How Is rightstuf.com as a company.

The rating, I find, happens to be utter BS. TRSI (The Right Stuf International) has been known since way back in '93 when they were doing nothing but straight anime (and some random sci-fi) mail-order catalogues for their sickeningly good customer service. It's one of the few companies where I've had major problems (not their own fault, sadly) and had my credit card charges refunded less than an hour after calling customer service.

Their shipping rates tend to be a little bit high but they are one of the best anime retailers online, hands-down. I've been ordering from them since 1995 and, honestly, I couldn't be happier with their overall stock, services, or sales. It also doesn't hurt that the Kleckners who run the whole operation have always been a wonderful bunch. The head of the company usually posts deals over at AnimeonDVD.com and scouts the forums for ideas about what to toss on sale, to talk to the fans, things like that.

Yeah...a glowing review on my part. Feel free to chew me out!

[Edit:] And, after looking at that ratings site, it seems only one person left a rating over the past six months, so that skews things just a bit.

I have ordered from them 4 times since October and have been pleased each time. Those reseller ratings type sites are pretty useless if you ask me. It's better to just ask people here. There are lots of people here who have ordered from them.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77797

During the Christmas sale they had to backorder a lot of stuff due to the volume of orders but they are fulfilling them all. When you order just make sure it says "in-stock and available" and you should get your item pretty quickly depending on the ship method you use. If it says "ships in 8-10 business days" it usually means it is on order from the manufacturer and may take awhile. They do send periodic e-mails regard status of things like that though. They contated me through e-mail twice to let me know that they were working on the order. I think they are a great site to order from.

I've order from them a few times really good service for me. I noitce the link above only had one rating in the last six months check this one. Also keep your eyes out for their sales they typically have sale base on publishers every now and then last time I order I think it was 40% off VIZ products I picked up three Maison Ikkoku box set for under $100 it would have been $150 dollars normally. I also like the fact the they produce a lot of really good series in house and seem to support niche product like Maison Ikkoku they are the only vendor besides VIZ that carries Maison Ikkoku. Sale have been low for the series so Right Stuf and VIZ are working together to make sure the entire series is release on DVD.

http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide/cust_reviews__mid--26109.html

The problem I find with looking at rating sites is people that are unhappy are more likely to post a review than someone who is content. This skews the statistics.

Rightstuf is a great company only problem I've had is they won't send to an address other than the billing address even though they have that option.

RightStuf is one of the easiest and best companies i've bought from. The shipping rates tend to be a bit high but it evens out if you buy more items. The items always came well packaged and the catalogues they send make for good reading. The only real complaint is the somewhat long time it takes to process an order, even for items in-stock.

I've ordered many many many times from them. I have never had an issue. Theya re an excellent site and deserve all the praise they get. I rank them up there with sites like DDD, Amazon, etc. One time I had ordered something that later it turns out wasn't what my friend wanted after all and phoned them to which they canceled the order promptly and without issue. Also, other than the Christmas sale which they always sell out of, my orders have always been prompt and without issue.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Rightstuf is a great company only problem I've had is they won't send to an address other than the billing address even though they have that option.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I wanted to do that for the Christmas sale, but they wouldn't allow me unless I called up the CC company, etc.

If yoiu have any problems you can email the boss direct or make a post oin the retail forum of Animeondvd.com. He's prettyy responsive.

Their only downside is that there is usually some delay between when you order a product and when they ship. Usually a week. So don't expect it to be the mail right away. but it's worth the wait.

They have been great for me. I ordered a good amount of stuff a couple times when they were having studio sales.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']So im gonna be safe in the assumption that it is gonna be ok to order from there.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Very yes.

For the last year and a half or so, I've consistently placed orders with rightstuf- almost one a week- and I've been quite happy with the service. Out of dozens and dozens of shipments, I've had the following issues:

1- Had a package come a week late. This was at the same time our postman go tfreaked by our dog and quit delivering mail, though- seeing as a few other packages were also held up, I blame that.

2- Had one order cancelled from under me- contacted them, and apparently Viz told them to cancel the orders on the Ranma 1/2 2nd movie for some reason. I never got billed, so no biggie.

3- had a semi-defective copy of Shadow Star Narutaru vol 3- I say 'semi' cuz it played in about half the players I tried, the rest (including mine) skipped and froze. Exchange without a fuss- speedy too.

They have super customer service- you don't get form letters, it's always from a real person! I would say "I'd order from them again", but that's not right- I've got several open orders right now. So, I HAVE ordered from them again, and I'll continue to do so- about once a week. :bouncy:

Though I'm not into the anime much anymore, I remember years ago receiving their huge (massive!) catalogs in the mail. I've ordered from them before, and they deserve all the good praise they are getting on here. Excellent, everytime I ordered from them.

Rightsuf is probably the most trustworthy internet retailer out there. I've been buying from them for like 1.5 years and have NEVER had ANY bad experience. Hell if you go the AnimeonDVD forums you can even talk to the CEO and he'll take care of you personally if you have a problem. What other internet store does that? None that's who. If you want to buy anime, there's pretty much no other place to go besides them. To get the best prices are kind of a hassle since you gotta "work the system" (Wait for sales, get GA membership though that pays for itself SO fast it's not funny, etc.) But once you do, they are consistently the cheapest you'll find on anime save for DDD's 20% sale or some once a year super promotion/clearance somewhere esle. But their shipping, customer service, site layout and ease of use and everything about them is top-notch. It's a shame they don't sell videogames or other products too cause they'd be leaps and bounds better than other internet retailers selling the same products.

Rightstuf is extremely reliable. The only reason I don't shop there 99.9% of the time is because their prices are ridiculously high (unless you're buying sale items.)

bread's done
Back