http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=2106

Playoffs: Round One

new jersey (1) vs ottawa (8)
atlanta (2) vs tampa bay (7)
detroit (3) vs philadelphia (6)
nashville (4) vs st. louis (5)

---EACH PLAYOFF SERIES IS BEST 3 OUT OF 5---

TEAMS and PLAYERS::
SteveMcQ - anaheim mighty ducks (vacated)
repetske - atlanta thrashers
dafoomie - boston bruins
KeyserSoze81 - buffalo sabres (vacated)
flybrione - chicago blackhawks
Tojo - colorado avalanche (vacated)
radjago - dallas stars
thatstoobad - detroit red wings
matt young - l.a. kings (vacated)
meth - montreal canadians
brad 906 - nashville predators
TJordan522 - new jersey devils
fxrival - new york rangers (vacated)
jaket - ottawa senators (vacated)
CheapyD - philidelphia flyers
ajh2298 - pittsburgh penguins
BigDirty - san jose sharks
gomer1andonly - st. louis blues
sighlintbob - tampa bay lightning
cfreeze - toronto maple leafs

i made a new thread because the old one got so large, plus the season is about half over anyways. so yeah, make sure to post in this thread, not the old one.

word on the street is that "mr. soze rarely works with the same people for very long", and that seems especially true when it comes to the CAGHL. thus, he has been relinquished of his position, as has fxrival, dropping us to a 16 team league. i consider this a good thing, as i think nearly every game will get played now.

an interesting thing to note is that every game that was played last week actually registered on the site.

as a result of the schedule changes, we will now see the first place devils play the (tied for) second place thrashers, in what is sure to be an exciting game. ajh has battled his way back from a large deficit in his win/loss record to get to .500, and now looks to continue his journey up the standings as he faces cfreeze and the maple leafs. i will look to end my four game losing streak with a win over tojo and the avalanche, but that will likely be a difficult task to achieve. both matt young and bigdirty had huge wins last week, and this week they'll face off against each other in what could really set the tone for the rest of each team's season.

Hopefully I can keep my "momentum" up. I'm not exactly on a streak, but I have done well in losing efforts against good opponents, and have beaten a couple. BigDirty and I are 2 of 5 teams who are a game out of theplayoff picture (despite there being 4 teams tied for the 8 spot) so maybe, with a lot of luck, I can turn what I expected to be a winless season into a first round playoff exit! :)

Dirty, I am not sure what my schedule is tomorrow, but I can play late nights most days (Pacific time) and I will likely be available Sunday, and most definitely Monday evening.

Being a fellow Michigander and Red Wings lover, I am very much looking forward to our game. I will send you a PM in a bit.

Didn't I just play Jordan/Brad906 (everyone knows it's the same person by now)? He's got to be scared, although team chemistry may be a factor is any blockbuster trades are pulled off.

Jordan, let me know when you will be around.

Nice recap for the upcoming week thatstoobad. Always fun to read.

Just to let everyone know, I will be updating the league site every week with a "Top Story" and "Players of the Week" article. I started doing this last week, so check it out if you get the chance to.

http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=2106

The week 13 top story is currently up. If you see the week 12 story or picture when you visit the site, hold down your ctrl key and hit reload.

The Players of the Week feature is linked on the main league page also, as is the week 12 top story in case you missed it from last week.

Repetske, thanks for the trade! Bondra is now in Montreal!

And the Hossa brothers are reunited in Atlanta ;)

After an exciting week twelve came to a close, it was clear that two players really stood out in leading their teams to victory.

This week's Offensive Player of the Week is Los Angeles' Jeremy Roenick. Roenick potted three goals and earned a plus 2 rating in the Kings' victory over the Detroit Red Wings.

2005-11-05-fr-kings.jpg

Yeah bitch what. ;)

Nice articles Jordan. I really like the trade article. Very funny. Anyway, I'll be around most of the day today. Especially before 3pm. Just look for me on AIM. I'm running a couple of errands, but I'll be around quite a bit.

[quote name='Matt Young']After an exciting week twelve came to a close, it was clear that two players really stood out in leading their teams to victory.

This week's Offensive Player of the Week is Los Angeles' Jeremy Roenick. Roenick potted three goals and earned a plus 2 rating in the Kings' victory over the Detroit Red Wings.

2005-11-05-fr-kings.jpg

Yeah bitch what. ;)[/QUOTE]You're just lucky Scott Niedermayer and Carney aren't in the league to sit him on his ass in the zone. And nothing's getting by Giguere.

Great job with the articles guys! I really enjoyed reading this week's news - keep up the good work.

while i'm waiting for tojo to come online for our 3:30 game, i figured i should mention that the standings on the league site are slightly inaccurate, as teams do receive points for over time losses. because of this, i'm actually tied for second place because of my two OTLs. the biggest impact this has is on cheapyd, as his 4 (!) overtime losses give him enough points to be tied with the 7-5 tampa bay team for 7th place. next time i update the schedule (and every week following) i'll post the adjusted standings as well. i'm aware this may fuck over some people who lost in overtime in games that didn't register, but i don't have the option to award an overtime loss (i don't think), so sorry, thems the breaks.

i also adjusted the schedule for the rest of the season, eliminating the four empty teams. now there won't be any surprises as to who plays who in the coming weeks.

jordan, you're doing a really nice job with the news stories and stuff. i especially like how you pointed out that lehtonen "had a save percentage of 0.00 in his relief effort" in the game recap.

and someone offer me some trades. the only guys who are off limits are yzerman, shanahan, lang, datsyuk, zetterberg, lidstrom and maltby (in other words, most of the guys you would want to trade for). still, this does leave open both my goalies, chelios, schneider, holmstrom, draper, and a few more. i'll probably send out some trade offers later if i get some time.

Thatstoobad...I sent you a trade offer. We would swap defenseman and you would gain a RW, which you need. That other terrible guy on your team I just threw in since it wouldnt let me propose a 2 for 1 offer.

[quote name='sighlintbob']Nice article Jordan! And repetske, what happened! Your days of running the score up on your opponenet finally came around to bite you in the rear. LOL![/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Jordan...replied to your PM 'bout the trade offer.

Just a heads up to everyone's else to make sure it's ok with the crew: Jordan sent me a trade offer. It's a pretty even trade ratings-wise (2 for 2, but then again, I'm not really a hockey guy, so I might be wrong). It's ok with me, as I'd probably sign off on it if I were still playing and not doing too well. Being an idle team though, I just didn't want anyone to think I'm here to auction off the players or that any foul play is about.

Again, seems pretty fair to me and I will only accept legitimate trade offers even though I'm idle, but if anyone has any problems with it, just let me know.

I'll get it done sometime this week otherwise, assuming I can get the damn game to work.

Great game Thatstoobad! Close throughout most of it and it really was going back and forth. I was very surprised by my first goal especially (hard slap shot to the stick side from inside the blue line). I finally tied it up but Aebisher can't stop everything. Also, I don't think my terrible power play helped any either (0-4 i believe). I hope we play again and I can try to get some revenge!

P.S. I kind of wished fighitng was on, i wanted an Aebisher/Legace fight. :)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Jordan...replied to your PM 'bout the trade offer.

Just a heads up to everyone's else to make sure it's ok with the crew: Jordan sent me a trade offer. It's a pretty even trade ratings-wise (2 for 2, but then again, I'm not really a hockey guy, so I might be wrong). It's ok with me, as I'd probably sign off on it if I were still playing and not doing too well. Being an idle team though, I just didn't want anyone to think I'm here to auction off the players or that any foul play is about.

Again, seems pretty fair to me and I will only accept legitimate trade offers even though I'm idle, but if anyone has any problems with it, just let me know.

I'll get it done sometime this week otherwise, assuming I can get the damn game to work.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to be a stickler, but it does seem funny to me for an inactive team to be trading players. The trade doesn't really seem to be in good faith because there are no consequences for Anaheim making a trade.

Oh, and nice game Jordan. My goalies got insanely bad at the end.

[quote name='sighlintbob']hey gomer, let me know when you can play. I'm usually good most nights after 10 PM EST. Let me know.[/QUOTE]

Wanna go for tonight around 11:15 PM Eastern (after wrestling gets finished)? If not, I'm up for any other late night, just let me know whens good for you.

[quote name='repetske']I'm not trying to be a stickler, but it does seem funny to me for an inactive team to be trading players. The trade doesn't really seem to be in good faith because there are no consequences for Anaheim making a trade.

Oh, and nice game Jordan. My goalies got insanely bad at the end.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...someones a little worried I might win 16 to 4 next time. :)

Lol...I'm trying to re-assemble the 2000 Stanley Cup "A-Line," and I have thatstoobads approval, but if you are REALLY against it, then I guess it's up to Steve whether or not to go through with it.

Plus, nobody complained about your fleecing of Tampa Bay ;-)

[quote name='TJordan522']Hmm...someones a little worried I might win 16 to 4 next time. :)

Lol...I'm trying to re-assemble the 2000 Stanley Cup "A-Line," and I have thatstoobads approval, but if you are REALLY against it, then I guess it's up to Steve whether or not to go through with it.

Plus, nobody complained about your fleecing of Tampa Bay ;-)[/QUOTE]

Tampa is still playing and trying to be competitive. I just kind of assumed once a team or player is no longer playing games, that their roster would be frozen. If I'm the only one that feels that way, then do whatever you guys want. I don't want their to be any hard feelings, especially since I don't even know what the trade is.

[quote name='Tojo']Great game Thatstoobad! Close throughout most of it and it really was going back and forth. I was very surprised by my first goal especially (hard slap shot to the stick side from inside the blue line). I finally tied it up but Aebisher can't stop everything. Also, I don't think my terrible power play helped any either (0-4 i believe). I hope we play again and I can try to get some revenge!

P.S. I kind of wished fighitng was on, i wanted an Aebisher/Legace fight. :)[/QUOTE]
yeah, it was an awesome game. when you scored that second goal to tie it up, i thought for sure i was done for. i was pretty lucky to have that 3rd goal find it's way in, but i'll take it.

i want to see goalie fights in a video game.
[quote name='repetske']I'm not trying to be a stickler, but it does seem funny to me for an inactive team to be trading players. The trade doesn't really seem to be in good faith because there are no consequences for Anaheim making a trade.[/QUOTE]
in the PM he sent me, jordan said he wants the trade to reunite the devils top line from their 2000 cup win. he's trading viktor kozlov (83 overall) and a nobody (74 or something overall) for peter sykora (86 overall) and worse nobody (like 67 i think). given the circumstances of the league (with ice time and all that), jordan's coming out on the winning end of the deal, but i don't really care, because it's only a slight upgrade and i don't really see it impacting games that much (it just seems more for his own personal hockey geek-gasm). but if anyone has a problem with it, then by all means shoot him down.

I understand what you mean repetske which is why I wanted to bring it to everyone's attention before I went through with it.

Devils would acquire:
LW - Skip Brennan (64)
RW - Petr Sykora (86)

Ducks would acquire:
RW - Viktor Kozlov (83)
RW - Aleksander Suglobov (74)

I'll hold off on doing the trade 'till tonight or tomorrow probably and let everyone else have their say. Not a problem with me, I just don't want any hassle to fall back on Jordan when it goes through. So let me know what you all think.

Just FYI, I'm not gonna go out of my way and do a wholesale thread because of this just 'cause I'm idle. There's gonna be players who are off limits as there would be if I were still playing.

Edit: Tabbed browsing makes me late on some points.

[quote name='repetske']Tampa is still playing and trying to be competitive. I just kind of assumed once a team or player is no longer playing games, that their roster would be frozen. If I'm the only one that feels that way, then do whatever you guys want. I don't want their to be any hard feelings, especially since I don't even know what the trade is.[/QUOTE]

I know, I was just giving you a hard time.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Wanna go for tonight around 11:15 PM Eastern (after wrestling gets finished)? If not, I'm up for any other late night, just let me know whens good for you.[/QUOTE]

that should be fine. I'll see you then.

[quote name='sighlintbob']that should be fine. I'll see you then.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to set your lines in the league menu before play since your lines are messed up beyond belief after the trade.

Hmm...Jordan stays home from school and starts a controversy...nice.

Anyway, I think the trade is fine. I'll still whoop his ass no matter who he has playing on his team.

I was looking through the old thread to see if there was anyone who wanted to join but didn't get to...I see that FrankySox asked to play as the Flames. Why isn't he in the league? Maybe he could take over one of the inactive teams.

[quote name='Brad906']I was looking through the old thread to see if there was anyone who wanted to join but didn't get to...I see that FrankySox asked to play as the Flames. Why isn't he in the league? Maybe he could take over one of the inactive teams.[/QUOTE]
i suppose he could, but then we'd have an odd number of teams, and one person each week would have to have their game go unplayed. it would be nice to have a full 20 team league, but things have kind of stabalized now and unless there is a sudden influx of interested players, i'd kind of prefer to keep it that way.

[quote name='sighlintbob']hey gomer i waited for 30 minutes but you never joined. i guess we can try another day. let me know.[/QUOTE]

Sorry bout last night, I passed out at around 8:30 so I missed everything last night. Can you go for a game around 10 tomorrow night?

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Sorry bout last night, I passed out at around 8:30 so I missed everything last night. Can you go for a game around 10 tomorrow night?[/QUOTE]

by tomorrow night, do you mean Wednesday? If so, that works for me. I'll check the thread later today for your reply. Off to work now.

[quote name='sighlintbob']by tomorrow night, do you mean Wednesday? If so, that works for me. I'll check the thread later today for your reply. Off to work now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Wednesday, tonight I'm busy with my girlfriend. I'll make sure to set an alarm for the game tomorrow night so this doesnt happen again.

So I take it most everyone is ok w/ the trade offer between the Devils and Ducks so far? Just wanted to be sure before I pulled the trigger on it either tonight or tomorrow.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So I take it most everyone is ok w/ the trade offer between the Devils and Ducks so far? Just wanted to be sure before I pulled the trigger on it either tonight or tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I'm cool with it since its an even deal. Anyone else ok with it or against it?

Steve...just to let you know, you don't have to actually accept the trade on your Xbox. It can be done on the league site if you sign in.

[quote name='TJordan522']Steve...just to let you know, you don't have to actually accept the trade on your Xbox. It can be done on the league site if you sign in.[/QUOTE]That's even better. Haven't fired up my Xbox in weeks now and I've got the wireless adapter hooked up to the 360.

Damn, that's a really great feature. Looks like most everyone's ok with it, so I'll do it late tonight. And I'm really tempted to pick up the 360 version and join in the league on that one now. Missing the hockey.

bread's done
Back