top. I'm a Sysadmin for GE, making 45,000 a year. Decent for a dropout, but God, I fucking hate computers.

I thought the money would allow me to goto school, but being 25, I'm finding it extreamly hard. I dont even know where to start anymore.[/QUOTE]

You are making very good money for not having a degree, I'm jealous. I make $0.00. You might have a hard time moving up much from there without one though. If you could get a job with a company like Lockhead Martin, they gladly pay for any extra education while you work there, so the recruiters here tell me.

I'm in College, just started 5th year and have 146 credits. I switched majors one or two semesters, but went back to what my first major was, computer science. I have 1 class this semester. I should have graduated last semester, but I really over did it with classes. The department head and my professors thought I was insane for even attempting last semester. Oh well, live and learn. Looking for a job now, or will be.

[quote name='javeryh']... except if you work 14+ hours a day and get home and go right to sleep.[/QUOTE]

That sounds quite depressing.

I don't know anyone who works those type of hours here, not even my dad. Alot of people make alot of money here. However, cost of living is probably a whole lot cheaper too, so I guess it is all relative. When I graduate, I'm sticking around here for these reasons.

[quote name='b3b0p']That sounds quite depressing.

I don't know anyone who works those type of hours here, not even my dad. Alot of people make alot of money here. However, cost of living is probably a whole lot cheaper too, so I guess it is all relative. When I graduate, I'm sticking around here for these reasons.[/QUOTE]

It is depressing but I have to do it if I want to make some good money while i'm young and hopefully retire somewhat early. I love NYC and the surrounding areas so I don't think I could go to a less populated area - too quiet. Everything I could possibly want is right outside.

The best thing about college is the people...I work with no one my age or even with the same interests, so I basically have no one to hang out with, it's rather shitty.

Just started this past fall, and have 27 hours from first semester, 10 hours transfered from high school, and I am taking 15 right now. Love college, but having to go to work every day after I get out of class really blows.

I have 50 credits after 1 and a half years (plus a semester of dual enrollment). I went to a University my first year. HATED living in a dorm with inconsiderate assholes, so I decided not to go back. I'll have my AA after this semester, and I plan on going to another University in the fall, but I have NO CLUE what to major in.

I have 8 hours that I got a year ago. Now I'm just working, and I only make 15K. But, the only bills I have to pay are car insurance and cell phone (I get free rent, cable, and internet because I still live w/ my mom). However, now that I'm 20 I plan on moving out within the year, and I'm going back to school in the fall.

bread's done
Back