The Outfit - Gen. Discussion & Info

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
I saw the game at last year's e3 and it seemed like Mercenairies but, it seemed too easy when I saw it, they said that you can call up assistance from tanks at any time, and I could have sworn that there are no lifes, so you can respawn as much as you want. With so little games on the horizon, I'm tempted to pick it up but not sure yet. What do you guys think?

I think the graphics look decent. I have it on pre-order. Mercenaries was one of my favorite games last year and I'm sure this will rank up there hopefully.

good write up about it in this months Game Informer, i thought it was going to be a primarily a 1 player game, its mostly all about the Multiplayer.

I played it at Zero hour and it was total ass. Controls sucked. Graphics sucked. Everything felt stiff and unbalanced. Horrible, unless they change a whole lot which I doubt. AI is completely dumb and useless.

Ive heard good things from people playing an updated version of it now, at least as far as XBOXYDE is concerned. I might buy it for the splitscreen if its good

WWII Shooter = *YAWN* for me. Being so generic off the bat, Outfit is really going to have to score big AND bring something new. Seriosly there have been so many WWII shooter out there that I wouldn't care less if they never made another one.

I've had it up to HERE with these damn WW2 shooters. I bought COD2 and that's the last one. Plus with the bad buzz on this one, it doesn't sound like I'm missing anything.

We should start a boycott of WW2 shooters, seriously. They suck.

looking forward to what it is going to bring. Arcady style ww2, sounds interesting to me....besides what I have read in this topic, what other bad buzz has there been.

I cannot believe the bad press (here). The game is still a month away....plus, it basically looks like Mercenaries, which was GREAT.

I guess everyone wants more than a WWII Mercenaries clone. I thought the game looked pretty cool, but I haven't even got around to Mercenaries yet. I'll wait until a price drop.

THIS Game is NOTHING like Mercanaries don't get delusional -_-. It plays nothing like Mercanaries as well. As a matter in fact this game was WORSE than full auto which got a 5.5 in OXM.

I'm sure they tweaked it since November when you played it....if they didn't, it would've been a launch title.

I'm still looking forward to it....LIVE play, seems fun. I love war games, and arcade-esque war should be fun.

The California-based publisher and developer has announced that it will be releasing a demo for The Outfit, the upcoming Xbox 360 World War II shooter from Relic Entertainment. The game pits players behind enemy lines, as they take on the Nazi regime in destructible environments. THQ has not yet announced when the demo will be available.

The sampling will be multiplayer-based and let six players enter the skirmish. Choosing either the Axis or the Allies, soldiers will play as one of three squad leaders, each with their own weapon set and abilities. THQ is also hyping the Destruction on Demand feature, which gives players the option of calling in heavy artillery in the form of tanks, air strikes, and more.

The publisher will also be outfitting the Xbox 360s of those who preorder The Outfit. A free, Outfit-themed faceplate will be given to those who put money down for the game at EB Games, GameStop, GameCrazy, or GameRush, while supplies last.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6144413.html

Found this on TeamXbox.com:

Demo Details:

Availability - Launch Date: 3rd March 2006 (via Xbox Live online gaming service) / OXM. Demo Content: German version with the level of violence approved for all territories Players/ Multiplayer Connection: Up to 8 Players via Xbox Live, or 2 Players (1vs1) via Split Screen Languages: English with FIGS, Korean and Japanese sub-titles Estimated File Size: 500 MB

Level overview:

Name: Estate Assault Game Type: Strategic Victory

Overview:

After a coordinated offensive Allied Command has commandeered a French villa just across the river from the Axis HQ.

Choose your side (Allies or Axis) Squad leader to play (3 from either side; 6 total) and lead your squad into battle to destroy the enemy's HQ, while defending your own.

Capture strategic points located throughout the map to earn Field Units (F.U.s) - that can be used on the fly to call in Destruction on DemandTM - air-dropped into the action at any time. Everything can be called in from tanks, jeeps and half-tracks to squad reinforcements, machine gun nests, anti-tank guns and even air-strikes on enemy positions.

Source: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10266/The-Outfit-Multiplayer-Demo-Details-Screenshots/

IGN.com update 3/3:

Unfortunately, while THQ's demo is ready to go, the data is now in Microsoft's hands. "The Outfit demo has passed certification and is being transfered to marketplace," a THQ official told us. But the game may not hit marketplace today, he added. The demo may appear at any time between today and Monday, IGN learned.

Huh, I hadn't even thought about the multiplayer aspects of this game. I was planning on picking it up on single player alone.

Really looking forward to this game, I hope the demo is received well.
It looks to have some great multiplayer game types and should be a fun game on live.

Let just hope it lives up to expectations or at least mine ;)

[quote name='shipwreck']Huh, I hadn't even thought about the multiplayer aspects of this game. I was planning on picking it up on single player alone.[/QUOTE]
the games main point is multiplayer. There's only 12 single player missions

This is great news. I'm starting to love the Marketplace more and more every day.

I'm still not sure if I like how this game looks, so it's a good thing there will be a demo.

cant wait to try out the demo. some of the videos ive seen lately havnt been all to astounding. Im hoping the gameplay is killer in the demo

Hopefully the gameplay shines through the mundane graphics.

Yes, I think the graphics from that past few screens ive seen on IGN are very N64ish. If the gameplay is top notch and the online setup is near flawless I may get on launch. If its just mediocre ill get it around $20-$25 mark

I think the graphics looks decent....there seems to be a nice draw distance, and I'm sure there will be a LOT going on at times. graphics don't mean a thing though...look at NBA Live 06...people love those and the game is complete crap.

True, Id still like to try the demo because March is going to be putting a hurting on my wallet as it already is (Ghost Recon, Oblivion and Blazing Angels are the for sures)

Interesting. I hadn't really paid too much attention to this one what with all the other games coming out in March. Looks like the next couple weeks will be busy for Marketplace. N3 on 3/1 (hopefully that Japan account thing works), The Outfit on 3/3, and Ghost Recon probably that same week.

WooHoo....I got my 360 back just in time. I have it pre-ordered. Worse come to worse, I can cancel it. I think I will like it. Blow Stuff Up!

I dont think it will be out today...just like every other demo/game never came out the day microsoft says it will. But I do hope im wrong.=(

[quote name='Tyvan']I dont think it will be out today...just like every other demo/game never came out the day microsoft says it will. But I do hope im wrong.=([/QUOTE]
Is teamxbox microsoft?

Also, some German site was informed by THQ today that the demo would be out today... We all have to remember that in most cases we dont see demos until, at the earliest, 7pm est

[quote name='Superstar']I heard that it's supposed to be on live at 10pm eastern time.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I'll be home from work by then.

I'm having (and have had) high hopes for this title.

bread's done
Back